IMUK 2013 Bonkers!

Just made decision....!

41 to 60 of 962 messages
10/09/2012 at 20:02
Thanks again seren,
Now for a real imuk newbie question......
'what do you mean by split transition?? I get the transitions time, is this all you mean??
Newbie...newbie...yeh I know!!
10/09/2012 at 20:48
It means your bike will be in transition one and your trainers will be in another site in T2, ie everything is not in one place. Does that make sense?
10/09/2012 at 20:51
I did the Outlaw for the last two years and loved it, it does have the advantage
Of having both transitions in one place, course is virtually pan flat and as you say it is a lot cheaper the imuk.
10/09/2012 at 21:10
Yeh, cheers Flat that makes sense now.
Not sure if that's too bad a scenario though, possibly could be better that running stuff completely separate at diff place rather than chance of jumbling stuff up?
I think I am mentally swaying back towards to IMUK..... I think it's the hills ( i like hills for some reason!) and yes the name!
TBD..........
AndyB99    pirate
12/09/2012 at 14:13

IMUK entries have opened to public (not pre-registered) today.

My Mrs has entered which means i'm going to Tenby for my IMW adventure this year.

dont worry about anything right now...split transitions isnt a problem...just means you finish the bike ride in a different place to where you start it!!

Its a great race!!!

12/09/2012 at 15:39
Entering. Fridsay so hope doesn't sell out!

Looked at Wales and the youtube swimming videos put me off!...so good luck with that, the atmos certainly looked great though!
Ironholgs    pirate
12/09/2012 at 15:56

You've got more chance of Wembley selling out for Englands next home game.

AndyB99    pirate
12/09/2012 at 15:56

i dont think it will sell out till about April Mate...last year they had 1500 but you could still get places during March....every year they say they have 2500 pre-regs but i think thats just a carrot (which my mrs and 2 mates have all fell for)

you'll love the event though....Happy to Mentor you if you've not already sorted one...i live on the course so can take you for a loop or two during the spring!!!

PM me if you're not sorted for a pirate Mentor yet.

12/09/2012 at 21:32

Cheers Andy appreciate that,

I live a bit of a jaunt away in gloomy old Torbay!!.... so may not be able to get up prior but any info would be great and pick your brains now and then.

I have trained for lots of running stuff (mostly marathons, ultras), and something tells me i will have this nervous training nervy nervousness from now (or rather Friday/entering day!) till August!!.....

AndyB99    pirate
13/09/2012 at 09:09

no probs...many people travel from some way and camp for a weekend etc and ride round a bit...but i'm happy to help with any of the million questions you (or anybody else) might have.

some light reading for you before tomorrow

DNF 
http://andysironmanattempt.blogspot.com/2010_08_01_archive.html 

SUCCESS 
http://andysironmanattempt.blogspot.com/2011_08_01_archive.html

13/09/2012 at 21:44
Cheers andy, there lies a bit of evening reading!
Looks good...and well done to you!
Will get back to you...!
14/09/2012 at 14:56

I think its about time I did a newbies guide to IM training to go with the sprint one, looks like it might come in handy.

14/09/2012 at 20:15
Has anybody got Ironfit training programmes on excel??

I have the book but would be great help if anyone had programmes in excel so I could have a play and tailor it a bit!

I' m sure I've seen it on a thread somewhere but like looking for a thread in a haystack!

By the way......I am now an official entrant to ironman uk 2013! Now to start working on the being an official finisher as well!!
Rafiki    pirate
14/09/2012 at 20:22
14/09/2012 at 21:48
Cheers rafiki

Much appreciated. Now less time faffing on computer and more time run/swim/biking!!!
Red_dog_chris    pirate
18/09/2012 at 20:16
Hi.

Did Outlaw this year but missed out on it for next. How does imuk compare to it? Really want to do another iron distance any others anyone would suggest? Rafiki would love the excel file too as i have the fink book but can't seem to find the correct link. Please help lol.
18/09/2012 at 20:32

Rdc - There is a thread that you will find on "Tritalk" dedicated to the debate, Outlaw v IMUK.  Clearly everyone has a view point, but the general concensus appears to indicate that they are both great events and IMUK improves year on year. I have done neither, I hasten to add, so I can't give a view one way or another, that said I have entered IMUK this morning.   

Stoatally Different    pirate
18/09/2012 at 20:39
Edited: 18/09/2012 at 20:40
Red_dog_chris    pirate
18/09/2012 at 20:47
Thanks Stephen. Nice one Matt you a star!!
18/09/2012 at 20:53
Hey Steven kav4,
Looks like we both in imuk newbie boat!

Have you started training yet?
Even with 10 months to go, it doesn't feel lke long enough!
Strangely looking forward to challenge though!
41 to 60 of 962 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.