IMUK 2013 Bonkers!

Just made decision....!

101 to 120 of 960 messages
22/11/2012 at 22:00
DTT- I could have written your previous post, apart from the gym bit. I am currently averaging a total training volume of about 8 - 10 hrs a week, but a disproportionate amount of my time is spent swimming because it is my weakest area. I am improving but progress is slow.

Tylertonka - You sound as if you are really enjoying yourself, pleasing to hear. I am looking to do the Blackpool Marathon in April. I intend to follow the Furman run 3 day per week marathon schedule, this should leave room for the swim, bike and strength training. Hopefully it should also be good preparation and get me round the Fellsman at the end of April.
23/11/2012 at 06:46
Had a bit of crisis during the week, which nearly necessitated me pulling out. The issue is now resolved and I'm back on course. It's amazing how you can find solutions to problems when the prospect of losing 50% of the entrance fee looms. Down to the pool this morning at 7.30. Just administered two shots of Beconase.
23/11/2012 at 07:43

Sounds like a close call!

No doubt the journey to Bolton will be full of ups and downs that will need negotiating for all of us! 

I think now i have booked the hotel, i can relax a bit and it lets the family look forward to it that bit more.......Its got a swimming pool....and a jacuzzi!  Get in!

23/11/2012 at 09:05

Swimming's coming along slowly .... veyr slowly.  

23/11/2012 at 13:11

Yep, me too!....Life in the swimming pool slow lane......Target..Medium Lane for New Year!

23/11/2012 at 13:15

I'm only targeting the middle lane for Easter

23/11/2012 at 16:32

I'm not too concerned about speed (yet), just consistency.  I can now manage about 8 lengths without a breather ... just waiting for the 'click' when I can just swim on and on, must be close to it.  

26/11/2012 at 07:44

Ok folks time for a 'Bonkers' roll call!!

Tylertonka (me!)....Newbie

DimTimTris....Newbie

SumoSue...Newbie

Bones1....Newbie

Joddly....Newbie

Stephen Kav 4...Newbie

Rocco...?? did you get in??

If i have missed anyone (or got info wrong) then add yourself on! 

There are a few experienced Ironman contributers to Bonkers as well, like Andy, KK, Rafiki etc...and all advice greatly appreciated.

Lets all jump on the bonkers boat to Bolton!!

26/11/2012 at 12:25

With the weather up here at the minute, we need an ark not a boat!

IronCat5    pirate
26/11/2012 at 13:05
Tylertonka wrote (see)
Joddly....Newbie

You might want to check up on that one....

26/11/2012 at 13:15

Joddly sandbagging as a newbie.....

26/11/2012 at 17:55
Tyler - I didn't get a place this year and don't think they have a waiting list, although have emailed just in case So now contemplating either IM Wales or challenge Henley. Leaning towards Wales but can't bring myself to getting the credit card out.......yet
26/11/2012 at 19:23

Hey - I never said I was a newbie

I think TT means new to Bolton, though, which is true. Ooop Narf is uncharted territory for me.

Rocco - do Wales.

26/11/2012 at 19:29
Sorry joddly, we'll re-assign you as a 'Bolton Fresher'!

And yeah I think a bolton Ark might be the way to go!
26/11/2012 at 20:00
Rocco...sorry you didn't get in.
Challenge Henley looks good, didn't even know they did one! Have you done it before?
27/11/2012 at 21:50

Just had it pointed out to me last Saturday, that my body is snaking through the water. It seems that I am not engaging my core and my legs are just swinging around causing drag.

To rectify this I need to engage my core, increase my leg kick to a 4 beat kick and also ensure that my toes touch as they pass to prevent scissor kicking, another bad habit I have aquired.

Apart from the above everything else isn't to bad.        

27/11/2012 at 21:53

Rocco - Sorry you missed out on IMUK. I have heard and read very good reports about IMW, so best of luck if you choose that event.

28/11/2012 at 16:23

Don't forget SausageDog.

So to tie in with training plan I'll be doing the Blaenavon Triathlon next year (only a few miles from me ....KILLER hills), and I'm looking at the Grafman for the half, anyone else looking at either of these?  Grafman seems to tie in nicely with the Fink plan.

28/11/2012 at 18:10

Hi ..... I am hoping to join you to make it 4 years on the trot and was planing to take a charity place but, it would appear all places have gone  I'm now on the charity place waiting lists.

29/11/2012 at 08:43

Woody - are any of the travel firms offering a place i.e Nirvana, Sports Tours International, or even one in the States?  You may be able to get in with them.

101 to 120 of 960 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.