IMUK/Bolton 2010 training thread

wot u dun/tales of woe etc, etc

2,721 to 2,736 of 2,736 messages
01/10/2010 at 23:14
Yes I still have the lemond, it hasn't left the turbo trainer in the garage for about 6 months. I leave it set up incase I get the urge to do some training, although that urge hasn't happened since July!
01/10/2010 at 23:20
I will have to have a look at it and try for size. I've only done one mountain bike ride about two weeks ago. As I say when I get October out of the way hope to start on some rides.
Edited: 02/10/2010 at 00:02
02/10/2010 at 11:36
I think itll be nice to start a brand new Ironman training thread in the new year for the training I might do for the ironman I am not going to do.........seriously £350 that would have to be my one and only race cash is getting tight getting the kids set up for uni how much is the challenge entry fee? what am I talking about NO IM 2011 for me!
Cornish Digger    pirate
02/10/2010 at 11:51

Go on RBM, you know I need a training partner

,I could help you achieve a PW

02/10/2010 at 12:00
Cornish Digger wrote (see

Go on RBM, you know I need a training partner

,I could help you achieve a PW

I am available as a training partner purely on an advisory basis where were you on the moorland run this morn? we got lost in a bog
02/10/2010 at 12:07
ridgebackmax wrote (see)
I think itll be nice to start a brand new Ironman training thread in the new year for the training I might do for the ironman I am not going to do.........seriously £350 that would have to be my one and only race cash is getting tight getting the kids set up for uni how much is the challenge entry fee? what am I talking about NO IM 2011 for me!
I might be wrong but  a hint of a maybe in that lot  I think 
Cornish Digger    pirate
02/10/2010 at 12:10

Thought I would rest today as I am in wadebridge Tri tomorrow. Need to save my legs.

8iron    pirate
02/10/2010 at 14:02

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxjO52w830E

here you go!!

03/10/2010 at 16:36

*apologies for thread hijack*

Ridgebackmax - you should have PM re Pirate Kit.  If it hasn't arrived, please pop into thread and turn to page 31 for my post from 21:27 for the details. Many thanks.

*hijack over - as you were, guys *

03/10/2010 at 17:46
Thanks for that link 8iron. It does look very tempting. I used to go on holiday there a lot as a kid and had forgotten how nice it is. Are you going to be wearing the same fancy dress as you did at imuk? Hmmm do I do an ironman again this year?............... To be continued...............
03/10/2010 at 18:06

Shmunks

PMed you

03/10/2010 at 19:12

Woody - just seen your post - i'm afarid i never got to do Hellvellyn as two days before on my last run I came home and started to pee blood!

Tests are still ongoing and a CT scan has been booked in for me by my local hospital (this friday) but they cant seen to find the cause- which is good news .. i think 

Max - stop messing around and just start a thread again in January for IM Wales.  I dont think I'll be doing it as a bit late for me and cost but I'll definitely be doing an Iron Distance event in the summer so will come onto your thread just for old times sake!  

03/10/2010 at 19:24

Sorry to here that Slim hope things work out for the best.

I've read a thread on RW some where that is not uncommon in distance runners but not sure if that's just  poo, I'll see if I can find the thread. the other one and don't laugh cos it happens, Beetroot can colour your pee. A friend went for sorts of test and realised it was beetroot that had caused it.

8iron    pirate
03/10/2010 at 19:30
richard - on the organising team for Wales so cant really race. Going to do IM Nice though in June.  Not in fancy dress though. Next outing for the outfit is Dublin marathon later this month...
03/10/2010 at 19:56
ooh err  Slim hope its nothing much as I want to do one I really need a year off IM training so  a few halfs will do and some marshalling also trying to save for a sea kyack as I really want to get out around and see the coast down here in something other than a wetsuit
03/10/2010 at 20:57

Cheers guys - yeh the Dr said about the possibility of it being related to extreme exercise (moi!) but it's usually only in microscopic measures in that case not bright red!  - we'll see

Max does your year off include not doing something like the recent Scottish coast to coast with the 2 day event incorporating mountain biking, running and kayaking?  Just wondering........... cause I was thinking about it!!  

I will be doing Bala again

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,721 to 2,736 of 2,736 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.