Indoor Triathlons

Anyone ever done one?

9 messages
21/09/2007 at 18:34

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever done an Indoor Triathlon? It consists of a run on a treadmill, an indoor row and a distance on an exercise bike. Sounds quite interesting if you can only train in gym over the winter.

Ian.

21/09/2007 at 18:47

I've heard of a row, then bike then 10k run. 

Sounds like it takes the fun out of it (transition..)

Dustboy    pirate
21/09/2007 at 23:44
Ah, someone else tried to stand on their wettie to get out of it and fell over eh SLAW?
22/09/2007 at 20:22
I have not braved an OW swim yet Dustboy.  I feel it is on the cards for next year.  There are too many good ones near me!  And as for standing on the wettie and falling over goes with out saying
cougie    pirate
22/09/2007 at 20:27
seems good fun but what excuse is there for not getting out in winter ?
Cheerful Dave    pirate
23/09/2007 at 18:05
I saw an indoor one on TV a few years back, somewhere in France I think it was.  It was at a velodrome that had an indoor running track within it, and then they'd put in a temporary swimming pool inside the running track. I can't remember the distances they did, but it was obviously of the sprint variety.
The Trickster    pirate
23/09/2007 at 18:14

I've heard of a row, then bike then 10k run. 

As in, row with the other half?

23/09/2007 at 20:01

LOL Trickster

I probably accidently posted the truth!

24/09/2007 at 18:38
  I did one about two years ago. They gave you the choice of what order you wanted to do it in which made it a bit more interesting. I opted for bike, run , row. All on machines, made for an interesting diversion, especially in winter.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.