Iron Distance 2012 Training Thread

Re-run of last year's thread for anybody doing any 2012 iron distance race

221 to 240 of 2,704 messages
15/03/2012 at 09:50
O.rangeCannon... wrote (see)
Hmmm,

Sore throat, headache, temperature  and a chest cough for me...
Had a day off yesterday - Scrapped the planned 5 hr ride and long run today

Could be The Plague. If you die by the weekend, can I have your shiny bike, please?

A few creaks and tweaks creeping in aren't there? And that's before DD reports on the inevitable carnage resulting from his Team TT in the desert. Still only doing low intensity stuff here. Couple of nice, short sessions over the last two days and looking forward to a nice run at lunch today.

Look after yourselves!

Iron Pingu    pirate
15/03/2012 at 10:00
Rest Day!  (or maybe Masters later if I'm feeling keen, but I do have a cake to bake ..)
Darkness    pirate
15/03/2012 at 15:06

Woo hoo Max, delighted to hear the mojo is on its way back.

10 mile run before work for me today at an average pace of 7 min 35.  Was meant to be 12 miles but I pratted about too long getting out of the house this morning and had to cut it short and run faster!

Happy enough.  Rest day tomorrow as I am away with work (Friday is my normal long run day so happy to have got it in early).

Golden Boots    pirate
15/03/2012 at 15:23

I have another weekend coming up of missed training

smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Oh well... a beer-fuelled trip to Belfast for 2 nights does actually sound much more fun I suppose. The only problem is that this has become a bit of a regular thing... I have only trained once in the last three weekends due to beer-weekends, and as I will have a weekend off cycling for the London Marathon as well as a Half-Marathon in May I am getting a bit worried.

Though I can't get down in a pity party - it is all self-induced!!

smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

15/03/2012 at 16:08
Is not beer carbo loading
Golden Boots    pirate
15/03/2012 at 17:31

oooh Piece in the park could be tempting, then can get a weekend's riding in the peak district as well over the weekend.

How did I know you would be there suggesting a brick session!! I won't have my bike with me and will be gunning for a decent time so will just accept it as a recovery week (albeit the run). Are you doing Sheffield this year? Did you enter the endurer obstacle race in 2 weekends time?

And I am not taking kit away with me when alcohol is involved... the two dont mix!!

Also just found out I will be living away again for a month or so. I will be in a hotel so unfortunately that means no mid-week cycling other than maybe the gym bike or a couple of spinning classes... but hey ho... more the reason to make the most of weekends when i do

Golden Boots    pirate
15/03/2012 at 17:47
Let me know if you do enter it? Got a bit of a race going with my little brother... can't be having that now can we!
M...eldy    pirate
15/03/2012 at 18:38
60 lovely sunny miles on my bike 
15/03/2012 at 19:28
Good ride Melds! Wasn't it foggy where you are?
M...eldy    pirate
15/03/2012 at 19:52
Errrrr not when I gotout of bed no 

beautiful day out across the Winchendons/Pitchcott/Oving .. 
15/03/2012 at 19:59

Evening all...can I join in?

60m bike for me today, starting off misty but then turning beautiful.  First long bike with proper fueling so it was nice not to feel to stiff and tired at the end...even managed a 15 min brick off it.

I've got my first 100m ride on Sunday (a VO2 sportive in Kent) which I'm suitably worried about.  Even worse is that when I hobble indoors my wife is going to be massively unsympathetic as I've missed most of Mothers Day. 

Dustboy    pirate
15/03/2012 at 23:29
After about 6 months of not being able to swim much more than 50M on half power at maximum in one go, finally got to the docs yesterday. He's a runner too (hence delay in getting him rather than the "well don't do it then" brigade.)

Course of tablets, possibly an ongoing thing, took first tablet today and tentatively got into the pool tonight.

2600M set with much less trouble and 90% power restored. Bit sore after but to be expected.

I'm back.))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))!
WildWill    pirate
16/03/2012 at 09:39
Been to see doctor ... I now have an inhailer ,,,, and have to log my peek flow for next 2-3 weeks
seren nos    pirate
16/03/2012 at 10:55
dustboy.can i have some of those tablets please
seren nos    pirate
16/03/2012 at 10:56
Will.hope it helps
16/03/2012 at 13:59
Had a nice commute in picked up wheelsucker half way in and proceeded to play with him for the next 10 miles be had a nice hybrid with gear and i was on my steel fixie could hear him hanging out behind me so poured it on in the last 2 miles and blew him big style i think my mojo is fully restored
Darkness    pirate
16/03/2012 at 14:53
Nothing better than a bit of commuter racing to get the mojo back! Happy days.
16/03/2012 at 15:21
Some good stuff going on here.

Sorry for those on the injury bench - maybe some of Dustboy's tablets all round will help.

Lake - welcome to the dark side!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your sportive, even if not your return home.....

Meldy, I'm very envious of your ride yesterday - that was exactly where we were heading before we bailed. I can feel a sulk coming on.....

Max, it's great to hear your mojo's returning, and your commuting tale had me chuckling!

I'm still only up to 42 miles on the bike and 17 on the run, but with exactly 6 months still to go before IM Wales, it's hard to get too worked up about it.

Happy training all!
The Silent Assassin    pirate
16/03/2012 at 15:26

this weekend i shall be mostly 

short brick tonight - half an hour turbo then 4 mile run

tomorrow long swim - 4k

Sunday long run - 20 miles

and as joddly says "Happy training all!"

Dustboy    pirate
16/03/2012 at 15:29
Er, guilty secret today. Day off work, 70 mile ride planned with Lord H. Well, I got round to his house and we er, had a massive fry up instead. oops!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.