Iron Distance 2012 Training Thread

Re-run of last year's thread for anybody doing any 2012 iron distance race

361 to 380 of 2,704 messages
Iron Pingu    pirate
23/03/2012 at 22:28

Chest infection seems to be clearing up so managed a 13 mile run, last couple of miles could feel the chest so took it easy but it was good to be out again.  Such a lush day!

Hope, enjoy the IMW course, think you're a little bit mad

OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
23/03/2012 at 23:10
yay for getting over coughs!!!!!

Hope..... give the bike course a beasting!!!!......
its a toughie but then wind and hills make you strong (apparently)
24/03/2012 at 06:56
Total fickin distater this morning cars broke down in the middle of the high street 2 hours till the RAC get here I hate feckin cars (especially french ones!!!!)
24/03/2012 at 09:08

bad luck Max, hope it's nothing expensive

No training for me for last two days due to a cold 

Hoping to get out on my bike tomorrow. 

24/03/2012 at 09:23

bad luck max

felt good to out last night, half hour turbo then 4 1/2 mile run, first time this year that I felt like a runner

you know one of then runs that you don't have to try for and you go so fast and everything seems to be working correctly for once

oops just realised, still logged in as Mrs SA, sorry, the above is from SA

Edited: 24/03/2012 at 09:23
Dubai Dave    pirate
24/03/2012 at 12:37
Max hope its soon sorted.

65 miles on the bike for me today, it was a breeze, feeling good just at the moment.
24/03/2012 at 17:07
Was a dead battery but i was taking my daughter to the station for her mock trial teams trip to the old baily she missed the train so we had to fork out for another ticket for a later train as her original was vaild plus a battery so an expensive day but she got there in the end the annoying thing is the car has never missed a beat until now
The rest of life also got in the way so its a rest day and long bike tommorow
VT'd    pirate
24/03/2012 at 17:39

Larne half marathon today.  Quite warm and strong breeze off the sea, which was in the runners faces all the way home from the halfway point. 

My pacing is shite as I went out with the wind mostly behind me to reach halfway in just over 57 mins.  I came back on the tougher half with the wind in my face in under 53 minutes.  WTF is that all about?

Still, it was a PB for me by over 4 minutes.

Iron Muffin    pirate
24/03/2012 at 17:50

Max, sorry to hear of your day and mis-fortune. Sounds expensive and annoying.

VT'd great race, especially as you have trained hard on the run in.

I am really tired and hope it is just all the training and busy working catching up with me. Enjoy Saturday night all. Roast Belly Pork for me and a seldom seen good friend due to arrive soon.

Edited: 24/03/2012 at 17:51
Dustboy    pirate
24/03/2012 at 21:47
Another 50 miles in the bank today, lovely day. Very sore bum, even in my new super duper tri shorts. Think I night revert to the Assos F1 Mille shorts for Outlaw bike. But still time to decide. The 2XUs do look cooler!

Finally getting the fuelling right I think. Though still have to stop to take a gel. That, or shower in it and become wasp bait. Not helped by the fact that every wasp seems to think pirate colours mean the best sex he ever had. LOL.
Cornish Digger    pirate
25/03/2012 at 11:23

Had my best weekend so far with fab10mile run yesterday and 40mile bike today. Have been suffering with chest infection for weeks but now seem over it .

Actually braved going out in Pirate kit to motivate myself!!

I feel so far behind where I was last year I can just tell it is going to be a hard slog just to get to the start line, but hey ho, If it was supposed to be easy everyone would do it.

25/03/2012 at 16:32
50 miles in the sun for me today

Quite pleased considering recent cold but I am another behind where I was last year
Iron Pingu    pirate
25/03/2012 at 18:27

Lots of chest infections going round by the sounds of it, glad your feeling better CD.

Did a 20 mile run earlier and with the weather being so sunny and amazing I loved it, that told my chest infection where to go

M...eldy    pirate
25/03/2012 at 19:07
Hastings Half done for me today ... didnt bank on needing P20 in March, comedy suntan well and truly on its wayin hot pursuit of a nice new pb (just!!)
25/03/2012 at 20:57
Nice racing, Meldy and VT'd. Looking forward to having a laugh at your comedy tan, Melds.

Sorry to hear about your car troubles, Max, and I hope all is sorted now. Please thank your bro very much for posting on the Team MK forum - it all helps.

Lots of 50-milers going on this weekend, for me too, and it would have been rude not to with this weather. Mind you, yesterday's long run virtually ended in a dizzy crawl for the last 3 miles, which I put down to the unaccustomed heat!
M...eldy    pirate
25/03/2012 at 21:01
Are you swimming tomorrow Joddly?
25/03/2012 at 21:05
Doubt it - shame, because your tan marks will be at their most amusing. I might nip across just for a laugh....
M...eldy    pirate
25/03/2012 at 21:07
I shall make sure I top them up on Tuesday for you  
Razor51    pirate
25/03/2012 at 21:09
80k bike ride this morning with Horse,lots of long hills and some short steep ones as well, but where you go uphill there's always a downhill 60.6k on one downhill. I nearly came a cropper on one downhill had to brake hard and broadsided the bike but luckily managed to stay on. . Really enjoyed it in the sun.
WildWill    pirate
25/03/2012 at 23:29
Today was my first rt day in 3 weeks

Yesterday was hiking and friday was trail running

Just over 12.5hrs training for the week .. Happy with that
Edited: 26/03/2012 at 08:26
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.