Cake: Outlaw
OrangeCannon: Lanza, Outlaw, Wales
Slimshady: Embrunman
NV: Outlaw
Hope: Outlaw
Jaffa: Outlaw
Meldy: Outlaw
Spongecake= Outlaw

Apart from my little mishap last week training going ok,I think.Kind of following a Fink get me round plan.Maybe go back to Helvelyn in September if I survive this one.
Edited: 03/03/2012 at 17:42
03/03/2012 at 18:06
Slim Enbruman again! You glutton me and bruv are doing the MK Code breaker Collosuss on Easter monday are you playing ?
03/03/2012 at 18:07
Oh and a great niggle free 3 hour ride on my singlespeed cyclo crosser and i didnt fall off once
03/03/2012 at 19:42
Max - just checked my shifts and I seem to have that monday off!
I'll check to see if there's entries left and if so - I'm in!
M...eldy    pirate
03/03/2012 at 19:47
and it just so happens I shall be in Devon on Easter Monday!!   Such is life  

Codebreaker was a nice course !
03/03/2012 at 20:46

Hi NV

if you read this in time look out for the tail end charlie tomorrow at the Thanet 20 - tis me!

Should have nice cheery marshal vest proclaiming my status

IronCat5    pirate
03/03/2012 at 21:13

slower: IM Wales
Slagiatt: IM Wales , Outlaw
Mrs SA Outlaw
SA IM Wales
Darkness: Outlaw
Spongecake= Outlaw
Cat5: Outlaw (Marshman warmup)

Enjoy Planet Fanet, Podds and NV

03/03/2012 at 21:20

Loving that a few people are "putting it out there". Awesome, slim, that you're going back to Embrunman. Must be tought as teak. Love your "top 15%" ambition, OC, and that you're doing three events. Thoroughly un-surprised that you're back after all, Jaffa. Despite swimming like a toddler!

A good mate of mine who'd fallen out fo love with WTC events after having done 9, has climbed back on to the corporate bandwagon after they announced the new qualification rules for Kona.... 12 WTC IM's and 3 consecutive years, is it? He's doing Lanza and Wales too. Must be tapped in the head like you. What's wrong with doing Florida and Austria.

I guess you'll either re-discover your mojo or you won't KK. I won't try to molly-coddle you along.

I'm managing about 7-8 hours a week at the moment. Just going to bimble along until Muffin has done Outlaw, then put the hammer down for 12 weeks before IMW. Doing the Long Weekend and the HairyArse before that and a few sportives. It's starting to dawn on me now that as the wife moves up through the gears, I'm in imminent danger of being "chicked" on the run as well as in the pool.

That said.... my swimming is MILES better than last year. Hammered a 400m-ish tt today to log a time on Meldy's Pirate Swim challenge. 400m-ish because I lost count as usual. Frustratingly, I was told that I stopped after 14. Dick head. 

04/03/2012 at 02:24

marshallini: Outlaw
Mrs SA: Outlaw
SA: IM Wales
Spongecake: Outlaw

After 7 years of no cycling or swimming I made a comeback late last June.  The initial intention was just to do Bala standard. The training went well and as I've be threating to do another long distance tri since 2005  I thought I'd take advantage of this momentum and carry it on, so I enterd the Outlaw.

Quick question:  would it be unwise to do an Olympic distance race 2 weeks before the Outlaw?

Edited: 04/03/2012 at 02:27
M...eldy    pirate
04/03/2012 at 06:37
That would all depend on how you 'race' it ...

I wouldnt think it would do any harm but looking at the plans 2 weeks out of IM then you would be on 50% intensity and/or distance

Looking at your training I reckon you could fit one in before breakfast
04/03/2012 at 07:49
If you did the olympic as a training day and practised your ironman pacing it would be great if you get caught up in the event ( like i would!) and cane yourself to death not so good depends on your willpower

P!ssing down in good old Cornwall and as runnings off the menu gonna power walk for a couple of hours if i can motivate Wilson the mighty irondog to get off his new bed
04/03/2012 at 12:08

Pissing it down here and have come back in after two hours on the bike.  meant to do more but my hands and feet were like blocks of ice!

I can see the turbo looming this afternoon.

04/03/2012 at 12:23
Lovely walk with the dogs the rain stopped and the sun came out BUT hip was niggling after 30 mins didnt get any worse but although bikings not a problem i think runnings a way off yet. Perhaps i had better pack walking boots instead of trainers for Outlaw
04/03/2012 at 12:50
Sleet is now turning to snow here, but as it's a rest day after Ballbuster, that's fine with me! Enjoy the turbo, Slim...

Max, sorry your hip is still bothering you. Sometimes walking is worse than running - have you tried a little jog?

04/03/2012 at 13:30
Ridgebackmax wrote (see)
If you did the olympic as a training day and practised your ironman pacing it would be great if you get caught up in the event ( like i would!) and cane yourself to death not so good depends on your willpower

I've no will power at all when it comes to racing. The course has potential to be very fast so I would be caning it for a good time. 

Think I'll give it a miss then.

Cheers,

Chris.

04/03/2012 at 13:34
Joddly i had planned some jogging in the local park tomorrow at work as its nice and flat and soft underfoot but i really dont want to make it worse and miss more training i think i will give it a go as its a short walk back to the office if it really flare up
04/03/2012 at 13:53
Joddly: IM Wales

Hope all goes well tomorrow, Max.
Dubai Dave    pirate
04/03/2012 at 14:30

Dubai Dave: Outlaw
Joddly: IM Wales

Did Adu Dhabi International Tri 1.5/100/10 yesterday in 4-23, 2nd fastest M50 bike split out of 42 and my first ever 1.5K swim in under 30 mins were the bits to be proud of, the puking on the run was the nadir. I have 2 x Sprints, 2 x Olympics and Marshman before Outlaw. 

I'm glad that this thread has started up as to be honest I haven't opened Ironfit since last June, my training is pretty well what I happen to think  is needed to get through what is peak race season for me.

04/03/2012 at 15:22

How much wonga did you win for that, Dave? IN tens of thousands... save the zeros. Does it merit a Race Report? Would love to give that one a try some time.

Slightly chillier here. Got out for a spirited 33M ride on a horribly blowy, wet day here. And then really rubbed some salt in the wounds by turning it into a brick. I hate bricks. Could somebody please come on and reassure me that their horribleness is worthwhile?  

04/03/2012 at 16:23
There horribleness is indeed very worthwhile
21 to 40 of 2,704 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.