Mrs SA: Outlaw
NV: Outlaw
OrangeCannon: Lanza, Outlaw, Wales
SA: IM Wales
Slagiatt: IM Wales , Outlaw
Slimshady: Embrunman
slower: IM Wales
Spongecake: Outlaw

Did Adu Dhabi International Tri 1.5/100/10 yesterday in 4-23, 2nd fastest M50 bike split out of 42 and my first ever 1.5K swim in under 30 mins were the bits to be proud of, the puking on the run was the nadir. I have 2 x Sprints, 2 x Olympics and Marshman before Outlaw. 

I'm glad that this thread has started up as to be honest I haven't opened Ironfit since last June, my training is pretty well what I happen to think  is needed to get through what is peak race season for me.

04/03/2012 at 15:22

How much wonga did you win for that, Dave? IN tens of thousands... save the zeros. Does it merit a Race Report? Would love to give that one a try some time.

Slightly chillier here. Got out for a spirited 33M ride on a horribly blowy, wet day here. And then really rubbed some salt in the wounds by turning it into a brick. I hate bricks. Could somebody please come on and reassure me that their horribleness is worthwhile?  

kittenkat    pirate
04/03/2012 at 15:25
congrats on the race Dave
04/03/2012 at 16:23
There horribleness is indeed very worthwhile
IronCat5    pirate
04/03/2012 at 21:07

I hope their worthwhile Slower!
I was windbattered for half of my 3 hour ride yesterday, then got blown home. Wanted a rest day today to tagged an hour run on the end.

I regretted it the moment I got home as I felt absolutely crap. Much better today though.

Dubai Dave    pirate
05/03/2012 at 04:09

Slower: Didn't win a penny this week! Hopefully will make up for that in the next two races when there aren't all these superstar veterans flying in from around the world. You should give Abu Dhabi a go one day, its incredibly well organised, you  get your own chair to sit on in transition! The water bottles at the aid stations are collectors items. The down side is that there are no age group prizes for anything other than the long course and you have to pay seperately for the event T shirt, but then entry is quite cheap compared to similar events at around 80 pounds for the short course.

05/03/2012 at 09:14

In the office by 08:30 this morning after a 2k swim. Not sure whether this is a positive development, in that it's evidenced the art of the possible. I usually struggle to get in by 09:30 without the swim! It may be that I don't enjoy another lie-in for a while.

Good session, Cat! A tasty 4 hours. Glad to hear of anybody else sharing the brick misery. A lovely weekend of training has fired me up for the week.

Perhaps I'll enter the long course at AD when they start paying Appearance Money to tail-end age groupers, Dave. Sort of like a "laterne rouge" prize?

The Silent Assassin    pirate
05/03/2012 at 13:24

Good weekend training from me

40 mile ride on Saturday

18 mile very wet & windy run Sunday

Would of swam as well but the pool was closed all weekend for a gala, bleeding swimming club alway take over the pool, you would think they could find somewhere else to have a swimming gala

05/03/2012 at 14:46
The trial run in thepark was not a resounding sucssess hip started kicking off after 5 mins just grumbling so carried on and did 25 mins then pulled stumps its grumbling away now so looks like its back to cycling swimming for now. Looking back to last year i had a very similar crash and injury in january and managed IMW but didnt manage to get running and training properly till late march so i am hoping this dosent hang around to long. Just looked at the refunds policy and if i am not running again with 12 weeks to go i will be manning the feed station.
NV
05/03/2012 at 14:58
20 mile race yesterday for me. My first at that distance. I was about 5 minutes quicker than I'd expected, but about 5 minutes slower than I was hoping for at the 13 mile mark. There should be some sort of UKAA rule about putting all the hills in the second half of a race.

On the up side, my crashed shoulder hasn't reacted at all to the running. Getting a bit jittery about the lack of outdoor bike miles so far this year though.
M...eldy    pirate
05/03/2012 at 18:56
Force 9 gale training for me today

Oh, and someone turned the temperature down as well !
IronCat5    pirate
05/03/2012 at 19:17

Due to the vagaries of work travel and family life, my lunchtime bike became a run, and the evening turbo session (to allow Mrs Cat5 to go out) will be done with a house full of her guests...

It was lovely out of the wind today.

WildWill    pirate
05/03/2012 at 20:20
indoor bike for me today with 90mins spinning ...

... followed by a hard jacuzzi and sauna
Iron Muffin    pirate
05/03/2012 at 20:36
WildWill.... wrote (see)
indoor bike for me today with 90mins spinning ... ... followed by a hard jacuzzi and sauna

That is my sort of brick.

Recovery / technique swim for me rather than a rest day as diary is sticky back end of the week. Spent some time working on bi-lateral breathing, only result is back ache.

Have just discovered Green and Blacks dark choclate with hazlenut and raisins. Very nice.

Slagiatt    pirate
05/03/2012 at 20:44
The weather gods weren't playing fair today .. 13 miles into work against a headwind , consoling myself with the prospect of a tail wind assisted fast ride home , but oh no, the buggers turned the wind around for another slog home against hurricane hornchurch .. Hope it settles by tomorrow.
05/03/2012 at 22:46

You cycled today??

One of my dogs got physically blown off his feet this morning (and we're not talking small dog here)..............funnily enough I decided I wouldn't cycle to work today after that - any guilt being replaced by the decision that staying alive was healthier

Dubai Dave    pirate
06/03/2012 at 05:10

A bright clear, cool and breezy day in Dubai so cycled pre dawn, hopefully will run tonight.

Slower: my mate won the laterne rouge at Abu Dhabi last year, this is what happens when you enter a race with a 200K cycle leg and never train further than 501

The Silent Assassin    pirate
06/03/2012 at 09:53

Rest day for me today, first full rest for 10 days

Hope    pirate
06/03/2012 at 13:34

Well, I'm having a rest day today. Had to throw myself at the mercy of sports massage guy last night and I think I need a day to get over it! Blimey they know how to hit the spot!

Really hoping for some nice cycling weather for the weekend, It's GORG out there today and I'm stuck in work!

Did I mention I got a half mara pb at the weekend??? Did I?? **grin**

41 to 60 of 2,711 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.