Iron Distance 2012 Training Thread

Re-run of last year's thread for anybody doing any 2012 iron distance race

61 to 80 of 2,704 messages
Hope    pirate
06/03/2012 at 14:42
If you can't go long go hard I've heard!
Turboing is good. You'll be fine just make the most of the opportunities you do have.
06/03/2012 at 14:53
GB at least you are training well done on the PB Hope
Golden Boots    pirate
06/03/2012 at 14:55
That's true RBM. Have you been able to start back again yet? Like yourself I think my time-objective is probably going to go out the window
Hope    pirate
06/03/2012 at 15:08
GB have you read the Time Crunche'd Cyclist? Worth a look IMHO )
Golden Boots    pirate
06/03/2012 at 15:11
I haven't actually.. I will have a look... didnt think about that, thanks
Hope    pirate
06/03/2012 at 15:16
Wtf has happened to my smiley lol!
No worries. I found it useful, I'm a but on the time crunched side too!
Golden Boots    pirate
06/03/2012 at 15:20

I shouldn't be at all.... no ties or no commitments...

and weekday training has been good enough... but I haven't had a proper weekend ride (apart from the first 8 miles of last weekend's Ballbuster Duathlon before I crashed) for about 4 weeks

Time to MTFU?

Slagiatt    pirate
06/03/2012 at 15:32

Time to step away from the beer

Hope    pirate
06/03/2012 at 15:37
I'd say take the pressure off yourself.
I'm sure you'll surprise yourself. That book is very good!
06/03/2012 at 17:18
Cake try Wiggles DHB road shoes ihave the MTB version very good fore the money
GB i had been back cycling with no problems tried to run yesterday back to squsre one now following the advice of a trsining partner who is a doc and iam now taking a week off the lot then starting cycling and swimming not going to run again for at least 3 weeks tbh i have aways been a strong runner so am not going to worry about that as long as i can get some running in at some point
06/03/2012 at 19:33
Just a turbo before work today.

Max - I'm worried about the Collosus with you and your bruv. i think you're a bit further ahead with your training than me .....decisions decisions. the furthest I've gone recently is 66 miles
M...eldy    pirate
06/03/2012 at 19:59
50 miles for me today .. less windy but still quite cold

Not a particulartly impressive pace but I am still on my winter hack so hopefully the PX will give me some extra !

Run and swim tomorrow and thats the end of my weekend
WildWill    pirate
06/03/2012 at 20:22
A double session day for me today

Lunch time
- 30min versa climber .. Then collapsed for a while
- 30min weights (centurions)

Tonight
- 6 x (10min spin | 5min run) .. A good blasting
IronCat5    pirate
06/03/2012 at 23:03

Double session yesterday. Nothing today as left for airport at 0645, and finished at 11pm local.

What time did you get Hope?

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
07/03/2012 at 00:53
Supposed to be having 2 big weeks.......

But some bugger sendsme on an it conference for 2 days so no morningtraining...or lunchtime gym.....

Grrrrr

So ill need to run/ swim tomorrow.... and thursday as well
07/03/2012 at 03:19
Slim i wouldnt worry about my training or lack of probably the farthest i have rode is 50-60 miles,but i was getting consistent mid range bikes in during thexweek, the as usual hadnt really got going with the odd pool session but i will get the Open wster stuff going soon, until the crash the run was going very well but havent run properly in weeks i am hoping to get this injury settled properly then a last minute intense 10 to 15 week program and let residual fitness and experience do the rest . Funny i am up typing this at 3am cos my hip was aching i have a feeling its gonna be a long day
07/03/2012 at 09:07

All those much needed long rides will take care of themselves as the daylight hours open up, won't they guys? So getting in plenty of moderate length rides now is cool prep for spring. I bloody hope so anyway. I'm doing Wales, so not in quite so much of a rush, but I've not done any longer than 45 miles yet this year .

Not a fan of Conferences at the best of times, OC.... but I guess you're getting to squeaky bum time in the run up to Lanza now. All those greasy buffets, late nights in the bar, positioning yourself for a promotion/newjob/sack avoidance.... and the friendly suggestion from the keen girl with the MBA that "we all meet early before breakfast to work on our presentation"? Not what you want.

How soon before you can start OW swims down your way, Max? Or are they a year-round thing? 

07/03/2012 at 09:08

Cheers Max - I ought to just HTFU     Now get some sleep!

day off today so heading out into the rain on the bike  

WildWill    pirate
07/03/2012 at 09:13
Im yet to go out on my bike ... in fact i have not been out an my bike since IM Regensburg last year
The Silent Assassin    pirate
07/03/2012 at 13:55
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

All those much needed long rides will take care of themselves as the daylight hours open up, won't they guys? So getting in plenty of moderate length rides now is cool prep for spring. I bloody hope so anyway. I'm doing Wales, so not in quite so much of a rush, but I've not done any longer than 45 miles yet this year .

same as me, but do have an 80 mile sportive on Sunday, with Mrs SA, ironholgs and Cona

61 to 80 of 2,704 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.