Ironman 70.3 2013

21 to 31 of 31 messages
citizen 146    pirate
28/08/2012 at 19:31

never done it, nice one!

28/08/2012 at 20:43
Quality ride lots of good views until you hit the cloud line only downer was that the pub didn't open until 11am and we got there at 10:30 so no brew - gutted. This was a point my mate who had ridden it before failed to mention to me!
citizen 146    pirate
05/09/2012 at 11:52

Going out today with a few friends with new bikes, factor 50 in September, loving it , Standard distance in Leeds on what should be the best day of the summer at the weekend

09/10/2012 at 22:21
Just stumbled on this thread and thought I'd say hello! Yep I'll be 70.3 next year with a view to qualifying for WC. Qualified this year in Antwerp but couldn't afford to get to Vegas so will target next year. Unfortunately Antwerp lost their WTC license so there will be no repeat for 2013. I'm looking at wimbleball and Pays d'aix at the moment.
I've done a few IM full events, and whilst they are great fun, they take up a shed load of training. 70.3 is a great distance and very doable for anyone of marathon fitness. One tip is get on the bike often, it's the stronger cyclists who tend to be able to run fast afterwards. Good luck with all the training, look forward to hearing how it goes.
Cheers
irondreamer    pirate
10/10/2012 at 09:32
I'll be at wimbleball next year. Be my 1st 70.3 and only done 2 sprint tri's slowly! Scared scared but strangely excited too
Just looking at a full one at end of season so either challenge Henley or IM Wales.. Can't decide between them? Must be mad but think I might as well take the plunge and make 2013 a big year
citizen 146    pirate
23/10/2012 at 23:57

wimbleball is something else!, that is very pretty and a great day, see you there...

08/04/2013 at 21:45
Im Wales has a killer bike course
08/04/2013 at 22:18

Hi! Just cued in after a couple of stupidly busy 'holiday weeks' read your report and smiled I am SOOOO at the very beginning (thanks for the warning - have had two babies so aerobic breathing / heart rate / pain threshold all ready to go!).

Doing my first 70.3 this yr and really researched lots... mostly trying to make summer hols and work / family all fit with training... have plumped for 'Sundowner' for following reasons: mid Sept means peak training in summer hols, 1pm start and race into evening therefore no absolute need to stay over (cost) and no stupid o'clock dragging family out... feel really embarrassed now ;sounds very naff but the 'idea' really works for me (please don't anyone tell me it's a load of pants). I have no proper advice but find one that grabs your heart... like buying a house HA! Move your training furniture in mentally and if it fits go!

Am 'trialling' 4 wks of a plan before I start for real to rehearse 5am runs and 6am swims. must say I'm loving it (may feel very different at 5:10 in the morning). Completley smitten by Matt F's HUGE book and copying bits down onto post it notes ahhh! 

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
09/04/2013 at 06:41

I have entered two Half-IM races this year, one on 23 June and the 2nd one Challenge Vichy on 1 September. Odd as it may seem, these will be my first 70.3 races after 8 full IMs, looking forward to something different as I can no longer run marathons. Happy racing everyone!

17/06/2013 at 20:13

So Thunder & et el...

How did you do at IM 70.3 at Lake Wimbleball?

I went to support two friends compete in their first IM 70.3 and, having been encouraged by one of them just one year ago to do my first marathon ( I never did sports or anything remotely physical aside from lifting the remote control) I have completed two in 7 months!  Seeing everyone, friends included, compete and complete these immense challenge it has really got my juices flowing.  I want to commit to it next year but scared to say yes I will do it!  (I can't swim so would have a real challenge in itself)

I hope you all completed yesterday and got the times that you wanted, not only the worlds toughest IM 70.3 but made worse by the weather!!

citizen 146    pirate
19/06/2013 at 08:24

Completed , JUST, may have been a bit too relaxed about the bike leg then the run leg did not go well, race report to follow when I find time. It was a really tough day weather wise and well done to all who attempted. Shout out to Sumo Sue!  great to talk to you

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.