IRONMAN! BRUTAL! ENDUROMAN! (etc)

And then those silly races with obstacles designed to stiffen your willy.

1 to 20 of 50 messages
01/10/2012 at 20:02
Novelty races don't do anything for me. All the kids are doing Hell Runner Up North they can't understand why I can't even be bothered to take photos

As for Ironman etc, had. Long chat with Suzie whilst we were walking on Saturday she thought it was all getting silly, and wondered how many people were really RACING rather than just not killing themselves to do longer more extreme events, and wouldn't it be better to go short and fast
01/10/2012 at 20:29

I like polar bears.

VT'd    pirate
01/10/2012 at 20:50

What's the name of that mag, Outdoor what? 

I'm on my own in a hotel room in the areshole of nowhere and I'm bored......

Lee the Pea    pirate
01/10/2012 at 21:05
Hey VT'd, how are you doing? . You coming to Outlaw next year?
seren nos yn canu    pirate
01/10/2012 at 21:06

there was a scotman , a welshman and an irishman walking down the street.....................

Lee the Pea    pirate
01/10/2012 at 21:09
Hahahaha!
Edited: 01/10/2012 at 21:11
VT'd    pirate
01/10/2012 at 21:23

My favorite threesome, I need no mag......

01/10/2012 at 21:34

I was just about to go to bed........now i'm going with a smile on my face

VT'd    pirate
01/10/2012 at 21:35

And me Seren .

Lee, I might support at Outlaw this year.   Are you and Seren doing it?

Edited: 01/10/2012 at 21:38
01/10/2012 at 21:46

I am 

Lee the Pea    pirate
01/10/2012 at 22:54
i'm doing the run leg of a relay, will be great to see you there VT'd. The Celtic threesome reunited
02/10/2012 at 00:01

Back to the original point men have all the tough races and all you laydees have Race For Life 

As it should be or maybe some charidee race in something sexy like a nurses outfit. not too far, you might strain your baby making equipment

Doner Kebab    pirate
02/10/2012 at 00:18

Have you read UltraFit KK? sometimes has some good (almost) scientific articles but the references they give are from papers written by people in the fitness industry, i would rather see peer reviewed papers from a recognised medical background but you cant have it all. The bloke who edits it knows also his stuff. its kind of aimed at women but anyone with a real interest would find bit useful.

On the subject of obstacle races, i have a bloke who goes to the gym who keeps asking me " have you done Tough Mudder ? " i keep fecking telling him that i dont like them races as climbing through nettles and getting electric shocks isnt really racing, and trying to run over a 10 foot wall and haybales it an injury waiting to happen. He keeps asking me this every 2 weeks or so, one day im going to just say "yes"   

anyway dont want to keep you from your latest copy of Womens Monthly Fitness and Family Life

VT'd    pirate
02/10/2012 at 07:45

.  KK, can't believe you answered my question, you must be slowing up .

DK, have you done that mudder fcuker race yet?

02/10/2012 at 09:48

I can see where you're coming from KK and tbh the best idea is to give up on mags and just use whatever resources are available on t'interweb.  I still get 220 and Triathlon + but they have become stale for me now - same old same old and the only interesting stuff is the new gear and I can find out about that on t'web.  and to be fair to both mags, they tend to focus male and female athetes equally and advice is aimed at both.  the gear stuff will probably appeal to the males more but then we tend to be more nerdy about stuff like that.

off on a slight tangent, a lot of ageist stuff is very patronising to a load of us old duffers as we just don't fit their stereotypes.   I have a gym membership designed to encourage TOFFs (the over fifty fives) - when I go to the occasiopnal TOFF session I feel about 20 looking at the state of many of them who are of a similar age to me.   and Saga - designed for the over 50's  where the fuck is the stuff that appeals to me and P??   we are still doing things that the under-50's and younger are doing, and I hate being patronised by their crap.   where's Saga Extreme ffs???  

but bollocks, while the over 50/over 55 thing is offering me good deals, I'll bloody well take it!!  some patronsing guff I can put up with for a good deal.

now, where's my slippers??  

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
02/10/2012 at 10:05

lol at Saga extreme FB, im sure there is a market there, im not a massive way of 50 and couldnt imagine going on one of their holidays.

MTri    pirate
02/10/2012 at 10:22

Likewise, on my way, but they just don't appeal.

02/10/2012 at 10:25

saga extreme....Love it.......

02/10/2012 at 10:43
SAGAMAN I'd go for it FB we could have sanatogen and werthers at the aid stations i secretly like being an old duffer that can run rings round most of the 20/30 bods in the office
Magazines outdoor fitness was the only fresh one out with its articles freediving, ultra etc but has already started to go off the boil better as a bi monthly IMHO so they had time to come up with some decent articles
02/10/2012 at 11:16

Sagaman!!  top idea RBM....

a race only for the over 50's...

leave it with me - I know a local race organiser who's dad is the same a/g as me (and just knocked out an 11:15 at IM Sweden) - let me see if I can pitch an idea.....

1 to 20 of 50 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.