Ironman entries

When do they open?

11 messages
25/04/2012 at 21:39
Hi Folks ....

When do entries usually open for an Ironman event? 9 months prior? 12 months? I'm one of those people for whom actually being entered for something motivates me more. Posted entry for my first marathon midnight one night after an exciting evening deciding which one to do (11 days and counting!!)

Also, am I the only person on here without a nickname?
25/04/2012 at 21:50

Usually the morning after an event on site and around noon time online.  If an event sells out quickly, people will often volunteer at the race site to get first crack on the morning after.

Rafiki    pirate
25/04/2012 at 21:52

Tim, I'm much like you so also would be keen to know.

And as for the nickname, you're not the only one, but you may want to decide on one for yourself, before someone else does....as it may not be pleasant

M...eldy    pirate
25/04/2012 at 21:52
Yep.. what the man said

Some sell out in minutes so be very very prepared !!
Rafiki    pirate
25/04/2012 at 21:55
M...eldy, does that mean you and Schmunk's will be marching Gastank and me to the registration desk the morning after Outlaw this year.....better bring my pocket money with me
25/04/2012 at 22:00
I'm aiming for IMW. In fact, hoping to take my missus to watch this year so she knows what I want to do next year. So maybe I'll get to sign up the morning after!
OrangeCannon kona-5    pirate
25/04/2012 at 22:24

IMWales did not open straight away last year - I think it opened after a month or so,
IMWales 2012 is still open for entries.......

Outlaw again opened after a few months and took about 3-4 months to fill?

Some European races fill within a hour though

M...eldy    pirate
26/04/2012 at 10:41
RafikiD wrote (see)
M...eldy, does that mean you and Schmunk's will be marching Gastank and me to the registration desk the morning after Outlaw this year.....better bring my pocket money with me

No, its Lanza for you two  
26/04/2012 at 12:05
"Some European races fill within a hour though"

or minutes for some of the US ones....Florida especially
Rafiki    pirate
26/04/2012 at 16:12
M...eldy wrote (see)
RafikiD wrote (see)

No, its Lanza for you two  
I'm very tempted.......when does it open???
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
27/04/2012 at 23:58
I'm feeling a very expensive pull.....

... I'm sensing a setup, what do you think they're up to?!?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
11 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.