Ironman Lanzarote 2013 (3rd weekend in May?)

Entries Open 19th May 2012?

2,001 to 2,020 of 2,930 messages
07/05/2013 at 11:32

That would be lovely, thanks Hokori.  

I shall await you yelling at me, like in Tenby.

07/05/2013 at 12:01
M..o.use wrote (see)

That would be lovely, thanks Hokori.  

I shall await you yelling at me, like in Tenby.

It will be my pleasure

07/05/2013 at 12:13

Hokori - I have PM'd you about something private and a couple of weeks ago, I mailed you re your mate and support on the bike leg. Is it ok for me to cadge a lift to support?

M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2013 at 12:18

Pingu that sounds like a plan!

i think there are plenty of taxi/busses at the airport but might be wise to prebook, will be 3 bikes between us, 2 x Foggys, 1 x Meldy and yourself so far

i'll grab the 20degs and a tail wind please

Iron Pingu    pirate
07/05/2013 at 12:27

Cool.  I emailed the place we're staying at earlier to see if they could suggest anyone so I'll report back on here when I hear back.

Anyone else on that flight?

Rafiki    pirate
07/05/2013 at 12:42

No - i arrive about an hout later I think so will just grab a taxi

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
07/05/2013 at 13:27

This time in 11 days we'll be  up Haria/Mirador 

07/05/2013 at 13:31

This time in 8 days I will be stuck in a metal tube with Barlos several thousand feet above the ground with no survivable means of escape 

07/05/2013 at 13:36
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

Hokori - I have PM'd you about something private and a couple of weeks ago, I mailed you re your mate and support on the bike leg. Is it ok for me to cadge a lift to support?

I am sure he will be more than happy to have you around to chat!

07/05/2013 at 14:02

Dear All, I have requested the nameless bib post to be deleted in an attempt to restore identity privacy as per a very polite request from a dear forumite.

Please note that I assumed anybody that would print the club as PSOF or Pirate Ship of Fools on a race join form would not mind their Bibs associated with this particular forum thread.

If anybody here resented my decision and was upset by the consequences of my assumption please accept my sincere apologies

Cheers (The only spaniard on the PSOF nationality list)

07/05/2013 at 14:06

Hokori, many people dont mind, myself included but its fair to allow people to add their own names, some people could be claiming disability allowance and not want the DSS finding out, others not wanting local villians to know theyre house will be empty for x days.

Dont stress, no doubt you put the list up with the best intensions.

07/05/2013 at 14:10
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Hokori, many people dont mind, myself included but its fair to allow people to add their own names, some people could be claiming disability allowance and not want the DSS finding out, others not wanting local villians to know theyre house will be empty for x days.

Dont stress, no doubt you put the list up with the best intensions.

Absolutely . I just wanted to provide the forum with my naive explanation. The fact that I received no abuse made me certain that while I may have stepped on some toes I did not get a smack back

Slagiatt    pirate
07/05/2013 at 16:12

apparently PDC is positively awash with Ironfolk at the moment .. Work colleague just back from a week over there . Swim course is marked out and looked lovely and calm every day.  His comments about the uphills were not quite so reassuring.  

M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2013 at 16:41

Is your mate a habitual liar by any chance?!

07/05/2013 at 16:59

The swims not going to be any worse than Wales 2011

07/05/2013 at 17:09
Slagiatt wrote (see)

apparently PDC is positively awash with Ironfolk at the moment .. Work colleague just back from a week over there . Swim course is marked out and looked lovely and calm every day.  His comments about the uphills were not quite so reassuring.  

Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

The swims not going to be any worse than Wales 2011

Indeed, I just hope you do not mind bottomless pits though as the beach suddenly falls off a ridge within 100m from shore

07/05/2013 at 18:11

Pingu,

I am travelling alone, happy to share a transfer, I have nothing booked or orgainised, I was just going to grab a taxi but sharing sounds the best option.

Let me know if you manage to organise.

M...eldy    pirate
07/05/2013 at 19:59

No Mrs foggy? Thats 3 people and 3 bikes then by my reckonning unless Pingu has a travelling companion!

07/05/2013 at 20:32

No. Mrs Foggy very busy at this time of year so cant get away, so I am unsupervised.

Symes    pirate
07/05/2013 at 20:40

Today's question is: where will I find the key(s) to my bike box?

and for the smart alecs (Meldy/Foggy), their help of "the last place you look" won't be needed!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.