Ironman Lanzarote 2013 (3rd weekend in May?)

Entries Open 19th May 2012?

2,921 to 2,929 of 2,929 messages
Iron Pingu    pirate
20/06/2013 at 12:28

Ferret, great report, you did so well on the run.

Bungles, I remember getting into racking after the bike and seeing your run bag gone and thinking you'd blasted the bike after the time you'd predicted ... then doing a double take on the run when I saw you supporting    Sometimes things just don't go to plan  .. and it's a good excuse to go back!!

20/06/2013 at 12:29
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

I like your approach to entering something that you dont know youll finish.

Fnar fnar

Edited: 20/06/2013 at 12:30
20/06/2013 at 12:37

Congratulations Ferret, great report and result.

Bungles, I didn't finish either due to poor energy levels; I took two weeks off, did the UK 70.3 last Sunday (finished) and can't wait to go back to Lanza, although it will probably be 2015 for me.  You'll be back.

20/06/2013 at 12:57

Thank you for all your kind words.

i hope to also go back in 2015 SumoSue, will be doing Germany next year (15hr cut off, like to make it more difficult!)

of course next year I'll be wearing the pirate colours!!

Rafiki    pirate
20/06/2013 at 12:57

Pingu - when I was waiting at the swim start at Windsor last week, some bloke next to me said 'Oh you're a Pirate, you must know Pingu' and then proceeded to tell everyone around you're bike story from Lanza!! It set to become a thing of legend!! Although I think you're milking a little if some complete stranger knows about it  

He was obviously a dubious character though as he then said ' That Slag, he's s a nice bloke!!' - he's obviously delusional!!

Iron Pingu    pirate
20/06/2013 at 13:11

Haha, I know who that was, I shall be seeing him on the weekend, he was at IMW the last couple of years. 

20/06/2013 at 13:13
Rafiki wrote (see)

Pingu - when I was waiting at the swim start at Windsor last week, some bloke next to me said 'Oh you're a Pirate, you must know Pingu' and then proceeded to tell everyone around you're bike story from Lanza!! It set to become a thing of legend!! Although I think you're milking a little if some complete stranger knows about it  

He was obviously a dubious character though as he then said ' That Slag, he's s a nice bloke!!' - he's obviously delusional!!

LOL!!

Bungles, don't beat yourself up over it.  What a tough year you had on the lead up.  Well done for just getting to the start.  That's more than a lot of us.  

And with that, I think my mind's made up.  Just need to persuade someone I can do the training as well as losing the weight!!

Iron Tractor Boy    pirate
25/06/2013 at 12:35

Finally done my race report, still not checked my GPS data though. They are quite long but there are photos and videos to watch.

Pre race

Race Report

Edited: 25/06/2013 at 12:36
OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
25/06/2013 at 17:22

Blimmey ITP - an epic report

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2,921 to 2,929 of 2,929 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.