Ironman Lanzarote 2013 (3rd weekend in May?)

Entries Open 19th May 2012?

741 to 760 of 2,930 messages
M...eldy    pirate
20/09/2012 at 18:18

I am waiting on the Admiral giving me the name of the apartments and booking agent so we can book (if you wish) the same set of appartments
It is also good in as much as it is off the main part area and therefore quiet pre race !!

20/09/2012 at 18:25
Well I think im bookin the costa calero, all inc. just down the road in puerto calero.

Its come highly recommended! But fairly expensive
M...eldy    pirate
20/09/2012 at 18:31

Jedward .. do you not want to stay in P del C with all the rest ??
Trust me, its so much better to be in the heart of things

20/09/2012 at 21:36
A couple of reasons, my dad has stayed there twice, 2011 & 2012 IM week, and has booked in again for next year. he has also stayed at a few others in carmen for training holidays and swears by the costa calero, everything is top notch apparently. Food, rooms, 50m salt pool, Also be good to stay with them.

If I were going over alone I'd settle for cheap and cheerful in the thick of it all, but the wife and our 2 year old daughter are coming, and I want to make a bit of a holiday of it as well. So all inclusive at the costa calero it is

We'll still be spending time around Carmen race week, practice swimming the loop, couple of runs, so will still be able to soak up the atmosphere, but get away from it and relax also
24/09/2012 at 20:04

Well, I decided it's time to get back to it this week, having concentrated on running for the last couple of months.  It's bad timing to be fair, as I need a mini taper for the half marathon I've been training for on Sunday but hey ho, I decided a turbo set tonight would be ok.

I nearly died.

I am now commencing pooping my pants.

M...eldy    pirate
24/09/2012 at 20:11

Please dont bring those pants with you

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
24/09/2012 at 20:12
I wish I didn't keep dropping in here
M...eldy    pirate
24/09/2012 at 20:16

smells doesn't it? 

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
24/09/2012 at 20:22
Whiffy in the extreme
25/09/2012 at 21:59

I'm afraid I'm out already (not just because of the whiffy pants).

Turns out I underesimated the combined effects of being a Games Maker and being a bit more selfish about IM training this year on the domestic front. Planning to decamp to Lanzarote in May was not a popular move, so I'm going to try to switch to IM UK, which is probably doable with just one overnight stay. I shall also be looking for new ways to keep the training under the radar.....

Sorry to let the team down....

M...eldy    pirate
27/09/2012 at 00:55

Oh pants  

We will miss you

Reading the entry list (its a quiet night !!!!)  makes for interesting reading .... I notice a few familiar names and one of which is TC (from Tri Talk) which will give us someone to abuse on the run if nothing else  !!!

27/09/2012 at 17:53

Thanks, Melds. I should have been a bit more thoughtful before entering.

Sounds as though there will be a great crowd, so I'll be following avidly . And for now, I'm rather enjoying the post-IM chilling...and planning...

M...eldy    pirate
27/09/2012 at 18:11

Nothing like a bit of plotting

come and have a cuppa after swimming tomorrow ?

27/09/2012 at 18:13
Got rejected from London marathon today.

Good job really lol
Rafiki    pirate
27/09/2012 at 18:22

Me too Jedward....still got Brighton to do though!

27/09/2012 at 18:25
When's that mate

I got snowdonia in 4 weeks. Lookin forward to it but at the same time, be glad when it's ticked off the calendar & I can concentrate on Lanza
M...eldy    pirate
27/09/2012 at 18:25

I've got Brighton as well !

Rafiki    pirate
27/09/2012 at 18:31

Brighton is normally the week before London - April 14th this year.

Was fun watching all the Brighton  hotel rooms book up today as people got they're rejection letters through - Brioghton suddenly becoming their A race! And knowing you're there M..eldy will certainly make me run quicker!

I've got Dublin in 5 weeks...so already screwed up the first 3 weeks of Lanza training plan!

27/09/2012 at 18:34
Glad I got nowt else to worry about after snowdonia.

Apart from Ironman of course.

Shittttt
M...eldy    pirate
27/09/2012 at 18:38

Watchit Rafi ...

Probably need to think about Brighton hotels as well - will probably need a few drinks for FBs 70th afterwards 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.