New for next year

21 to 29 of 29 messages
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
10/06/2011 at 08:39

Anyone else for Canada?

10/06/2011 at 12:21
Iron SwissBobby wrote (see)

Anyone else for Canada?

Only if it's near Vancouver & you're paying my airfare!!   
15/06/2011 at 13:01
http://www.ironmanuschampionship.com/£550 in todays money.  Registration opens in four hours and counting and, if what we are lead to believe is true, will probably close minutes thereafter.Anyone else in?

Rw
15/06/2011 at 17:31
FFS, SOLD OUT in 20 mins
15/06/2011 at 17:40
inevitable
15/06/2011 at 17:49
Think this event is like Marmite judging by some of the comments on the IM sites.

This hike in price has caused quite a stir of complaints and comments
15/06/2011 at 18:02
"This hike in price has caused quite a stir of complaints and comments"

hasn't stopped it selling out though has it??

and afaik, the price hike is to cover the costs of road closures, policing, safety etc in NYC which ain't going to come cheap - that cost is passed on in the entry fee.

people will bleat and complain but the only winner is WTC who own the brand.
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
15/06/2011 at 18:07
I think the extra cost is reasonable, as FB says its not going to be cheap running an event in NYC.
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
15/06/2011 at 18:10
The winner is the private equity co. that own WTC.

That said I think WTC have done more than anyone to raise the profile of triathlon, the events arent cheap but given many sell out in minutes theyre cardly flogging the cash cow to death, many events could probably double in price and still sell out.  In most cases you get what you pay for, with the exception of IMShit your getting a top not professional race with all the razamataz, closed roads etc etc.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.