Ironman Recovery

21 to 34 of 34 messages
WildWill    pirate
14/11/2003 at 14:11
or even "ill"
14/11/2003 at 14:37
No worries...
Just taking an interest.. hope ya' shake the colds and whatever soon...

12-14 strokes... you grown, or just training in a smaller pool now..?!!!

;oP
14/11/2003 at 14:41
lol

I want one of those really teeny ones that has a strong current so you don't go anywhere but swim for miles.
14/11/2003 at 14:59
I think they look a bit rubbish to be honest...
14/11/2003 at 15:01
but I wouldn't have far to swim to the sides should I be in danger of going glug.
14/11/2003 at 15:12
This is true!
WildWill    pirate
14/11/2003 at 17:09
I know somone who is buying an endless pool
14/11/2003 at 17:17
Does he have an endless pocket?
14/11/2003 at 17:17
(and would he like a pet leopard, if so?)
15/11/2003 at 12:12
Daz
Just read your post about resting the week after TLD and turning your legs over the second week before doing London.
I would suggest you do it the other way around. Unless you are actually injured after TLD (and your leg muscles will probably have hundreds of micro-tears) then I would recommend a week to 10 days of active recovery;
spinning on the bike - no hills and no sprinting
swimming at an easy pace - concentrating on stroke length and form rather than effort
light very easy pace jogging (if you feel up to it)
one or two massages, plenty of stretching and walking about.
Rest for the final 3 or 4 days (perhaps a slow easy spin on the bike the day before).
Dont't forget to keep up your fluid intake.
15/11/2003 at 12:16
I ment to say that under this regime you are less likely to stiffen up and end up injuring yourself when you start moving again.
It has worked for me on occasions when I have entered races without paying too much attention to how close they are to each other.
Are you still doing the Luton Marathon? - I entered last week.
15/11/2003 at 17:40
cheers ironbloke,
will do that, ta!
have to decide over the next couple of weeks about TLD, still not 100%. im debating about whether or not to do london and himuk again (as loved them both this year and would be on form for both). but i can't keep holding off my first (and only!) ironman. may as well do it while im injury free and in-the-mix mentally.

no im not doing luton, would be silly. ive not exercised for coming up to 4 weeks now from virus, and didnt do enough running before that. if i did luton i wouldnt do myself justice and would prob get ill again :O(
good luck though - what time you heading for?

i might get my credit card out next week - when im in a moment of insanity....and enter TLD. wont have to worry after that !
17/11/2003 at 20:18
I've already entered HIMUK (pity it's not full - I already bitched about this on other threads so I'll spare you), thinking seriously about London again (did the first 3 yrs) but I would like to do a full distance race again next year. For reasons too numerous to mention I can't see myself racing abroad in '04, so TLD is favourite at the mo.
Hoping for sub 3hrs at Luton. Hope you are fit and healthy soon.
19/11/2003 at 12:46
Nice one. Think I'll be entering at end month when I get paid.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 34 of 34 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.