Ironman Sweden 2014

10 messages
31/08/2013 at 22:07

Signed up for my first Ironman in Kalmar Sweden next August & bricking it already.

Furthest tri so far is Olympic distance & wondered if anyone could anyone point me in the direction of a decent 6mth training plan.

Appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks

Paul

31/08/2013 at 22:18

Have a look at Fink, Be Iron Fit! 30 week plans!

31/08/2013 at 22:28

Thanks I'll take a look

03/09/2013 at 11:33

Hi Paul, I've just signed up to ironman Sweden, it will be my first tri in 4 years and my first ironman as I only used to race up to half ironman its the swimming thats worrying me as I've not swam properly for 2 years as I picked up a shoulder injury while serving and was advised to take it easy with the swimming as it was not helping but I have been getting into kettlebell training the passed 18 months and it has seemed to help the injury loads so we shell see.

I will be using the 20 week training plan on beginner triathlete.com more as I used to use this site a lot when I was racing tri's so have gone back to it, but you do need a  base fitness to follow it, I'm hoping the fact I've been a obsessive MTB 20 years (even when i did do tri's a lot of my training was on the MTB) and have never stopped the running in 12 years, so should have a good start for me to get through it.

It could be worth taking a look on the site as they have all kinds of traing plans on offer.

good luck

seren nos yn canu    pirate
03/09/2013 at 15:15

i like the beginers plan beginertriathlete.com as above........but might look at Gerry Duffy's training plans on http://www.gerryduffyonline.com/tips/iron-distance-triathlon-training-plans/

03/09/2013 at 22:25

Thanks guys for the help & the pointers, much appreciated.

04/09/2013 at 08:14

I think what I like with begginers triathlon is all the extra stuff you get with the website, I knoitems not free but it does help.

citizen 146    pirate
04/09/2013 at 09:07

saw this race on tv this weekend and it looked fantastic, plus you can drive there!

04/09/2013 at 18:23

Yes that's what we are doing......ferry from Harwich to Denmark with overnight cabin & then a 380mile drive to Kalmar. Job done!

05/09/2013 at 00:04

I wish it was that easy for me it, I'm looking at 2 plane rides, it's 2800km to drive and that's after a boat trip.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.