IronMan Tattoo's

Did you get one/want one....?

301 to 320 of 643 messages
02/08/2009 at 17:20
We need a photo, AL.
02/08/2009 at 17:28
Jj wrote (see)
I'd probably only get a tattoo if they were giving away Ami James with it...

yes he is fit as feck
   pirate
02/08/2009 at 17:32
M.ister W wrote (see)
We need a photo, AL.
of my leg covered in blood??
02/08/2009 at 17:37
I was thinking of the tattoo.... but whatever does it for you
   pirate
02/08/2009 at 17:49
haha!
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
02/08/2009 at 18:00

How about posing in your bikinni, that'll do just fine

JPenno    pirate
03/08/2009 at 20:04
AL - dont use savlon on the tattoo - you need to use nappy rash cream bepanthen, savlon and moisturiser can draw the colour out
   pirate
03/08/2009 at 20:27
Now you tell me......eeeekkkkkk!
JPenno    pirate
03/08/2009 at 20:47
AL - see Page 13 in reply to Hopes post
Imeccentric    pirate
03/08/2009 at 21:39
Should be jus covered in cling film for 48 hours then let it breathe then some cream if it needs it ...
Hope    pirate
05/08/2009 at 07:49
I was told a week with cling film and bepanthen cream.
ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 07:58
I am getting my pendant made in a couple of weeks.  Can't wait.  Wont fade or go saggy when I get old either
Edited: 05/08/2009 at 07:58
05/08/2009 at 08:44

i hate to spoil your fun Rio....but if i hadn't finished within the cut off then i dont think i could collect a medal, wear the finishers t-shirt, add 'M.' to my forum name etc....

but that's just me....

Hope    pirate
05/08/2009 at 09:03

Aw Haile  

Rio still accomplished finishing the distance. OFCOURSE  she would have loved to do it within the cut-off, but for her this is still an achievement which she is very proud of. She didn't quit when she knew that she wasn't going to make cut off, we had  all left the finishing chute, I know I thought Rio had given up and gone home.  I had no idea she out there in the dark struggling to continue.

She suffered awful blisters all over her feet. They are the worst I've ever seen and I've seen Bassy's feet so I know.

If Rio wants an M. and is PROUD that she did the distance, why take that away from her?? What does it matter to anyone else if she has a necklace with an M. on it?

Rio swam, biked and ran the distance. In my eyes she's as much of an Ironman as I am, actually probably more so!

But that's just me...

Hope    pirate
05/08/2009 at 09:04
Oh and she didn't get the medal, because she missed cut off. Rio did get the finishers t-shirt because she DID finish!
ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 10:06

Haile if I had been outside the 17 hours which is the usual finishing time for IM then I would completely agree with you.  If I had done IMUK at the weekend I would have finished well inside the cut off.  Therefore I feel proud that I had completed the distances required when all around me had packed up and gone home.  I did not miss one step of the final lap of the run so I feel justified in saying that I completed it  Albeit outside the cut off for Switzerland.  The officials called me a finisher by giving me a tshirt and I do also have a medal.

And just to add.  I did think about what to do as I had not finished inside the cut off but was told - by many of the pirates whose opinions I value - that I had done it and be proud to call myself an ironman

Edited: 05/08/2009 at 10:12
mellifera    pirate
05/08/2009 at 10:15
Im. Rio! wrote (see)
 If I had done IMUK at the weekend I would have finished well inside the cut off. 

In fairness to those that didn't finish IMUK I have to pull you up there. No you wouldn't. You would have DNF'd. IMUK is a much harder course than IMCH. probably by at least 90mins at the end of the field.

Haile wouldn't have the tattoo / get a pendant/ wear the t-shirt etc if he had finsihed outside the cut off. If you feel differently don't let what he thinks bother you. It's what you think that counts.

ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 10:19
Sorry Melli.  I should have said could have finished not would - you are right.  And I am not trying to make anyone who DNF'd feel bad.  I completely understand how hard it is to do any ironman and how hard it is to make a decision to pull out.  Believe me I contemplated it myself. 
mellifera    pirate
05/08/2009 at 10:26
I can believe it! I find the last bit of the IM marathon pretty hard going and I can't imagine how much harder it is in the dark and practically on your own. i'd probably be crying my way round!
05/08/2009 at 10:53
If you did ironman florida rio you'd have finished in about 14 hours!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.