IronMan Tattoo's

Did you get one/want one....?

321 to 340 of 643 messages
ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 10:58

Thankyou.  That means a lot.

I do doubt myself so often that I find it hard to celebrate what I did. 

Aitch!    pirate
05/08/2009 at 11:21
Rio you completed an Ironman, you didn't pull out when you have, so easily. Be proud of what you achieved! Okay so you didn't do it within the cut off BUT you still finished it! I, for one, and very proud of you
   pirate
05/08/2009 at 11:31
Rio, as I've said before you carried on when it could have been so easy to throw in the towel. It was dark and everyone was gone but you didn't give up, you did the distance and that took huge guts!
Sore Shins    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:00

Rio - respect, you did the distance - well done!

must be bitter sweet this week justifing your efforts - im sure your analysing your split times etc seeing where you could have made up time here or there.

im sure you will be back stronger next time. just learn from your mistakes, plan for them - at least you know you can do the distance which is a milestone itself - just need to pick up the pace here or there and choose your kit appropriately - im sulking as i foolishly changed shoes and have blisters on 4 toes and heels - next yar i'll re-tread 2 mths before race not 1 mth....you live and learn

just out of interest what were you split times for swim /bike run?

didnt realise IMCH was an earlier cut off

05/08/2009 at 12:08
yeah, you could have been a girl and quit like wot JD did!
ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:10

Shore shins my biggest problem were the blisters and I have no idea why I got them having never had them before and it was shoes I had used in training.  It meant that I just couldn't run at all.  If I had been able to run/walk I would have made the cut off.   I do need to improve on the bike big time.  And the swim can always use a bit of work

Swim 1:38:44
T1 6:53
Bike 8:22:42
T2 3:47
Run 6:23 (and some odd seconds)

I did learn loads and will most definitely be back stronger

Sore Shins    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:16

think i have the record for pi55ing about in T1 13min and T2 21mins !!

your 20 mins faster than me on the swim - do more miles on the bike in prep and you'll nail it next time!!

Sore Shins    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:19

anyway regarding the Tattoos - have you got them?

having done IMUK 14:53:29 i have thought about getting one but - being nearly 40 and not having got any already - think i'll leave it.

though Roseys emblem is cool and i do think it gets respect from fellow triathletes - no one else really knows mdot IMO

now the clarets are in the premiership - id like the crest , so if that happens will get the mdot but .....im chicken

ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:23
Thanks SS  I know that really it is all about the bike whatever Lance and will be my main focus next year
oxymoron    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:41
incidentally Rio, i got a bad blister at germany and minced around moaning like a girl (its my default setting you see) however, if i were to get another, i would just stop and burst it, they really are perfectly ignorable if you burst them.
mellifera    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:44

but it did win you the quote award for a number of closely related offerings:

i'm fucked

i'm totally fuccked

fuck, i'm fucking fucked

fucking hell, i'm fucking fucked

05/08/2009 at 12:44
I cried when I saw your blister. I think it got an honourable mention in the "editorial coverage".
oxymoron    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:52

lol, exactly

its why i call myself stoical simon, i'm just like a younger friendlier joe simpson you see.

ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 12:53

Thanks Oxy.   I didn't think about bursting them to be honest.  But it was the ones on the balls of my feet which were the most sore and probably would have eased if I had

Puts it on list of things to remember to do next time

Ultra AJH    pirate
05/08/2009 at 13:14
SS I am nearly 40 and this is the only tattoo that the other half will let me have. I am ingnoring his suggestions of just where to have it
05/08/2009 at 13:51
Rio, i'm not saying what you did wasn't a couragous effort, which it obvously was, its just there is a cut-off for a reason.....you chose to do IMCH knowing the cut off was 16hrs, unfortunately you missed out this time....heartbraking as it must have been, but that's the nature of the beast....a couragous effort sometimes isnt quite enough
ImRio    pirate
05/08/2009 at 14:18
I respect your opinion Haile.  And as I have said I will do one again so that I can prove to myself that I can do it inside the cut off.   However I will still wear both my tshirt and pendant with pride.
05/08/2009 at 14:22
***KERRR-PLUNK***
05/08/2009 at 14:26
fair enough Rio, and good luck
Sore Shins    pirate
05/08/2009 at 14:30

just out of interest - rio - how far from the cut off were you?

and also Haile are you an Ironman (time?), and do you have a tattoo?

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.