IronMan Tattoo's

Did you get one/want one....?

381 to 400 of 643 messages
oxymoron    pirate
06/08/2009 at 08:59
well, no, its a fair point, although Buckers was about 15 stone!
06/08/2009 at 09:01
So like Contador, but faster downhill...
06/08/2009 at 09:05
He emigrated to Canada, and then reappeared after a year saying that Peter Reid had moved in next door to him, and that Reid was being trained to ride a bike better, and fly jet fighter planes, by buckers.

However to his credit, buckers never beared, as far as I know
oxymoron    pirate
06/08/2009 at 09:12
true, and i would have considered letting him baby sit.
06/08/2009 at 09:22
I'm not sure even that would be wise though - when you got home after three hours, the child would be able to bench press half a metric tonne, break the hour record in track cycling, and pilot space shuttles. After so much excitement it would be very hard to get them to settle down and go to sleep.
   pirate
06/08/2009 at 09:27
candy ollier wrote (see)
What's the issue with chips being removed? You can still finish, although you won't get an official time. In Germany they tried to physically box cougie in, but he jumped over the fence and ran the marathon anyway. If you're going to technically dnf due to cut off, you can still run it. It's your choice whether you want to "rio" (hurrah!) or "JD" (boo!). If you choose to quit, no point asking for sympathy. Innit.

point well made Candy.

esp like the whether you want to "rio"!

06/08/2009 at 09:50
Im. Rio! wrote (see)

And as I said before I was fully expecting to be pulled off.

Sounds like me, every Friday night.  Rarely turns out that way though.
JD.    pirate
06/08/2009 at 09:51

pah, can't believe i'm being grouped with buckers!

((jd))

<books flight to canada>

JD.
06/08/2009 at 09:52
it's far, far worse than that - you're only three steps removed from bear!
   pirate
06/08/2009 at 09:56

ahhh JD come back!

come run the Beacon Ultra in Dec!!!

06/08/2009 at 10:03
I'm not sure even that would be wise though - when you got home after three hours, the child would be able to bench press half a metric tonne, break the hour record in track cycling, and pilot space shuttles. After so much excitement it would be very hard to get them to settle down and go to sleep.
JD.    pirate
06/08/2009 at 10:04
candy ollier wrote (see)
it's far, far worse than that - you're only three steps removed from bear!

that could cause a problem with canadian immigration then i guess.

weren't you doing imch?  thought i saw your name on the start list.

JD.
Monique    pirate
06/08/2009 at 10:05

Bringing back some lovely memories. Buckers is/was a nice chap though on meeting him. I wish he was still on here.

Regarding the finish or not to finish debate if you ignore IM rules about cut offs the pirate points system clearly states (somehwere) that a finish is a finish- so get your pendant, ignore the doubters and kick ass next year Rio.

06/08/2009 at 10:06
it was the week before Vermont, so I buckered.  i neither JD'd nor, heaven forbid, beared though.
Monique    pirate
06/08/2009 at 10:07
But you could have Rio'ed
ImRio    pirate
06/08/2009 at 10:11
06/08/2009 at 10:12
i pretty much did, if you go by target time vs actual!
Bedders..    pirate
07/08/2009 at 16:55

I have never been a fan of tattoo's but each one to their own and it's a free country and all that.....

However, I can someone explain to me why, however proud one is to have run an IM, anyone would want to have a company's registered trademark and/or logo tattooed to them for the rest of their life?

It is surely a marketing dream and I bet there is a marketing manager somewhere in middle America working for WTC, picking up a fat bonus each year, who can't believe his luck that folk are actually asking for his trademark as a tattoo.

As I say I am not a great fan anyway of tatt's but all the same, I am interested in understanding it a bit more as I can't think of another example anywhere where this happens.

07/08/2009 at 16:59
"want to have a company's registered trademark and/or logo tattooed to them for the rest of their life"

It was discussed a bit earlier, Bedders.

My own thoughts are that people (including myself, from the outside) see the MDot tattoo as a badge of achievement rather than as a logo. Of course it IS a logo, but it's more than that - it's a brand, in the true sense.

And in marketing terms, yes, a spectacularly successful bit of branding if people do see it as a badge of honour/achievement.

erm...I wouldn't mind a closer look at the Olympic Rings (another brand) that Chris Hoy has on his upper arm... ;o)
07/08/2009 at 17:01
Because to most people it represents a big challenge, rather than a small company. Also there is an element of "me too".
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.