IronMan Tattoo's

Did you get one/want one....?

401 to 420 of 643 messages
Aitch!    pirate
07/08/2009 at 17:42
I like the coined phrase 'to Rio'
Aitch!    pirate
07/08/2009 at 17:42
When I do an IM, I will probably want the tattoo!
Bedders..    pirate
07/08/2009 at 17:54
Aitch - so do I (like the phrase not the idea of a tatt) - but surely it's now a verb - to "Rio"......
Edited: 07/08/2009 at 17:56
Bedders..    pirate
07/08/2009 at 18:04

Jj - apologies I didn't go back further on the thread and I do understand the sense of achievement. And no one is being held down to have it done. I doubt actually I would have an Oly logo either had I done that although I would argue that the Olympic circles are more than a logo and are universally known to many billions of people. It's a question of choice at the end of the day and I am not being judgemental.

However, my final point then I will drop it.........I love wearing my finisher's t shirt, my running hat and all the Ironman bling that we got, but I am about as likely to have a Ralph Lauren logo tattooed to my chest and go topless as I am to get an IM tatt.   

Aitch!    pirate
07/08/2009 at 18:36
Yes yes, it's a verb! Can be used in any tense too!
07/08/2009 at 19:06
"the Olympic circles are more than a logo"

ZACKly!

They've been around a bit longer and 'affect' more people so it's a bigger brand, but the principle is the same.

...and I'm not likely to have Maserati stamped across me boobs, either, so I guess we're in agreement generally. ;o)
M...eldy    pirate
07/08/2009 at 19:15
Only cos 'Maserati' would look a bit silly underneath 'Ford Cortina'

07/08/2009 at 19:25
It says Concertina when I take a deep breath...
M...eldy    pirate
07/08/2009 at 19:25
Cona    pirate
03/08/2010 at 15:11
Thought I'd raise the topic again after seeing Mr Wild Will's on Facebook. Quite a few people (including me) competing in their first Ironman distance events in 2010.

Anyone having thoughts of getting Tatt'd?

I have a number anyway and the Mrs always said i wasn't allowed anymore, however wshe got very drunk last Saturday and finally caved in and said I could get one more to represent this.

What to get........
03/08/2010 at 15:18

Iron Rose's is pretty cool. Candy's looks like an iron smurf and Oxy's is gaylord pink.

There are loads of good and very bad on a google images search. I originally wanted one but soon settled on multiple t-shirts and a watch. You could just walk around in the new K-Swiss shoes

http://s.wiggle.co.uk/images/k-swiss-02463-055-M-zoom.jpg

Sore Shins    pirate
03/08/2010 at 15:19
wills tatt is tops - continue the trend!!

a brand of achievement in my eyes , though im a blank canvas at present
03/08/2010 at 15:21

Silly (but true story)

There are 3 or 4 of us at our gym who all have Mdots, I was standing at the mirror shaving a few weeks back and Gary one of my training buddies said "Sorry Dave your Mdot is upstaged !" Turned to the guy next to me and he has the Olympic rings on his shoulder....At least Mr Boardman had the grace to laugh and say he would never be stupid enough to race IM

03/08/2010 at 15:23
if you want one get one - what's the issue??

I had mine done after IMCH in 2005 - no regrets

mine is a little atypical as it represents the Swiss flag inside the M-dot. take a look at it at Outlaw
Cona    pirate
03/08/2010 at 15:29

All mine so far are black so will most likely go down the 'no colour' route.

Personalising it your way is a great idea FB. I don't think I'll be getting this though, not quite as an iconic symbol..... yet:

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/544687/Gallery/outlaw.gif

03/08/2010 at 15:31
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see
)

Silly (but true story)

There are 3 or 4 of us at our gym who all have Mdots, I was standing at the mirror shaving a few weeks back and Gary one of my training buddies said "Sorry Dave your Mdot is upstaged !" Turned to the guy next to me and he has the Olympic rings on his shoulder....At least Mr Boardman had the grace to laugh and say he would never be stupid enough to race IM

Which Gym you in??

Im in the one his wife is a member of but is he in th same??

03/08/2010 at 15:35
D Lloyds at Cheshire Oaks see him a couple of times a month..Think the kids might have swimming lessons
03/08/2010 at 15:38
I've kind of got the Outlaw symbol in the back of my mind as the next one - onto the other shoulder as a balance to the m-dot but I'm not convinced by it or whether the colour would work on a tat
03/08/2010 at 15:52
Norseman would look better
Cona    pirate
03/08/2010 at 15:52
The orange would clash with my hair!!!!!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.