IronMan Tattoo's

Did you get one/want one....?

41 to 60 of 643 messages
Orca    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:27
Likewise, I'm not wild about the idea of the corporate logo but at this moment in time if I get around this one, I might never do another one and I'd like some permanent proof I did it. Besides, most non triathletes wouldn't recognise them anyway. I've never really been a fan of tattoos for myself but if I was ever to get one, this would be it.   
02/06/2009 at 22:28
I'm loving the branding idea
Imeccentric    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:30

Tee hee bos , cant see anyone getting the tat then not being able to back it up , all the results are easily accessed online , you cant bluff it !

Smiffy I prefer as Stephen Crane's Civil war book title , the little red badge of courage

AndrewSmith    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:33
Or pink in Oxy's case
AndrewSmith    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:37
Imeccentric wrote (see)

Tee hee bos , cant see anyone getting the tat then not being able to back it up , all the results are easily accessed online , you cant bluff it !

A certain person over on Tripetalk does that all the time, claims to have done many races including several Lanzarotes and strangley enough is on no results!!

Even if you search his 'original' name which he had to change because the Mafia was after him

Imeccentric    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:40
Thats extraordinary cant believe anyone would be that dumb , its one of the things I like best about the sport , I'm slow and cool with it , but as the record shows I am re-effinlentless , though not as much as Oxy , he's like a tubby little duracell wabbit !
JPenno    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:43

Rosey - has a good one, with the flags of some of the ones hes done round the the IM,

I will be getting one after IMUK, probably on back of left Calf to correspond with the Disney marathon one I have on the right leg or may get it on the inside of my arm.

Have also seen on like a tribal band for upper arm, a swimmer, a cyclist, then runner with 140.6 underneath

Cross regarding Rosey's tattoo due to Bloody server issues!!!!

Edited: 02/06/2009 at 22:45
   pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:44
bos1 wrote (see)

So what Ironman should do is have proper branding of finishers.  Every finisher would be roped by Ironman cowboys who apply hot irons which brands the IM logo into the finisher's skin.  That way everyone knows the tattoo is genuine.
LOL, can just see people being rounded up and tattooed in state of shock and dehydration!!!

Imeccentric wrote (see)

Also last year at washington Marine Corps MAra I was dying on my arse at 22 miles (usual) and some bloke in the crowd shouts come on Ironman pick it up and it really made a big difference. Im happy I had it done brand issues aside , but its a personal choice.

Go on AL ;0)

Aahh see that just makes me want to have one. I think with someone shouting out something like that would really spur me on in whatever event I'm doing and probably take away momentarily some pain.

Do2    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:46

Damn you AL!

I had this dilema after Lanza a few years back - and never got around to it.

Then the same question raised its head after Nice last year, and I convin ced myself that if I was going to get one I'd have done it after the first.

I'm not even doing an IM this year and yet you've got me thinking about whether I should get it done anyway!!

Sore Shins    pirate
02/06/2009 at 22:51

i'll come with you JP when i get round IMUK - no tatts at moment though - but as said earlier - when you see the subtle mark - your perception changes about the wearer - good effort is my first thought.

maybe ankle area , though im a pussy where needles are concerned....that reminds me im off to the dddd dentists soon...

Nam
02/06/2009 at 23:03
Gertie wrote (see)
I keep thinking about it, but then I start thinking about what my Mum would say

Don't be such a girl Gertie.
02/06/2009 at 23:04

lol

Isn't it past your curfew?

Edited: 02/06/2009 at 23:04
Dustboy    pirate
02/06/2009 at 23:31

Well, I think they are cool, if kept reasonably discreet.

And if I ever actually get round to making it to the start line/finish line, I will get one done, discreetly. But where do you go? Local tattoo shop with your grubby training top and say I want that on my arm/leg?

JPenno    pirate
02/06/2009 at 23:43
JPenno wrote (see)

Rosey - has a good one, with the flags of some of the ones hes done round the the IM,

I will be getting one after IMUK, probably on back of left Calf to correspond with the Disney marathon one I have on the right leg or may get it on the inside of my arm.

Have also seen on like a tribal band for upper arm, a swimmer, a cyclist, then runner with 140.6 underneath

Cross regarding Rosey's tattoo due to Bloody server issues!!!!

That should say cross post, not cross regarding rosey's tattoo, BT internet playing up
03/06/2009 at 05:41

* applies for job of Ironman cowboy and runs around the forum waving red hot branding poker *

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

muhaha.... 

pirate
03/06/2009 at 07:22
Dad Of Two wrote (see)

Damn you AL!

I had this dilema after Lanza a few years back - and never got around to it.

Then the same question raised its head after Nice last year, and I convin ced myself that if I was going to get one I'd have done it after the first.

I'm not even doing an IM this year and yet you've got me thinking about whether I should get it done anyway!!

Do2 hello! Right you have to get one now!

So as well as IM virgins, we have tattoo virgins as well.

Hope    pirate
03/06/2009 at 07:29
I don't have any tatoos but if I get around IMCH I will have the M.  
ImRio    pirate
03/06/2009 at 08:00

I wonder what my parents would think but then they think I am completely mad for doing it anyway so wont change much.

Nam, Hope and I are all going to go and get one together!!!  (Aren't we girls?)

pirate
03/06/2009 at 08:08
If I get one, KK will you come with me? Seeing as we be the only 2 pirates in south devon!!!
IronNina    pirate
03/06/2009 at 08:08
I think I will too!
41 to 60 of 643 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.