Ironman Wales 2012

16th September

181 to 200 of 866 messages
Mr Zuvai    pirate
08/12/2011 at 14:04

the whole place is "interesting!"

any campsite that has a burger king on site is always going to have its characters! - imagine going there in the hight of the school holidays

i don't think anyone stayed the last night - irene saw to that!

08/12/2011 at 14:06
lol, well I booked a tent pitch for 5 nights to give full flexibility, £63 for an electric pitch, cheap enough even if it is 'interesting'
08/12/2011 at 22:21
Il'll probably be back as well as i m struggling to justify the cost of the hotelsin town.....
Iron Pingu    pirate
09/12/2011 at 08:21
I booked a caravan as soon as the dates were announced and it cost the same as me and a couple of friend paid to camp in that boggy field...
Mr Zuvai    pirate
09/12/2011 at 08:36

^ you did choose the worst place to erect a tent!

i've not sorted my accommodation yet...

Slagiatt    pirate
09/12/2011 at 08:52

Ive gone for a caravan as well for next time ... Just in case the Americans send us the tail end of one of their hurricanes again.

Golden Boots    pirate
09/12/2011 at 09:37

There it is.... I took all the abuse for not being man enough to camp... now you are all following suite and getting a caravan!!

For reference my caravan for 3 nights cost £270 last year, booked in late October I believe

Slagiatt    pirate
09/12/2011 at 10:02
Jingle Boots wrote (see)

There it is.... I took all the abuse for not being man enough to camp... now you are all following suite and getting a caravan!!

lol.. very true... but then again you did also bring your mum to cook for you and tuck you in at night ;-) ..... i beleive the moral high ground is still ours ... just 

Golden Boots    pirate
09/12/2011 at 13:45
Slagiatt wrote (see)
Jingle Boots wrote (see)

lol.. very true... but then again you did also bring your mum to cook for you and tuck you in at night ;-) ..... i beleive the moral high ground is still ours ... just 

You lost that moral high ground when you had me and Kat carry your stuff back... not long after I had finished my own Ironman  

(yeah OK my parents carried all my stuff back and left me to get drunk but that doesnt matter)

Slagiatt    pirate
09/12/2011 at 13:46
 hahahahahahahahahahaha .... yeah well there was that i suppose
Golden Boots    pirate
09/12/2011 at 14:38
13/12/2011 at 14:46

Well - accom sorted for LCW in June.
Now to sort something for the main event!

18/12/2011 at 17:20
 Having the right infrastructure, local expertise, and an experienced staff make the foundation of our organization more strong.
Edited: 20/12/2011 at 10:27
ShuffleB    pirate
24/12/2011 at 17:39
02/01/2012 at 16:54
Hi can anyone recommend a good training plan,I have looked at going long by joe friel and iron fit by don fink, have also thought about the plan on the im wales website but dont fancy the £360. IM Wales will be my first IM so I want to try to get it right..
02/01/2012 at 17:32

Go for Fink IMHO its very easy to follow and I used it for my first couple when i didnt have a clue just be honest with what your current fitness level and goal is then pick a programme - get you round, intermediate , or competative

02/01/2012 at 18:37

read going long as well as Fink, (if you can) and use it to tweak the appropriate fink plan, re HR zones, reduce the swimming a bit, inc the biking, etc etc

remember, consistency is key, hitting the key long sessionns each week is what its about, the remaining sessions are filler....

02/01/2012 at 20:40
+1 for Fink if you're relatively squeaky. I used it for season 1 last year and it served me really well. I got Friel/Byrne for Chrimbo this year and, whilst I'm really enjoying the read, it's less prescriptive in relation to the provision of an easy to follow training plans.
02/01/2012 at 21:04

Anybody else seen this one? I don't know if it's meant to be called "The Hairy Arse", but most Welsh words appear to be no more than a nasal rendition of the English word.

It's a new half-distance in north wales with 1,100m of climbing and a sea swim. 21st July.

http://www.xtramileevents.com/events/calendar/the-eirias-middle-distance

It looked like a good way to warm up for Tenby, so I've entered. Anyone else fancy giving it a crack?

04/01/2012 at 09:16
that Hairy Arse looks like a good warm up event for IMW - good timing 7 weeks out and a challenging bike course to test your bike setup (and you) for Tenby. not for me though - no long stuff for me this year.

pedant alert/

I would like to take them to task for their prominent comment re: neoprene boots and gloves. yes, they're "technically" illegal UNLESS you have a medical condition requiring their use and this has been declared to the race director, and they have approved their use, in advance.

/pedant alert

181 to 200 of 866 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.