Ironman Wales 2012

16th September

201 to 220 of 891 messages
Golden Boots    pirate
09/12/2011 at 09:37

There it is.... I took all the abuse for not being man enough to camp... now you are all following suite and getting a caravan!!

For reference my caravan for 3 nights cost £270 last year, booked in late October I believe

Slagiatt    pirate
09/12/2011 at 10:02
Jingle Boots wrote (see)

There it is.... I took all the abuse for not being man enough to camp... now you are all following suite and getting a caravan!!

lol.. very true... but then again you did also bring your mum to cook for you and tuck you in at night ;-) ..... i beleive the moral high ground is still ours ... just 

Golden Boots    pirate
09/12/2011 at 13:45
Slagiatt wrote (see)
Jingle Boots wrote (see)

lol.. very true... but then again you did also bring your mum to cook for you and tuck you in at night ;-) ..... i beleive the moral high ground is still ours ... just 

You lost that moral high ground when you had me and Kat carry your stuff back... not long after I had finished my own Ironman  

(yeah OK my parents carried all my stuff back and left me to get drunk but that doesnt matter)

Slagiatt    pirate
09/12/2011 at 13:46
 hahahahahahahahahahaha .... yeah well there was that i suppose
Golden Boots    pirate
09/12/2011 at 14:38
13/12/2011 at 14:46

Well - accom sorted for LCW in June.
Now to sort something for the main event!

18/12/2011 at 17:20
 Having the right infrastructure, local expertise, and an experienced staff make the foundation of our organization more strong.
Edited: 20/12/2011 at 10:27
24/12/2011 at 17:39
02/01/2012 at 16:54
Hi can anyone recommend a good training plan,I have looked at going long by joe friel and iron fit by don fink, have also thought about the plan on the im wales website but dont fancy the £360. IM Wales will be my first IM so I want to try to get it right..
02/01/2012 at 17:32

Go for Fink IMHO its very easy to follow and I used it for my first couple when i didnt have a clue just be honest with what your current fitness level and goal is then pick a programme - get you round, intermediate , or competative

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
02/01/2012 at 18:37

read going long as well as Fink, (if you can) and use it to tweak the appropriate fink plan, re HR zones, reduce the swimming a bit, inc the biking, etc etc

remember, consistency is key, hitting the key long sessionns each week is what its about, the remaining sessions are filler....

02/01/2012 at 20:40
+1 for Fink if you're relatively squeaky. I used it for season 1 last year and it served me really well. I got Friel/Byrne for Chrimbo this year and, whilst I'm really enjoying the read, it's less prescriptive in relation to the provision of an easy to follow training plans.
02/01/2012 at 21:04

Anybody else seen this one? I don't know if it's meant to be called "The Hairy Arse", but most Welsh words appear to be no more than a nasal rendition of the English word.

It's a new half-distance in north wales with 1,100m of climbing and a sea swim. 21st July.

http://www.xtramileevents.com/events/calendar/the-eirias-middle-distance

It looked like a good way to warm up for Tenby, so I've entered. Anyone else fancy giving it a crack?

04/01/2012 at 09:16
that Hairy Arse looks like a good warm up event for IMW - good timing 7 weeks out and a challenging bike course to test your bike setup (and you) for Tenby. not for me though - no long stuff for me this year.

pedant alert/

I would like to take them to task for their prominent comment re: neoprene boots and gloves. yes, they're "technically" illegal UNLESS you have a medical condition requiring their use and this has been declared to the race director, and they have approved their use, in advance.

/pedant alert

seren nos    pirate
04/01/2012 at 09:19
slower loving your welsh/ english translation...
04/01/2012 at 12:03

Thanks Seren. I knew I'd got it right. Adds to my lexicon of Welsh/English translations;

Te/Tea
Coffi/Coffee
Cappucinno/Cappucinno
Flapjac/Flapjack
Myffin/Muffin
Trywsus Brun/ Brown trousers

Pedantry always welcomed, FB!

Iron Pingu    pirate
04/01/2012 at 13:15

And from this day forth, is shall be known as The Hairy Arse.  

Edited: 04/01/2012 at 13:16
The Silent Assassin    pirate
04/01/2012 at 13:33

Well guys, looks like I may be joining up for this.

Original plan was for the double Im in June, but have just lost my bike for at least the whole of Jan and can't afford to miss a full months biking at this stage, so looking around for something sligthly later in the year and being that there seems to have been a good response from the people that did it last year (apart from the weather) this event fits the bill.

Did it fill last year?

Is there anyay of seeing how many extrants so far this year?

Whats the limit?

Edited: 04/01/2012 at 18:08
09/01/2012 at 10:04

It'll be lovely to see you there SA!
Just booked my accom for the race weekend. Availability already looks sticky. Looking forward to being able to train again once I shake this 'orrible chest infection!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
09/01/2012 at 13:39

this is from he organisers

Last year the race sold out quickly so we are expecting to do the same this year.
Currently we have about 200 places left, and do expect these to fill very soon so I would recommend that you enter ASAP to avoid disappointment

looks like its going to fill before I can enter.

Edited: 09/01/2012 at 13:40
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.