Ironman Wales 2012

16th September

201 to 220 of 866 messages
seren nos    pirate
04/01/2012 at 09:19
slower loving your welsh/ english translation...
04/01/2012 at 12:03

Thanks Seren. I knew I'd got it right. Adds to my lexicon of Welsh/English translations;

Te/Tea
Coffi/Coffee
Cappucinno/Cappucinno
Flapjac/Flapjack
Myffin/Muffin
Trywsus Brun/ Brown trousers

Pedantry always welcomed, FB!

Iron Pingu    pirate
04/01/2012 at 13:15

And from this day forth, is shall be known as The Hairy Arse.  

Edited: 04/01/2012 at 13:16
The Silent Assassin    pirate
04/01/2012 at 13:33

Well guys, looks like I may be joining up for this.

Original plan was for the double Im in June, but have just lost my bike for at least the whole of Jan and can't afford to miss a full months biking at this stage, so looking around for something sligthly later in the year and being that there seems to have been a good response from the people that did it last year (apart from the weather) this event fits the bill.

Did it fill last year?

Is there anyay of seeing how many extrants so far this year?

Whats the limit?

Edited: 04/01/2012 at 18:08
09/01/2012 at 10:04

It'll be lovely to see you there SA!
Just booked my accom for the race weekend. Availability already looks sticky. Looking forward to being able to train again once I shake this 'orrible chest infection!

09/01/2012 at 13:39

this is from he organisers

Last year the race sold out quickly so we are expecting to do the same this year.
Currently we have about 200 places left, and do expect these to fill very soon so I would recommend that you enter ASAP to avoid disappointment

looks like its going to fill before I can enter.

Edited: 09/01/2012 at 13:40
Mr Zuvai    pirate
09/01/2012 at 13:49

SA... i wouldn't read too much into that - im pretty sure it didn't fill last year - one of Buddha's friends entered a couple of days before the race

my suspicion is that they're saying that to hurry people into entering before they're tempted to enter a different event

hope you get a turn in luck soon!

09/01/2012 at 14:13
it didn't fill last year but given that it's now acquired a "must do" status, I think it might do this year.....

as Mr Z says, there will always be some hype about entries selling quickly, but until it develops the mythical status of IM like Austria, Florida or NY which sell out in minutes, then there will be slots to be had yet. are IMW operating a reserve list does anyone know??

but I'd still try to get the entry in asap SA so you don't miss out and I look forward to giving you some encoura.....abuse on the day..

thedrainman    pirate
09/01/2012 at 20:02
Anyone else see this, what do you think of IMUK running Wales in 2012

'Ironman Wales as far as activity wales are concerned long course will be off north beach. not sure who is running 2012 so best to drop IMUK a line'.
Iron Tractor Boy    pirate
09/01/2012 at 21:42
Finally entered this race, the only other race so far entered is a bit of a swim\cycle\run at Nottingham.
10/01/2012 at 09:55
TD - just seen that comment on Activity Wales FB page and the reply to the question if AW are running IMW this year is " not sure yet!".

something is going on - I'll drop a note to Matt, the Race Director in 2011 and see if I can find anything out. personally I think it would be a great shame if AW aren't involved as they did a cracking job last year. it might also sway whether I bother with volunteering for transition. if the IMUK organisers are any way involved, I probably won't!
10/01/2012 at 14:49
could I suggest that anyone who feels strongly about this organisation issue as I do, please go to the IM Wales page on FB and make your feelings knows.

IM Wales on FB

there's a post from someone called Jason Briley that highlights the issue. I've posted on it

it's all speculation still that AW will not be involved but if we can make our feelings known, then maybe something positive will happen
10/01/2012 at 16:47

FB

I strongly advise you to get hold of 8-iron, he has quite a story

Edited: 10/01/2012 at 16:47
10/01/2012 at 17:16
SA - what makes you think I haven't???

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
10/01/2012 at 17:22
Id be keen to know what's going on, I was thinking of entering but if IMUK organisers are involved id want 110% confirmation that mssrs Boon or TriUK are not in any way involved.
10/01/2012 at 17:32
there's the rub Barlist - nobody can confirm what's going on - yet.

the general feeling is that if IMUK organisers are in any way involved, then IM Wales can kiss goodbye to the loyal following and involvement of many people including Tenby locals.

make your feelings known on the FB page - that way perhaps WTC might get to see what's what and that people want AW to continue to be involved, and not the IMUK shower
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
10/01/2012 at 23:48
Ive posted on the Facebook page, anyone else who enjoyed IM Wales last year and wants it to succeed should check out the facebook page, raise any concerns they have.

You may also want to look on the WTC website for their contact details.  If enough people make their feelings known things may change, they did over IM Access.
Hope    pirate
11/01/2012 at 19:38

I posted on the FB page to show my support for AW and keeping the event 'Welsh', but as I'm completely in the dark about IMUK and how they could potentially impact the event so I can't really join that debate.

It was awesome last year. AW were fantastic especially given the last minute changes due to the weather.

Hope    pirate
11/01/2012 at 19:43
Reading back it seems as though IMUK could learn a lot from AW organisational skills to say the least.
Slagiatt    pirate
11/01/2012 at 20:10
Facebooked and emailed . At a loss to understand why they would even consider changing things after the superb event that AW put on last year .. Sigh
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.