Ironman Wales 2012

16th September

121 to 140 of 891 messages
waving not drowning!    pirate
14/10/2011 at 11:00

slagg

if you lose as much weight training this time as you did last you'll fly up those hills?

not sure 9 stone will be a good look for you though.

Slagiatt    pirate
14/10/2011 at 11:43

lol.. yes WND  not sure i can get away with 9 stone .. i'll be more than happy to hit 13...

Now GB has found me some reasonable local hills to practice on i should be able to knock a bit of the bike time for next year ... then if i can get my legs to co-operate and run i reckon theres half a chance of making last orders.

14/10/2011 at 16:18
heads up volunteers

IM Wales like the idea of the pirates taking over transition for the day at the 2012 event and I'll be talking to 8iron next week - if he remembers to call me - to discuss the plan and how it will work.

we'll need as many volunteers as we can muster so I'll punt up a separate thread calling for volunteers and get Schmunkee to do a list when I have more details.....

MTri    pirate
14/10/2011 at 17:08
Cool, transition by The Pirates, what can go wrong
14/10/2011 at 17:10
"what can go wrong"

MTri    pirate
14/10/2011 at 17:17
Ooh, got my pirate logo, just noticed it. Kit and T-shirt next!
waving not drowning!    pirate
14/10/2011 at 17:29
so how do you get a logo and kit?
14/10/2011 at 17:35
CK, re swim, go OpenWater when the season opens again next year, there is no rush to do it now, plenty of time.

Then when season opens get to lakes and sea as often as you can...I ditched the pool a few months before IMW. Get your bearings then sight high when you can (Treetops, Hills, Houses etc). When the weathers bad, its windy and rainy and the demons are saying it's nice inside...those are the best days to go. In time you'll love those days for the challenge.

The sunny days are also nice though, early mornings or late evenings when its quite...blue skies, trees/shoreline on bank...you in openwater with some friends/buddies. A Carlsberg way of life.

Slagiatt    pirate
14/10/2011 at 17:36

WND, for Pirate kit.. you need to add your name on the relevant list on the PSOF  kit thread

for Pirate logo .. send a PM  to "Alice RW" requesting  

Iron Pingu    pirate
14/10/2011 at 21:04
Hurrah, pirates running transition, as M..Triumphant says, what could go wrong   Just need to resist signing up to do it again ! 
15/10/2011 at 19:22

If you're in transition M.Tri, maybe u can get me out quicker than 27 mins this time   lol

Have been looking on the IMWales website, cos someone said the swim was South Beach - it just looks like they've left the old course map up.  If they're doing LCW off the North Beach, I'd bet my bottom dollar they'll keep it for IMWales too.  Well, I hope so anyway - it was awesome!

17/10/2011 at 09:17
stop worrying about which beach it's going to be - it will work on whichever one they use! I hope the keep North Beach but maybe they'll alternate each year....
17/10/2011 at 09:40

FB - who said I was worrying?

All I remember is that the swim combined with the run to transition was one of the most amazing expereiences of my life and it'd be nice to do it again. 

17/10/2011 at 10:51
it was a pretty awesome experience

and what were you doing for 27mins in T? (I assume that was T2?) I thought I took ages at 12 mins - most of that trying to get rid of cramp
MTri    pirate
17/10/2011 at 10:56
I was perplexed by his 27 minutes in T1, but then I saw a photo of him on the bike, and with the amount of kit he had to put on I could understand. Weather forecasts really did play on everyone's mind, and getting it right was a hard call.

Easy time to be recovered for next year, which will also give more time for the bike.
17/10/2011 at 11:01
that was T1 at 27?? sheesh...

I was 10mins and that included the run from the beach
17/10/2011 at 17:06
FB barring any unforseen family commitments I havent thought of, count me in for transition it will be gerat to go back to Tenby without the cranked up nervousness of an IM to worry about
17/10/2011 at 17:07
I loved the beach to T1 run it was one of the stand out moments of the race for me that said it will still be a hike to T1 from the other beach from what I could make out
18/10/2011 at 10:11
Hey guys, all of you concur on the fact that the 1k run to transition was really nice. What made it so special? I am very interested in knowing more about your feelings regarding that first IMW peculiar trait
18/10/2011 at 10:21
I think there are a few reasons Hokori

it capped off an awesome swim
it was DIFFERENT
there was great crowd support during that run which lifted spirits
finally - it got the legs ticking over nicely ready for the bike

most swim to bike transitions are quite dull affairs with the object of getting it out of the way as quickly as possible. this one just had a party atmosphere feel about it
121 to 140 of 891 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.