Ironman Wales 2013

Conquering the dragon beast ...

61 to 80 of 822 messages
25/09/2012 at 11:50

Just completed my entry.

Scared now!

25/09/2012 at 12:02

I will join shortly ... after I sorted out some payments lol ... Lanza already booked.

25/09/2012 at 12:05

Whats the headcount then right now? List please?

26/09/2012 at 12:21

Hey all.... planning on IM Wales 2013 being my first IM.... need a couple of months to save up for the entry fee as i just bought a new bike! Does any one know roughly how long it takes to sell out?

cheers!

The Silent Assassin    pirate
26/09/2012 at 13:28

AliThe Nut it hasn't sold out in the previous 2 year but it may do next year, but not for quite a while

26/09/2012 at 14:35

Hi AliTthNut if you go through one of the charities it is a easy way of getting in to ironman wales.

26/09/2012 at 15:58

Thought you folks might like this, from "Triathlete Europe" magazine;

"It is true to say that IRONMAN Wales provides a demanding level of difficulty across all three disciplines that cannot be found anywhere else. You don’t just have to be physically fit to take on the Welsh landscape, you have to be extremely hardy, perhaps also slightly mad and have a healthy side serving of stubborn. You would think only seasoned triathletes would take on such a challenge".

Enjoy

26/09/2012 at 16:00

Awesome, thank you.... I was just hoping to pay my £400 and have my own place... I ran my first marathon on a charity place and raising the commitment was no good on the cortisol affect on my training!

MTri    pirate
26/09/2012 at 16:49
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

"It is true to say that IRONMAN Wales provides a demanding level of difficulty across all three disciplines that cannot be found anywhere else. You don’t just have to be physically fit to take on the Welsh landscape, you have to be extremely hardy, perhaps also slightly mad and have a healthy side serving of stubborn. You would think only seasoned triathletes would take on such a challenge".

Enjoy

Bugger, I'd almost decided to do Bolton again in lieu of Tenby again, but reading that makes we want to return to Tenby.  The harder the better for me.

AndyB99    pirate
26/09/2012 at 18:23

oh crap  

The Silent Assassin    pirate
27/09/2012 at 14:53
M..TRIumphant wrote (see)
The harder the better for me.

AndyB99 wrote (see)

oh crap  

The opening line at the race briefing was

"Good afternoon Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to Ironman Wales, the toughest Ironman in the world"

28/09/2012 at 12:58
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)
The harder the better for me.

AndyB99 wrote (see)

oh crap  

The opening line at the race briefing was

"Good afternoon Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to Ironman Wales, the toughest Ironman in the world"

It definitely was ... it chilled my spine then and while the Bike looked not as bad as I thought (apart from between Narberth and Tenby), I have a beautiful DNF to my name.

I personally think that it is the weather conditions that make it that extra hard. Tough bike and run and it is a bit chillier than you expect which can top that extra edge you think you might have.

I am so looking forward to next year ... I just dont do quitting

28/09/2012 at 15:10

Hope to be there next year, the atmosphere when supporting there this year was great, just need to sort out finances after just paying for Outlaw

AndyB99    pirate
28/09/2012 at 15:57

what happened Hokori???

28/09/2012 at 16:44

Hokori's from warmer climes, Andy. He'll be back to answer for himself, I'm sure, but it got proper cold, wet and blustery on the bike and I think he basically froze over.

29/09/2012 at 10:31
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

Enjoy

Bugger, I'd almost decided to do Bolton again in lieu of Tenby again, but reading that makes we want to return to Tenby.  The harder the better for me.

Bugger, I'd almost decided to do Tenby in lieu of Bolton, but reading that makes me think Bolton again.  OH NO, I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!

Iron Pingu    pirate
29/09/2012 at 13:51

Do Wales!!  When you get that medal it's one to be really proud of

seren nos    pirate
29/09/2012 at 14:32

wales will feel like a proper european Ironman

29/09/2012 at 15:20

For anyone interested, Activity Wales have anounced that they will be running a half Ironman next year 6 weeks before IM Wales to provide a nice warm up for IM Wales. The half will be in Fishguard.

Blisters    pirate
30/09/2012 at 20:56

FISHGUARD!

Even the sea is on a slope there!

I visit there twice a year as part of my work, and go for a run on the coastal path. My marathon pb is 2:58, so I go for a 3 hour run. I manage to cover 13 miles. If you've ever done Beachy Head marathon, well that's piss easy by comparison. Mind you, the scenery is to die for. One false step and you fall 300 feet onto rocks.

61 to 80 of 822 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.