Is it all about the numbers ? TRAINING PERCENTAGES

How do you split your training ? I read a thread that stated you can do an ironman on very little biking or swimming.

41 to 43 of 43 messages
IronCat5    pirate
16/08/2012 at 09:17

Nowt wrong with S/B/R only! I failed to mention hamstring stretches and shoulder mobilisation stretches, but these take up minimum time.

I've thrown some numbers together - if I'd swum for 3 hours per week for the last 10 weeks rather than 2, my percentages would not have differed too much (+3% on swim, -1% on bike and -2% on run). I guess my numbers were slightly skewed anyhow as I didn't swim in Feb/Mar due to a shoulder injury.

citizen 146    pirate
16/08/2012 at 10:52

absolutely, I just seem to have injuries myself that require time off from the pool or bike and a bit o r& r in the gym! Plus I like the gym, and am currently taking part in a ''ab challenge'' ( it was me that suggested it) to see if a group of us can get anything more than the one pack I currently have!   The problem here is one of diet I think and not  a lack of muscle in there somwhere...

16/08/2012 at 21:40
citizen 146 wrote (s

F.oggy, your numbers are bang on for most people on this forum , maybe a bit high on the swim, do you seriously do no other training or are these numbers just for the 3 disciplines? 

I do a couple of strength/core sessions a week in addition to my swim/bike/run.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.