Is this a mad way to start?

281 to 300 of 56,022 messages
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 08:03
No, PSC - the lying awake for 2 hours at 3am thinking of nothing else, is conviction enough that I'm doing it......
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 08:05
I've even ordered my charm - and I never do that without committment....
Nam
18/09/2007 at 08:21

You're ordered charm??  Where can you order charm??  I'd like to be charming??

DoT: d. I see Nam's name on the start list too...

What so you'd do it if I did it???  You fool!! HAHAHA...  Swimming for 2 hours???  *laughs hysterically*

IronM.in    pirate
18/09/2007 at 08:24

Somewhere on the early pages of the Warwick Sprint Tri, I'm sure there's a post from KK saying something like "never"... 

IronM.in    pirate
18/09/2007 at 08:24

Thread. Warwick Sprint Tri Thread I meant. Oh dear - tis gonna be a loooooong day!

kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 08:25

Your not filling me with confidence Nam!

I see Pearcy made a rare appearance last night!

kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 08:26
I won't deny that Min and 4 days ago I would have said never! Maybe I've been taken over by aliens, maybe the pirates are just anal probes?
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 08:28
Well, this morning a silicone swim cap and an aqua sphere mask arrived.......
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 09:02

Pool Swim 

MONDAY 7.00pm to 8.00 pm
THURSDAY 8.00pm to 9.00pm

Devon & Cornwall Police H.Q
Middlemoor Pool,
Exeter.
Small session fee charged

Exeter Triathlon Club train by invitation of The Police Swim Club at Middlemoor Police Head Quarters.

The pool is easy to find. You go through the gate, where you need a car pass. If its your 1st time tell the security guard you are swiiming with the Tri club. You can get a form to apply for a pass from Karen the coach.

Inside you drive along the main road, turn first right and follow the road round, the car park will be in front of you. There are some works going on at the moment and the way in to the pool is sign posted. As you get into the training centre building you turn left. The changing rooms are on your right, the men use the second door with the male figure on it, there is only one door for the women.

Don't leave your valuables in the changing rooms. There have been thefts in the past. You can take you kit bag poolside where there is a small room where we leave our things.

Contact
[i]Karen[/i] for further details

Explanation of terms so you know what you're in for!!!

AEROBIC - steady swimming - mostly front crawl

AEROBIC IMPROVEMENT - shortish efforts (100's-200's) with short rest - 10 secs

PULL/KICK - self explanatory I think!!!

TECHNIQUE - a few drills but mostly 'thinking while swimming'

VO2 MAX - well...long efforts (4mins plus) swum very hard with lots of rest - this is the one that will make the difference if you've put the effort in over the winter - a teeth gritting session - not to be missed!

INDIVIDUAL MEDLEY - work on all strokes

ANAEROBIC THRESHOLD - another tough session - 100's - 200's with 30 secs rest - swum at about 80% effort

DISTANCE LANE - for all those who want to swim long intervals

Sea Swims (May - Sept)

Sea swims of various distances starting from the Car Park, Teignmouth 7.00 p.m. on Monday Evenings. Rescue cover is provided by the Teignmouth Lifeguards who accompany the swimmers on rescue boards. The length of the swim and whether or not we go in is decided on the evening once we see what the sea conditions are like. We usually divide into two groups, one swimming upwards of 2000 metres, while a slower group swims between half that distance and 1500 metres.The swim session is usually ended with a short run and trip to the pub.

Small session fee charged

kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 09:04

I'm crapping myself now... do I make contact?

I can only do slow breaststroke, this is way above my league surely.

How should I start thinking about swimming, should I rehabilitate my ankle myself just by getting swimming, breast stroke accepted or should I email these guys and find out what they can do for me?

I feel out of my depth - obviously hee hee.

kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 09:18

Right, I bit the bullet and emailed this, let's face it I need all the help I can get and I'm going to look a right t*t along the way at some point. I musn't let myself get intimidated by comparing my cr*ppy swimming to the local tri gods...

Hello Karen, I’ve just been looking at the Exeter Tri Club website…. My situation is that I have never done a triathlon before but I have now entered Ironman Nice in June 2008. This sounds like absolute lunacy but bear with me…. I am a competent runner, I have been running for 22 years, I have a background in sport both personally and professionally. The cycling, well, first thing is to buy a bike! Swimming – this is my big weakness. I can only swim breast stroke…. Slowly….. I need some serious help…the only good thing is that I can keep going for a long time at snails pace. To be honest, as far as the swimming leg of the Ironman is concerned, I just want to get through it before the cut off time. I am interested in your sessions at Middlemoor and am already a member of the gym there so access is easy for me. I suppose my question is, are the tri swim sessions you provide far too advanced for me? Do you do, or would you consider doing some private 1 to 1 lessons for me? I need huge help! Thank you so much for you time in this matter, I realise what I’m doing re the Ironman is fairly barmy! I would be grateful for any help and advice. Thanks, Kate Philp Oh, one last thing, I’m in plaster with a fractured ankle at the moment, but hope to be out of plaster in a couple of weeks and with the help of physio, swimming quite soon afterwards. The cycle and running training will have to wait for a while!
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 09:19
I did write in paragraphs, honest!!
18/09/2007 at 09:20

Reply:

Dear Kate, you are a nutter. Karen

kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 09:31
LOL - probably.......
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
18/09/2007 at 09:49
lol please let us see her reply, she probably will think your mental, I love the way you leave the leg in plaster bit till the end.. as if it wasnt hard enough already.

YOU CAN DO IT
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 09:56

I've just decided to grin and bear the embarrasment I will go through!

Barly, where do I find detaild of the Bala middle distance tri, is it open to entries yet? I've been scanning the forum with no luck.....

18/09/2007 at 10:01
kk - go here and then click on race info
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 10:01
Thanks Bear
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 10:05
They've only got 2007 info up as far as I can see.....
kittenkat    pirate
18/09/2007 at 12:11

http://rsrc7.bubbleshare.com/media/00/81/18/4e/682972123bf1ec8aadb02b4bbc51fdef7c092a71/580x435/fridge_580x435.jpg

281 to 300 of 56,022 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.