Is this a mad way to start?

55,221 to 55,240 of 55,994 messages
kittenkat    pirate
25/11/2012 at 09:44

Ok, water subsided but the ford across the stream in the field with the lake is now the deepest part, and there is mud everywhere.

Ok, need to run!

kittenkat    pirate
25/11/2012 at 16:53
Edited: 25/11/2012 at 17:52
kittenkat    pirate
25/11/2012 at 18:43

It's raining heavily again, as you can see from the national news Exeter is suffering

IronCat5    pirate
25/11/2012 at 19:49

I've heard it's bad. Today's XC would have been easier in a wetsuit. Deeeeep puddles.

25/11/2012 at 19:50

Just looked at the pic and first reaction was f*ucking hell.

Just seen Exeter on the news and it looks pretty bad down by the Water front.

kittenkat    pirate
25/11/2012 at 19:59

Yeah, we've been deluged but everyone pulls together and gets on with it. Ella is upset because her best friend lives in one of the houses flooded out; but we had the mum/daughter chat about severity of stuff and ultimately possessions mean crap. Anything respiring trumps cars and flat screen tv's etc.

However some adults think the opposite, luckily not the ones round here.

25/11/2012 at 20:46

"Anything respiring trumps cars and flat screen tv's etc."

How very true.

kittenkat    pirate
26/11/2012 at 06:44

And it's still raining down here

PSC    pirate
26/11/2012 at 06:49
Stay safe KK. It looks pretty crap down your way.
kittenkat    pirate
26/11/2012 at 06:56

Thanks PSC, I want it to stop now!

PSC    pirate
26/11/2012 at 07:05
Yeah, I bet you do. It's not much fun is it.....
kittenkat    pirate
26/11/2012 at 07:27

I've had better weekends for sure.

Hopefully now the worst is over.

kittenkat    pirate
26/11/2012 at 19:31

Well, all the stories from the village are coming in, all our friends and now I guess their houses will be uninsurable against flooding. Lots of people lost their cars too.

In other news, two people commented on my eyes and how sore they look today. Basically I have a condition with my eyes that I think I've mentioned before, they don't make enough moisture or they make too much.

I'm on a cycle of not enough at the moment, and unless I use liquid tears and lachri lube constantly, I get into trouble. Both of those have to be kept in the fridge, so not an easy thing to do at work and I've been too busy to do it today.

So tonight they feel like they've been bleached, stinging like crap.

kittenkat    pirate
26/11/2012 at 20:32

Yodabunny owner returns with a very eclectic bundle of presents for us... That's Amsterdam for you!

I kept the bunny alive, is there no end to my talents?

(Rhetorical question)

Edited: 26/11/2012 at 21:01
kittenkat    pirate
27/11/2012 at 20:47

So tired... but as soon as I walk out of our completely air conditioned building and hit the fresh air, I revive.

I need to run and had a fast 8 hilly miles with Cole in the dark after work. I'm supposed to have a 10k on Sat. I really don't know if I'll run it or not, my intrinsic love of running is completely satiated by running with Cole in the middle of the beautiful Devon countryside at any time we choose, for any distance we choose. I never follow a schedule or training plan.

I don't like races or racing, however if I can win then I like that, (look at the shallowness of a bit of bling and recognition). I must also say that I do like the social side of races, but not the actual race thing.

Edited: 27/11/2012 at 20:48
kittenkat    pirate
27/11/2012 at 20:56

Also, and I've said this before... for me any traditional recognition of 'achievement' is very fleeting (and this is well recognised in sports psychology as the blues after a big event, I just take it a bit further in my own psychological make up).

So if I've done an IM or double IM; that's fine and good but is that really important and also could I do it tomorrow? Maybe I'm harsh on myself or have lost perspective but, it's what you can do now that should shape your psyche and keep you keen, than what you did and is now a ghost?

Pass. But I'm wittering on as an above average average Joe; can you imagine the psychological conversations elite athletes must have with themselves about this stuff?

Edited: 27/11/2012 at 20:57
kittenkat    pirate
27/11/2012 at 21:09

Also, that transpires equally to my best 10k, half time etc...

I've always made a big point of sticking up for the short fast stuff. It hurts as much as long distance if you turn yourself inside out. I've never subscribed to the long distance snobbery that seems to permeate here.

But, it's all good and after, what, 4 years of this thread... I'm probably very inconsistant dependent on mood.

IronCat5    pirate
27/11/2012 at 21:55
kittenkat wrote (see)

I've always made a big point of sticking up for the short fast stuff. It hurts as much as long distance if you turn yourself inside out. I've never subscribed to the long distance snobbery that seems to permeate here.

Really? You've never mentioned...

Thinking this through, is this viewpoint because you *can* turn yourself inside out easily whilst racing shorter distances, whereas one blows up at longer distances with the same strategy?

Is it a (LD) fatigue vs (SD) fcuked?

kittenkat    pirate
28/11/2012 at 06:54
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

Really? You've never mentioned...

Thinking this through, is this viewpoint because you *can* turn yourself inside out easily whilst racing shorter distances, whereas one blows up at longer distances with the same strategy?

Is it a (LD) fatigue vs (SD) fcuked?

Yeah, I'm a bit stuck on that record. I guess I have things in my head until I feel I've resolved whatever dilemma or puzzle is keeping them there. My filing system aint great.

Um, to you question, it's too early in the morning, I shall think about it when my brain wakes up though. Tea to saturate the cells.

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 06:55
kittenkat    pirate
28/11/2012 at 06:56

And I'll add, that puzzle might not be anything to do with what I'm harping on about, I just don't know that.

Oh and you can never have too many chocolate advent calendars in the house. Fact.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.