Is this a mad way to start?

55,241 to 55,260 of 56,022 messages
kittenkat    pirate
28/11/2012 at 18:46

So, in the girls school christmas play (E has lead role), Harry Hill and Jess Ennis feature (yeah, it just got updated by gazillions of years, deal with it).

J's friend O is playing Harry Hill, he just happens to be Harry Hill's nephew. Harry's brother lives on the neighbouring farm to ours.

Shameless plug for a mate.

Edited: 28/11/2012 at 18:47
kittenkat    pirate
28/11/2012 at 18:50

Namedropping over. I guess someone will report me *rolls eyes, removes them, juggles and bows low*

I'm supposed to have a 10k race on Sat, I don't know if I can be arsed.

kittenkat    pirate
28/11/2012 at 19:09

Actually I can't be arsed, we've just decided to turn Saturday over to seeing D's sister and hubby in their new home. They moved today from Cornwall to 20 mins down the road.

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 19:42

Well hey ho... There might be something in 'Run Less Run Faster'. I've been only able to run about 3 times a week due to stuff and stuff and stuffed stuff; but I did 11 miles with Cole tonight and felt so strong.

It was a cathartic run too, I find that if I just take myself out with him and run off everything that has pissed me off since the last run; we come back with halo's intact.

I've decided that 3.10 is a realistic aim for Londinium mara next year.

Edited: 29/11/2012 at 19:44
kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 19:48

Yes, I DO have a halo, bought it online from some dodgy site though and it sparks on and off like the proverbial red light bulb. But it's there right, and that's all that counts?

You can buy drugs off prescription so don't judge me too harshly.

Iron Muffin    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:08

3.10 is an awesome aim. Good luck.

I was thinking of your hate of turbos earlier and trying to understand why I am a fan. My only conclusion was time efficency and head space.

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:14
Iron Muffin wrote (see)

3.10 is an awesome aim. Good luck.

I was thinking of your hate of turbos earlier and trying to understand why I am a fan. My only conclusion was time efficency and head space.

I'm probably in a minority and am jealous of anyone who actually can enjoy it because it's comfort cycling, no bad weather, complete control of your training and you can watch a movie... I even ate a roast dinner on one.

However I think because I don't have an intrinsic love of cycling (it's good, don't get me wrong, put I'm not passionate about it like I am running), that I need more to keep me alert/interested. That 'more' is pitting my wits against the weather and topography.

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:15

And I only mean comfort in surroundings, not physical effort btw. Everything hurts if you push it.

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:16

'but' not 'put'.

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:19

Muffin, what do you mean about 'head space'? That you can just turn your legs over and not have to worry; so your brain starts evaluating the other stuff in your day to day life... Like I do with running.

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:30

Actually that was a lie to make myself less spiky and more lovable. I'm not jealous, I just don't like them and won't waste any time on them, ditto dreadmills.

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:39

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:40

Never forget the...

kittenkat    pirate
29/11/2012 at 20:40

IronCat5    pirate
29/11/2012 at 21:20

I find running therapeutic, unless it's intervals. I don't find turboing therapeutic in the least, but I know it builds me mentally as well as physically.

kittenkat    pirate
30/11/2012 at 06:23

I've always thought, and still do, that sports psychology is overlooked and underrated amoung us, the peasants.

Turboing did nothing for me because I didn't let it I suppose. But I managed fine without it, proof that you actually don't 'need' one.

But I'll add a disclaimer here, I might need it if I was hell bent on getting the best time possible for me, dunno... *shrug*.

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!

Cooking for us and a friend tonight, a few beers *might* be involved. It is my birthday weekend after all!

kittenkat    pirate
30/11/2012 at 16:38

Ok, I've had a very productive bouncy day! I'm feeling really positive about my job and enjoying it at the moment.

I've also just arranged for us to meet up with my oldest bestus mate to take all the kids ice skating in Plymuff on Sunday.

Ultra AJH    pirate
30/11/2012 at 19:28
Enjoy your birthday weekend KK, it's mine next weekend and then Christmas can start !!!!
kittenkat    pirate
01/12/2012 at 10:05

Thanks mate, I fully intend to

kittenkat    pirate
02/12/2012 at 17:50

And I fully did! Today has been busy, i managed to get 11 miles in with Cole this morning and then the ice skating was good. The kids really love it, I'm wondering whether to make it the official kk family sport. We've decided that now the kids are old enough to pick themselves up and give stuff a go, that we want a sport we can all enjoy and do regularly.

So far on the list:

Kayaking
Rock climbing
Ice skating

I still want them all to try orienteering, but that might not work as there are things D would rather do than run.

And I'd be good at the running and crap at the navigation (even though I am a qualified orienteering instructor)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.