Is this a mad way to start?

55,261 to 55,280 of 56,022 messages
kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 20:25

10 hours in work today, wasn't supposed to be so but stuff happens.

I got chatting to one of our mature students today, she used to be head of IT in a company but got made redundant and is thoroughly enjoying being a student again. She is studying beauty therapy combined with accountancy exams (somehow).

I always like a complete curve ball, she was lovely.

IronCat5    pirate
03/12/2012 at 20:29

Very random!

kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 20:32

Not as random as my daughter's last minute bedtime request to take all our food colouring into school tomorrow.

kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 20:42

It's part of an 'Enterprise Project', but in adult terms clever bribery and manipulation by the PTA. I like their style already, times are a changing!

kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 20:45

They've promised year 6 an amount of money to make so many cakes/cookies; however they have told them that the more stuff they can get from home for such sweet things, the more profit they will make for the school.

Sir Alan, your last name is an inspiration apparently.

There is no such thing as a free fairy cake!

IronCat5    pirate
03/12/2012 at 20:58

Nice.

MrsCat refused today to teach the students that had forgotten their ingredients. Year 11s, and not the first time instance either. People are too soft today, nice to see some backbone at school.

She was reading my old school reports. One Housemaster report said "Irritating!".

kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 21:29

I've kept one of mine..

"Kate is obviously a very intelligent pupil and this report, containing some disturbing subject comments is, therefore, very worrying"

Edited: 03/12/2012 at 21:29
kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 21:32

"Hopefully this is only a phase in Kate's development and she will adjust her attitude to school and make sufficient progress to achieve her full potential"

was the follow up.

kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 21:43

But ironically it ended up with the deputy head who was in charge of my behaviour plan, saying to me in her office when I was in the sixth form; not to stop questioning life and to always be me. She inferred that it wouldn't always be easy and I wouldn't always be right, but not to change the fundamental energy (I guess)  behind the enquiring mind and a different, but as valid assimilation of 'stuff'.

When things get a bit tough or I get pissed off or confused by human behaviour, I go back to that conversation. It happened when I was 17 and she's probably dead now, but it has always stayed with me over the years.

kittenkat    pirate
03/12/2012 at 22:19

42 tomorrow! I've outlived my father by 10 years.

kittenkat    pirate
04/12/2012 at 06:20

OMG I'M OLDER!!! (Just like every other day)

05/12/2012 at 22:24
kittenkat wrote (see)

?

06/12/2012 at 13:39
kittenkat wrote (see)

Happy belated birthday kk, was away so missed the big event, although it does appear to have been pretty quiet in here whilst I was away

Hope you had a good one.

kittenkat    pirate
06/12/2012 at 17:14
Canute wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

?

Yeah I did come back and see that it's not correct, but I couldn't be arsed to explain then. I meant that I'm 10 years older now than he was when he died.

I've always been shit at maths

kittenkat    pirate
06/12/2012 at 17:19
Gazmanmeister wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

Happy belated birthday kk, was away so missed the big event, although it does appear to have been pretty quiet in here whilst I was away

Hope you had a good one.

Thanks Gaz! How are you?

My birthday itself was just work then the kids baked cakes and apparently as they did that someone simultaneously vandalised the kitchen. One of my best mates came round for a drink as D was working.

He's taking me out tomorrow evening but the poor guy is like a zombie after what happened on the M5 yesterday. He got in at 2am this morning.

However he's alive and well... There are 2 families out there who will be in pieces today.

Edited: 06/12/2012 at 17:19
kittenkat    pirate
06/12/2012 at 17:28

Also our chocolate Advent calendar count has gone up to 5... The kids seem slightly more 'alert' in the mornings.

kittenkat    pirate
06/12/2012 at 17:53

I have got so many compliments about the new dress I bought for work, that I'm going to wear it until it's dissolved by bacteria from sweat stagnation and possibly mould.

kittenkat    pirate
06/12/2012 at 17:54

See how they like it then, superficial bastards.

kittenkat    pirate
06/12/2012 at 17:55

If it turns anyone on, I'm quitting.

08/12/2012 at 11:59
kittenkat wrote (see)
Gazmanmeister wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

Hope you had a good one.

Thanks Gaz! How are you?

My birthday itself was just work then the kids baked cakes and apparently as they did that someone simultaneously vandalised the kitchen. One of my best mates came round for a drink as D was working.

He's taking me out tomorrow evening but the poor guy is like a zombie after what happened on the M5 yesterday. He got in at 2am this morning.

However he's alive and well... There are 2 families out there who will be in pieces today.

Must have missed the M5 thing, have been a bit of a zombie myself since getting back from holiday and the cold weather shock.

Hope the meal went well

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.