Is this a mad way to start?

55,321 to 55,340 of 55,994 messages
Ultra AJH    pirate
29/12/2012 at 11:33
You had a good time then

We had a fab time at my sisters. E who is 9 still believes and I had great fun writing her a note from Santa on Xmas eve whilst pissed we made a reindeer footprint using coal and I was dead proud of it.

Parkrun on Xmas morning was lovely and I got a fluffy unicorn. Happy me
kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2012 at 13:40

Does it poop rainbows? The unicorn, not the child!

Glad you had a good time. It will soon be all back to normal. Just ran 9.5 with Cole and passed a van which I thought said 'Shape your life with alpacas' I spent the next bit of my run wondering why anyone would want to be alpaca shaped.

I worked out it actually said, 'Share your life with alpacas'. An equally unappealing sentiment really.

Today D is fiddling with man stuff (the cars, not his junk).

Kids are playing on the farm or the computers in equal measure and I'm cleaning kitchen cupboards and watching more childish but entertaining films.

I have discovered that I can read my kindle in the bath. Yes I know it's an accident waiting to happen but I've always read in the bath.

Ultra AJH    pirate
29/12/2012 at 17:06
You can actually buy covers for the bath. I think they are called, um, plastic bags
kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2012 at 17:12

Ooh... I is Googling, just because I can't see through your average Sainsbury's bag!

But yeah it's called selling dead cheap stuff at a hugely inflated price for the dickheads on the bandwagon.

Did I just mention I'm Googling it?

kittenkat    pirate
29/12/2012 at 17:14

One click orders with Amazon are so easy and alluring aren't they? Just like sniffing Tippex when you were 12.

Ultra AJH    pirate
29/12/2012 at 17:42
They are fatal. I sometimes don't even realise I've ordered something. ( that's what I tell him) ;-D
kittenkat    pirate
30/12/2012 at 07:32

I can't find any parental controls on E's Kindle (the basic one) which means that she could order a shit load of stuff on my account. She wouldn't though.

Bonus is I get to read all the Dr Who books!

I'm devouring books now I'm off work for a small stretch and actually have time to read. Just going back to bed with a cup of tea and 'Safe House'.

That was all quite inarticulate, I'm half asleep still.

Ultra AJH    pirate
30/12/2012 at 08:23
I go through stages like that. Devouring books.

I'm currently quite grumpy. I did xc yesterday which I enjoy doing for my club but hate if its so muddy that you can't actually run.

It was like running through stew. I threw myself in a ditch and twisted my weaker knee, and this morning can barely move having been kept awak by it all night. Was supposed to run 18 today, but I think I'm gonna have to swim.

However I do appreciate things could be worse so ill shut up now
kittenkat    pirate
30/12/2012 at 09:13

It's ok to be grumpy. I'm not a fan of off road racing, I hate not being able to just run without having to look at your footing, slow yourself down because of the terrain etc. I know a lot of people prefer it but it's just horses for courses.

I do do some off road races, but mainly I avoid them.

However I'm not a fan of flat races either. Hills and tarmac are the best combination for me.

I'm reading my book so fast now I'm skipping bits.

Hope the knee gets better quick. You could swim outside my front door at the moment. No literally you could, in the farmer's pond.

kittenkat    pirate
30/12/2012 at 16:19

The dog just pissed in the pub. Fuckwit!

He's completely house trained but he's from a long line of farm dogs, they're not pets, they're working dogs. There's a difference.

And we know this, he only let's himself down (as all farm dogs will) when there's a pissing contest to be had. Sound familiar guys?

The local pub has all the dogs through its doors, it would get no trade if it didn't. ~He just smelt the fact that there was a territory contest (or a visitor's book if you will), and he left a comment. I did offer to clean it up of course, but all very good humoured and a reminder that a dog is a dog. Not a baby or a quasi human, a friend but a dog.

Which is why I run him so much, he's a collie and he needs a job. Running with me is his job.

kittenkat    pirate
30/12/2012 at 16:20

I would like to now say that my children were very well behaved and didn't piss on the floor, D neither.

I considered it...

kittenkat    pirate
30/12/2012 at 16:23

lets

kittenkat    pirate
30/12/2012 at 17:09

We've sorted out our plans for tomorrow evening. Normally D is working, or potentially working, and then getting a babysitter and taxi to drive us out of the middle of nowhere and slightly into somewhere... is not cheap plus if the babysitter drives, we have a further problem on our hands.

And so we have rejected all party invites and have collected the waifs and strays from our barns. I'll cook stuff, they'll drink stuff; we'll all watch stuff on the tv and the world won't end or begin.

We'll just be pleasantly pissed somewhere in the middle of all of it, as will millions of other irrelevant people.

Edited: 30/12/2012 at 17:10
kittenkat    pirate
31/12/2012 at 14:30

Well, last day of 2012. It's not been an easy year in the kk household, but our blessings far outweigh any of the other stuff.

And I'm sitting here with a dress with owls on it.

And also looking forward to NYE in my own home. I've had some very memorable NYE over the years. I've been kermit the frog, slept with a bikini designer, bush jumped in Australia, fallen into things, fallen onto things, fallen out of things, moved house...

I must be getting old because the thought of going out to a crowded pub turns me cold.

kittenkat    pirate
31/12/2012 at 14:31

The bush jumping sounds exotic, it wasn't. I was just in someone's back garden jumping over a huge bush they have. It was hilarious at the time.

Little things please...

IronCat5    pirate
31/12/2012 at 14:34
kittenkat wrote (see)

I've always said you're a hoot. I like a wide-eyed bird.

kittenkat    pirate
31/12/2012 at 14:52
IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

I've always said you're a hoot. I like a wide-eyed bird.

Have you seen the size of my cock?

I cut the above post short, my neighbour just came in to tell me in graphic detail that she'd found a pregnant hare ripped to shreds in her parking space, the babies were formed. Cat or fox me thinks

kittenkat    pirate
31/12/2012 at 15:05

No, I've come to the conclusion they're hare babies.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
31/12/2012 at 15:06
I like to jump into a large bush once in a while
kittenkat    pirate
31/12/2012 at 15:08
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
I like to jump into a large bush once in a while

That's a bit of a rude way to describe her!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.