Is this a mad way to start?

55,341 to 55,360 of 55,997 messages
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
31/12/2012 at 15:17
It's ok I divorced her
kittenkat    pirate
31/12/2012 at 16:06

Right I've just sent out one of my mini me's to find out what time my neighbours are showing up. It's between 5 and 6, so I'm betting we might not see midnight.

Also I'm in my element in providing the food. I actually love cooking when I have the time, space and money to do it. I never follow recipes, just make it up.

kittenkat    pirate
31/12/2012 at 16:07

And I think mulled wine is on the cards.

kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 12:37

10 miles done, beautiful weather out there!

We were running along one of the forest trails and suddenly this rather heavy set fake tanned man came running towards us, he was naked apart from running shoes, multicoloured pants, yes pants, and fluro gloves.

It was such a sight that I kind of opened my mouth before having any idea what would tumble out. 'That's certainly a New years resolution!' WTF did I say that for?! Under very laboured breathing he replied "Yes it is".

I salute you multi-coloured pants running guy. He probably saw an overdressed woman running towards him wearing sushi on her head. (I've mentioned my sushi running hat before).

I'm glad he had the sense to keep his hands warm.

Oh, happy new year btw. I am going to cook: stuffed pork joint, red cabbage in balsamic vinegar, peppered and buttered leeks, mushy peas, apple and cider sauce, and gravy.

Followed by an orange and cranberry pudding.

Get me!

kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 13:34

Uh oh, underestimated the size of the joint. I'm going to have to stuff the roasties up its arse.

Presentation is everything.

kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 14:39

Ice cold Prosecco, don't mind if I do! I've already thrown semolina round the kitchen when I was tossing the spuds (only on the weekends, in a leather catsuit)

01/01/2013 at 14:42
Photos please
01/01/2013 at 14:42
Of the prosecco
kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 15:17

It's a very shapely bottle.

01/01/2013 at 15:34
Brown or green glass ?
kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 15:38

http://www.genuss7.de/media/Sacchetto-Prosecco-Spumante-Brut.jpg

kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 15:38

Green actually.

01/01/2013 at 15:57

Damn, That is one sexy bottle

kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 16:07

Told you! Bloody nice too. I'm perusing all the online running stores looking for the cheapest price on Ghost 4, 5 &6.

Rotating 2 pairs of running shoes isn't enough in this weather.

kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 16:58

I'm reading 'Why be happy when you could be normal?' by Jeanette Winterson (wrote 'Oranges are not the only fruit' in her early 20's for those that don't recognise her name).

I'm only a little bit in but I like her take on 'storytelling' and why she writes.

I've also gone from running stores to Fat Face and wondering why Cotswold Outdoor has FF stuff on sale that the FF website doesn't. Also would like to give Likeys a mention if you don't know it.

01/01/2013 at 17:07
Cos Cotswold stocks FF stuff, in Keswick they are almost opposite it each other !
kittenkat    pirate
01/01/2013 at 17:16

FF is (trying to be) a bit pretentious for me generally, but there are some things that catch my eye.

I'm well into Joe Browns at the moment, not the best quality but eclectic.

kittenkat    pirate
02/01/2013 at 10:44

Got my run in before they start the pheasant shoot. Wussbag will be hiding under the table shaking when the gunshot starts.

Went out with one collie ended up with two, one of the neighbouring farm dogs ran the last half mile with us. She knows her way back.

kittenkat    pirate
02/01/2013 at 16:02

Just as I settled down to look at the risk assessments for the aquathlons, tears and arguments ensued, oh how I'm looking forward to the teenage years.

Anyway I checked the online and paper entries, numbers for the series are looking healthy already. If anyone from in here in the SW area wants to play, let me know.

Back to work tomorrow...

kittenkat    pirate
02/01/2013 at 20:18

Ok, a bit of a waxing lyrical post for the new year.

This is based on the questions I get asked most often by phone and email for the club.

If you are new to tri:

1. Don't assume everyone else at your chosen event knows what to wear and what they are doing, it's just your perception based on your own nerves. There are LOTS of people in the same boat.
  2. Don't apologise for any questions, or precursor them with 'This is a stupid question...' No-one, however experienced in tri thinks it's stupid, ergo we all asked it at some point because we needed to know the answer. And we asked the same questions.
  3. There is some great advice and experience online about tri, but there also isn't.
  4. Don't get sucked into paying a shit load of money for gear you don't need or won't help you as an individual. E.g If you go to a crap bike store, they won't have a clue, but will convince you in a sale because you haven't got a clue either... I didn't have a clue when I bought my bike, but I got lucky and they insisted on 2 fittings. It took time and commitment from them and it was an ex-demo bike, I wasn't spending big bucks. Reputation is everything, especially in these times when money for 'hobbies' is the first to be cut from the family budget.
  5. Eat real food and drink normal drinks, it saves money and avoids bandwagon jumping.
  6. Enjoy!
Edited: 02/01/2013 at 20:19
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.