Is this a mad way to start?

55,381 to 55,400 of 56,022 messages
kittenkat    pirate
07/01/2013 at 20:33

Ok, yeah... Alarm set for 6am.

kittenkat    pirate
07/01/2013 at 20:35

OR, I might having been drinking flowery tea all evening...

07/01/2013 at 20:47
Alcohol consumption ? I'm told doctors always double what ever a patient says they drink...... I've often wondered what they do if the patient is another doctor ? Quadruple it ?
kittenkat    pirate
08/01/2013 at 05:43

I read an article about alcoholism among doctors, they are as human as everyone else.

My face hurts.

That didn't tell you much about the article did it.

I think it was along the lines of them going to alcohol treatment centres abroad to detox, to avoid the erm, what... 'shame'? of admitting they had a problem.

kittenkat    pirate
08/01/2013 at 20:33

Home at last, I *think* the antibiotics are starting to work.

Tri Club AGM this evening, I slipped off early because I had the kids with me. We appealed for help in running the aquathlons: Full time work, D's shifts and OU, living in the middle of nowhere, governor stuff, other stuff and directing and organising 4 races...

Means no time for sex and chocolate. NO TIME.

kittenkat    pirate
08/01/2013 at 20:44

Oh and to top it off, my 10 yr old chose today to have the mum/daughter chat. That... chat...

Hopefully the chat that will lead to the chat, that leads to the chat, that's the precursor to the chat...

Which if goes wrong means you rush out effing and blinding to a late night chemist to find a piss stick whilst your husband shoots a teenage boy in the testicles.

All in all I think the first chat went very well.

kittenkat    pirate
09/01/2013 at 17:59

I'm feeling smug in a geeky techy smuggy way. Managed to solve a problem that neither helpdesk or the web team could today. Next I overthrow the Queen.

I also managed to piss on eveyone's new years be good resolutions by sharing round a huge jar of Quality Street just as we'd got to chocolate drought status.

THAT is how I shall overthrow the Queen, with Quality Street.

Simples.

Oh I also managed a run after work with the member of the family with most legs, and it's chip van night, so in D's absence I will drive the kids into the village in about 15 mins for fluffy deep fried dead potato stuff... And curry sauce for me.

09/01/2013 at 18:02
Oh chips bean sprouts and gravy was always my favourite

Got a supper assignation with a young lady at a local pub later
kittenkat    pirate
09/01/2013 at 18:08

Bean sprouts from a chip van? Or did you add those?

My absolute favourite is chips and gravy.

09/01/2013 at 18:09
We're posh we don't have chip vans !
kittenkat    pirate
09/01/2013 at 18:42

Our chip van is the best, we're eating them now.

09/01/2013 at 18:50
I'm starving, but not eating til 8
kittenkat    pirate
09/01/2013 at 19:31

Whereas I'm on the After Eights...

(oh jeez, that was bad)

kittenkat    pirate
09/01/2013 at 21:43

What are we going to do when Sir David Attenborough dies? He has such a unique voice.

There is a guy that comes into our office on occasions (don't know him, different department). But if you closed your eyes and just listened, he has a fantastic sexy voice, I mean really.

Just keep your eyes closed.

No, actually I don't judge by appearances... If I was single, the voice just might spark more interest. It's lovely.

kittenkat    pirate
10/01/2013 at 19:48

When you hear this in work, as has become frequent lately (bearing in mind I work in a really successful FE and HE 'place').

"I don't want someone who has got a fucking master's degree, I want someone who can do the job"

I agree x 1000

kittenkat    pirate
10/01/2013 at 19:58

But it's not the fault of the kids who did a degree and then a higher degree, and are now living as cuckoos with their parents in their mid 20's up to 30's...

A degree in itself is fairly worthless now unless it's specific to medicine or teaching etc...

A Masters just means you have no social skills and are unemployable... Generally.

A Levels are the 'peak' test of intelligence, after that it's just tenacity and lack of social life if you highly achieve

There are exceptions of course.

Edited: 10/01/2013 at 20:29
kittenkat    pirate
11/01/2013 at 06:47

Geez, I was on a twatwaffle last night.

Anyway, FRIDAY! But up tomorrow early for a 15 miler with the marathon group. I hate you SWRR people

My first sentence wasn't a euphemism btw.

11/01/2013 at 08:33

My ears feel funny, like they're not regulating pressure properly. Maybe my head will blow up?

Edited: 11/01/2013 at 08:33
kittenkat    pirate
11/01/2013 at 16:43

I was getting bored and figety at 2 today, bouncing on my swiss ball and cycling on my under desk bike, so I left at 3. Highlight of the day was having a social lunch conversation that revolved around The Rocky Horror Show and dog shit. I was trying to educate everyone about dog shit trees.

I came home v M&S and we now have a lovely chinese takeaway to enjoy tonight. As is normal practice, my neighbour is coming over to eat with us.

I'm on a mission to get thing 1's 11+ result, just because:

• they don't want to give it
  • it's weird
kittenkat    pirate
12/01/2013 at 07:49
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.