Is this a mad way to start?

55,501 to 55,520 of 55,994 messages
kittenkat    pirate
27/01/2013 at 12:02

And... swim waves done for the first race! Another weight off mind.

Grease was a fab evening last night.

kittenkat    pirate
28/01/2013 at 20:59

............... burp................fart.............orgasm...........................

kittenkat    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:00

Actually not in that order.

kittenkat    pirate
28/01/2013 at 21:01

Sorry, that was naughty, but what have we got left really?

kittenkat    pirate
29/01/2013 at 06:35

Grumpy gets ready to run. I'm working late so going in late, radical I know!

kittenkat    pirate
29/01/2013 at 09:35

Just over 11 miles run with Cole, lots of gorgeous little baa lambs in the fields. I'm fancying lamb chops now.

kittenkat    pirate
29/01/2013 at 20:29

I seem to have made my daughter's day. The girls came to all the aquathlons last year and were the runners between the pool, finish line and results desk. They also bought and delivered teas and coffees to all the volunteers. J isn't coming on Sunday as she has a party so I said that E could bring her best friend, I've also just said that they can go in the swimming pool after the last wave (we have it booked out a bit longer than the swim waves will take).

I am SO good at enticing child labour!

kittenkat    pirate
30/01/2013 at 13:48

Got a phone call when I got into work to get Thing 1 as she'd been sick. So I am now at home with her using my flexi time to eat her way through the crisp cupboard and drop jelly on the carpet.

Sick my arse.

But at least it's meant that I can get some tri admin done and got in a quick run with the boglet.

Edited: 30/01/2013 at 13:48
kittenkat    pirate
30/01/2013 at 13:51

Oh and my arse if fine too.

kittenkat    pirate
30/01/2013 at 16:21

Right, have persuaded school to take thing 1 back tomorrow.

Also it's actually been useful being home today, if only to answer the aquathlons email which always goes a bit bonkers in the week before a race. I had to hold my hands up a while ago and say that I couldn't organise everything for this race series due to going back to full time work, and the club guys and gals have come through marvellously.

I was having kittens about this a few weeks ago, but now I'm happy.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
30/01/2013 at 16:22
kittenkat wrote (see)

Photos to prove, or it didn;t happen

kittenkat    pirate
30/01/2013 at 16:23

And the kittens went to good homes.

kittenkat    pirate
30/01/2013 at 16:25
Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)
kittenkat wrote (see)

Photos to prove, or it didn;t happen

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYlNciGsuoobzh3J1cxuCf6EI-ebu1vDRoFZFTbxs0YdcSNiJbrQ

kittenkat    pirate
31/01/2013 at 18:43

Well thing 1 went to school today but thing 2 was off, talk about juggling! Luckily I have such good friends in my neighbours who are invaluable and genuinly love the girls.

And I think we're all good to go for the race on Sunday. It's so much harder organising an aquathlon or tri than a run race when it comes to late entries. My philosophy is that I want to let everyone in, and I don't compromise the experience by having more that 2 swimmers to a lane (with room the swim side by side).

But...but...but...

Please get your entries in early.

kittenkat    pirate
01/02/2013 at 07:09

Jeez family, stop being ill, you selfish buggers!

*insert your own smiley face*

kittenkat    pirate
01/02/2013 at 16:31

What a week!

D went into work this morning, J then woke up and still wasn't well enough to go to school. I phoned D, D came back from work, I went to work, I then came back from work after sorting shit out so D could go to work (he had dibs on having the most important stuff on taday). And yes, for those who know what he does, he's doing it right now. Another family's life changed forever.

Cole hasn't been for a walk today but he doesn't know yet that we have an 18 mile run with the club tomorrow morning, that'll make up for it. I must remember his paw wax. One benefit of having to be home with thing 2 today was that I managed to get to thing 1's sharing assembly (she was playing the piano in it). A vet friend of mine was there (son in same class), she told me that every time she drives past me and Cole running in the lanes she thinks she's run him over. Basically in the really tight lanes I've taught him to throw himself in the hedge and play dead (I've mentioned this before). She looks in the rear view mirror and has to remind herself that he does that and she hasn't caught him with her back wheel.

kittenkat    pirate
01/02/2013 at 16:33

I told her that he takes his job very seriously.

kittenkat    pirate
02/02/2013 at 12:38

19 miles run. I started off with the really whizzy guys from the club, but my Garmin was showing 6.52 at one point, I kept with them until the 9 mile point and then Cole and I eased up a bit. I was planning to slow a bit and hope the next group caught me up, but there was absolutely no sign of them so me and Cole ran the last 10 on our ownsome and we only got a little bit lost! Thanks SWRR for getting me out of bed

kittenkat    pirate
02/02/2013 at 16:06

Swim waves, results slips, numbers all sorted. Just printing copies of the master sheet and other stuff. I'm relaxing a bit now I'm getting to the point of everything being done...

Biodegradable luminous road paint acquired, and my daughters have been fab helping with stuff and D is happy as the rugby is on. There will be a Homer Simpson arse groove in our sofa when he finally leaves it. He wouldn't even get up to bring me a cup of tea in the bath. He LOVES watching the rugby, I guess we're a rugby family, I really enjoy it too. The kids have yet to be converted, Ella groans loudly as soon as D mentions it's on the tv. But she's enjoyed the matches we've actually gone to watch.

kittenkat    pirate
03/02/2013 at 16:39

If you organise races, you get to the point where you say to yourself, "Why the f am I doing this!" I think people would be lying if they said they didn't.

And you know what, when you see all the nervous faces at the beginning of the race change to big smiles on crossing the finish line, you know why you do it.

Cheesy I know but actually so true. Oh and my club are fab, I've said it before and I'll say it again and again.

Best bit of today was a little old lady insisting on making one of our road marshalls a cup of tea as he was standing outside her house. She thought he was doing his community service and asked him how he'd broken the law. Mental note to get less dodgy looking marshalls

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.