Is this a mad way to start?

55,521 to 55,540 of 55,994 messages
kittenkat    pirate
03/02/2013 at 16:40

And yes I am still aware there's a cat's arse at the top of this page.

kittenkat    pirate
04/02/2013 at 06:20

Back to work for a rest!

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
04/02/2013 at 09:25

They do say that if the cat had been facing the other way Percy Shaw would have invented the pencil sharpener

kittenkat    pirate
04/02/2013 at 18:21

Quite, many years ago my stepfather used to have a book called '101 uses for a dead cat'

It was pretty funny.

kittenkat    pirate
06/02/2013 at 07:04

I love Stephen Fry's 'weather in my head' analogy.

I had the most hideous horrible nightmares last night, full of detail and pretty fucked up. HOWEVER, I think I've got to the bottom of it, it's not my tortured soul hamming it up on some virtual stage. I was just so desperate for a piss that I was trying to wake myself up!

Never underestimate the power of the bladder.

kittenkat    pirate
06/02/2013 at 19:11

So my neighbour and good friend just walked into my house...

"Muppets on toast with knobs on, this place smells funny"

"Hello to you too, what does it smell of?"

"Weed"

"I've just got home blame everyone else, the dog especially"

"Are they nippy chippying?"

"Yes"

(Just for the record no weed here, call off the flashmob)

Edited: 06/02/2013 at 19:16
kittenkat    pirate
06/02/2013 at 20:31

Chocolate in chilli, who knew? Thank you hairy bikers, just don't drop any pubic hair in it.

I'm going to try it in my next chilli.

kittenkat    pirate
06/02/2013 at 20:37

But of course chilli chocolate has been around for a while. D'oh Kate, you didn't make the connection...

It's a big fail at watching middle class telly stuff.

kittenkat    pirate
06/02/2013 at 20:42

And we still haven't turned the page from the feline arse... Maybe it is time to give up on here? Not that I mind looking at my girlfriend in that particular pose.

06/02/2013 at 23:18

Hi KK, spent a while lurking here, been out of running for a couple of years, decided that since I will hit the half century this year I'm going to do a short tri. Ilfracombe here I come in Sept. 

All I need to do is learn how to swim when I can't stand up and touch the bottom (or get a very long snorkel), then get the road bike out from its 5 year hibernation and see if I can remember how to ride it, and last see if I can run after doing all of the above!

I must be mad - but it sounds like fun!

kittenkat    pirate
07/02/2013 at 06:49

You'll have a ball! At our aquathlon last weekend I was doing the race briefing so saw everyone poolside, so many new people and SO nervous! But once they'd finished so many people said how much they loved it. I also had a phone call from a lady last week who has just moved down here and wants to join the club but she's worried that she's not a good enough swimmer, after I explained how non existant my swimming used to be, she felt much better!

Hey WS, didn't you used to post here years ago, I remember you.

kittenkat    pirate
07/02/2013 at 06:49

Actually we've met...

07/02/2013 at 22:26

We met a few times - am I allowed to say the good old days?  I guess you're with SWRR or Exeter Tri.  I managed to get from under 3 miles, with walking breaks, just after Christmas, now I'm up to 10 road miles. 

But I'm doing the Wild Night run on Saturday, 10 miles on Dartmoor, hilly, wet and dark

kittenkat    pirate
08/02/2013 at 06:38

Yeah I do remember you! I am both SWRR and Exeter Tri, good luck with Wild Night. I have a race myself this weekend that I've kept very quiet about.

kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 15:43

Right something has to give, I know because of circumstances that I'm going to have to work crazy hours for a while... And breathe!

09/02/2013 at 15:54

Good luck with your race

kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 15:57

Thanks I'm drinking beer watching the rugby, maybe not the preparation of champions

09/02/2013 at 16:03

better prep than mine - just been for a very slow amble with the family and now watching an even slower film

kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 16:32
kittenkat    pirate
09/02/2013 at 17:30

Right, I'm having this stupid stupid psychological problem that I used to have with racing, again. Self sabotage in a nutshell, for those who have been here for years you will remember me never wanting to compete in case I didn't live up to my own expectations. I got over that to a certain degree with a run of success (see what I did there?)

But now I'm back at square one. The bottom line is that I am fast enough to be placed top 3 in most of the races I enter, but I'm so inconsistent that I don't get any enjoyment from the prospect of racing in case I fail.

I know it's bizarre and wrong but I think the divide is that I run because it's an intrinsic pleasure, just me and Cole. I race because I've given up all the other sports that I did to a competitive level and I still need to be competitive. It's not working though because I'm deliberately drinking today...

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.