Is this a mad way to start?

55,561 to 55,580 of 55,994 messages
kittenkat    pirate
12/02/2013 at 06:31

I'm feeling the need to enter something, I don't know what yet...

You know I've always fancied some sort of martial art, but being a complete beginner I'd probably be stuck in a class of 5yr olds.

kittenkat    pirate
12/02/2013 at 06:32

I dunno, I've got itchy feet.

Ultra AJH    pirate
12/02/2013 at 08:05
I'm a definite for the relay KK. We will have to have a think about a third.
12/02/2013 at 13:12

Hi KK, think I'll need to start OW soon, Mrs WS pointed out the Castle to Castle swim at Falmouth - she said she'd enter me in it.

I think I'd best check if any extra insurance has been taken out  - I can swim (just) but that is 1 mile OW !  Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth OW training ASAP here I come

kittenkat    pirate
12/02/2013 at 19:12

You will get to a mile, but yes OW swimming is very different to pool swimming. There is a lot of opportunity (obviously) down here to sea swim and different groups going out on different evenings etc.

We really are beginner friendly with OW when the season comes around, rather than just saying we are!

Aitch!    pirate
12/02/2013 at 22:40

I was going to post this on the Q&A thread, but didn't want to ruin it more than you already have. You wonder why people don't like you/stop talking to you/delete you from facebook/stop posting on the forum. It's hardly surprising when you're rude to people and behave like a child. I wasn't going to waste my breath, but you always seem to say exactly what's on your mind, so I thought I would too. No need to reply. 

kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 19:21

Dear Points of View,

Blah blah blah blah.

Disgruntled from Tumbridge Wells.

(Sorry Tumbridge Wells, you do come in for a generic kicking, but it's nothing personal. You're just being my scapegoat for people who really care about the Internet and what is written and following their own inflated sensibilities)

Also 'no need to reply' means nothing. I do wonder why people write these vacuous phrases.

kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:07

I'm just going to post this which I put in the FB group, because I always am transparent:

I think we're all entitled to our own opinions and it used to work because we could joust and accept that we disagreed etc... Now there is a culture of running to RW Towers and complaining. And there is a small group that are determined to get me off there. I don't know why that is such an important objective for them, just put me on ignore if you don't like me. Ultimately if they suceed I would also suggest that no-one is indispensible or more important than anyone else, but it does make the place more bland. We've lost so many individuals as it is, the person on my thread that suggested that it's all my fault is wrong, I'm talking in a much broader context than her little circle of 'online friends'

Edited: 13/02/2013 at 20:12
kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:24

I don't mind people not liking me, no problem with that. I just don't get the 'precious' have to complain to RW because I haven't got the balls to talk to the source.

kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:25

However it's an online forum and there are rules in place. If it's that important to you, you can report people who break the rules. If the new people in charge want to uphold that sterile environment, I will go with good grace. Shame though as I've been posting much longer than some of the people reporting me for being such a bad influence on life

kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:29

All I need to know in the morning if I can't post is:

1. No-one died
  2. No-one was called Hitler
  3. No-one posted a cat pic that looked like Hitler
kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:32

If the answer to all 3 is no, I'll be very disappointed at my Internet suicide leap.

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:44
I reported the thread and asked for you to be banned for life.

Not the result of a conspiracy or little group as you so often claim but because you contribute nothing to the forum except spite and nastiness. In the last month alone youve trolled a number of threads, been agressive to others for no good reason.

Its been going on for years now. Many many people have tried to be kind to you, asked you nicely not to stop but its like its a little game to you. Just like above you brush aside what people say, never accept for one moment it could be you. Intead its everyone else, one big conspiracy.

Im afraid you come accross as a nasty vindictive troll these days, much of it fueled by alchohol i assume?

Its not the forum which is broken its you. Just look at the history of this thread, its become silly, like your own little blog you have to keep on the top of the page. Strikes me that your problem is that your attention seeker. Ironic that your increasingly desperate attempts to gain acceptance/attention have resulted in you alienating yourself from many people here.

If its all such a big conspiracy led by a small group here, how come you were banned from RWUSA. Any times!
kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:47

Anyway... Moving on, the kids are SO excited about EuroDisney next week. It's going to be the first family holiday we've been able to afford for a while and it's not going to be relaxing; but I'm a bigger child than they are so I'm just looking forward to  a week away with mine, all mine. And they are great, me, D and the girls... No work, no Internet or interference

13/02/2013 at 20:51
And since this thread has got little to do with tri any longer i dont see why it sits in the tri forum. Perhaps you can get it moved (pinned to the bottom of the page) its taking up space at the top of the page tri page.
kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:55
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)

Not the result of a conspiracy or little group as you so often claim but because you contribute nothing to the forum except spite and nastiness. In the last month alone youve trolled a number of threads, been agressive to others for no good reason.

Its been going on for years now. Many many people have tried to be kind to you, asked you nicely not to stop but its like its a little game to you. Just like above you brush aside what people say, never accept for one moment it could be you. Intead its everyone else, one big conspiracy.

Im afraid you come accross as a nasty vindictive troll these days, much of it fueled by alchohol i assume?

Its not the forum which is broken its you. Just look at the history of this thread, its become silly, like your own little blog you have to keep on the top of the page. Strikes me that your problem is that your attention seeker. Ironic that your increasingly desperate attempts to gain acceptance/attention have resulted in you alienating yourself from many people here.

If its all such a big conspiracy led by a small group here, how come you were banned from RWUSA. Any times!

No Barley, you're pissed off because I called you out about being really unpleasant  and nasty about your now girlfriend. You're watching your own back here because you are embarrassed about the conversation where you were really rude and derogatory about the photo she sent several men on the forum of her arse.

I've also called out other people, all claiming to be Pirates, never clubhouse people. I love clubhouse, I like some Pirates, well actually quite a lot of them but I conversely hate the bitching and putting down of other Pirates whilst you smile in their faces and say 'welcome'. Explain to me what happened with Arctic Lady in Switzerland if you really want to push this. Some women were bitches to her. Why?

kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 20:59
And since this thread has got little to do with tri any longer i dont see why it sits in the tri forum. Perhaps you can get it moved (pinned to the bottom of the page) its taking up space at the top of the page tri page.

And yeah, let's fill the tri forum with selling kit and buying into an ideal where the boat has sailed long ago. I was warned about this back in 2008 and I will quote from someone there who had been there since the beginning "This is the last year before it starts to go tits up, I've been watching it since the beginning"

kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 21:10

Not the result of a conspiracy or little group as you so often claim but  Many many people have tried to be kind to you, asked you nicely not to stop but its like its a little game to you. Just like above you brush aside what people say, never accept for one moment it could be you. Intead its everyone else, one big conspiracy.

Ironic that your increasingly desperate attempts to gain acceptance/attention have resulted in you alienating yourself from many people here.

You are still talking for your 'tiny' group of online 'friends' who are outraged by an a prolific poster on a running forum. I don't know what to suggest as emergency treatment for that other than Camonmile Tea or Prozac. If you're asking me to go, you will lose the healthy numbers of lurkers that watch this thread. I tell you what Barley, I'll gift this thread to you, I'll leave and you keep the monologue going... Let's all look at the lurker numbers then.

13/02/2013 at 21:13
Believe me im not pissed off about what i may or may not have said 3 years ago and am certainly not embarrassed, besides its nothing ive been secrative about.

Arctic Lady, Switzerland 2009, get over it, it was 3-4 girls having a bitch at each other 4 years ago, get over it.

What im pissed off because your a spiteful nasty piece of work. Just the other day someone posted adking if they could join the pirates. Your response was No. Last night you joined the thread and was rude to some newbies. I can count in my head at least half a dozen similar situations in the last month alone.

Your reason for all this? A coupke of peopke had a dissagreement with Arctic lady 4 years ago and im annoyed with something you said 3 years ago?
kittenkat    pirate
13/02/2013 at 21:20
Believe me im not pissed off about what i may or may not have said 3 years ago and am certainly not embarrassed, besides its nothing ive been secrative about.

Arctic Lady, Switzerland 2009, get over it, it was 3-4 girls having a bitch at each other 4 years ago, get over it.

What im pissed off because your a spiteful nasty piece of work. Just the other day someone posted adking if they could join the pirates. Your response was No. Last night you joined the thread and was rude to some newbies. I can count in my head at least half a dozen similar situations in the last month alone.

Your reason for all this? A coupke of peopke had a dissagreement with Arctic lady 4 years ago and im annoyed with something you said 3 years ago?

Ok, if you had kids I would say that your 13yr old has hacked into your account. I don't respond to grown adults with that lack of care in posting.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.