Is this a mad way to start?

55,621 to 55,640 of 55,994 messages
Ultra AJH    pirate
15/02/2013 at 21:08
That's me Legless looking for my hotel then
kittenkat    pirate
15/02/2013 at 21:18

The best one I had, and this is going back years ago when I was in my late 20's and flying from Sydney to LAX alone. Big plane and long flight, I found myself in the middle of a quite scary biker group of Americans that had flown to Oz to have a hell bent tour of the country and I happened to find myself as the single female in their midst whilst they were getting completely pissed and doing drugs on the way back to their homeland.

I just gave in (to the drink, not the pills offered) and they were really nice guys, I actually felt I had no choice to not join them, but turning up in LA at 7.30am was all good until the hangover hits in halfway through the morning. I was arsed and must have been visibly so, but they still let me into the country, BEST inflight entertainment ever.

Edited: 15/02/2013 at 21:22
Ultra AJH    pirate
15/02/2013 at 21:25
Ha! I remember a flight from Cape Town to joberg with my best friend. The flight was only half full and the flight attendant took a shine to us girls and basically threw wine at us for the duration. Which was fine, except her very strict sober father was picking us up at the airport and pretending not to be completely wrecked was hilarious.

We thought we got away with it but he must have known
kittenkat    pirate
15/02/2013 at 21:40

It's SO obvious! When I was 15 and got accepted to play for a good women's hockey team alongside another underage player. We got invited to a social event and they got us pissed and my friend's super protective daddy picked us up at 10pm in his new car. Luckily it was a Halloween do so I had a tall witches hat which I threw up in on the way home, otherwise his car seat upholstery would have been toast.

Edited: 15/02/2013 at 21:42
Ultra AJH    pirate
15/02/2013 at 21:43
Ace!
kittenkat    pirate
15/02/2013 at 21:56
Ultra AJH wrote (see)
Ha! I remember a flight from Cape Town to joberg with my best friend. The flight was only half full and the flight attendant took a shine to us girls and basically threw wine at us for the duration. Which was fine, except her very strict sober father was picking us up at the airport and pretending not to be completely wrecked was hilarious.

We thought we got away with it but he must have known

My parents founded an English school in Leshoto, and my brother was born there so he has dual nationality. When he was naughty back here, my mother always threatened him with conscription.. It was all bollocks but not something nasty from her,  just as a very young mother a misplaced judgement of humour? But it worked and he was scared that suddenly he could be taken away from our life when we moved back to England.

kittenkat    pirate
15/02/2013 at 22:00

Unfortunately I was born in Scotland, so that fucked it all up in terms of subtle parenting blackmail.

15/02/2013 at 22:50
kittenkat wrote (see)

Unfortunately I was born in Scotland, so that fucked it all up in terms of subtle parenting blackmail.

I don't know I'd rather be sent to South Africa than Scotland

Dubai Dave    pirate
16/02/2013 at 06:47

Gordonstoun? That would scare the shit out of me!

kittenkat    pirate
16/02/2013 at 07:37

We only lived there until I was 3 months old. Dave off to run with the SWRR mara group this morning

kittenkat    pirate
16/02/2013 at 12:03

16 miles run with the club, it felt really good and av about 7.40 mm. Cole enjoyed it too, I'll have to start paying membership fees for him soon!

kittenkat    pirate
17/02/2013 at 16:47

Back from dropping to dog off for his holiday. Had a lovely leisurely walk reound Truro this morning which resulted in a new dress, some running gear and the most chocolatety hot chocolate for thing 2 from the Thorntons cafe.

Oh and just glanced at FB to find that we've won the Peninsula trophy back for Devon. Great running ladies!

kittenkat    pirate
17/02/2013 at 17:47

The farmer's wife has just come over and given my girls a €20 note each for an 'ice cream'.

Such a lovely gesture, and a lot of ice cream!

kittenkat    pirate
18/02/2013 at 13:52

I'd forgotten how bad I am pre-flight. It's the first time thing 2 has flown and the first time thing 1 will remember flying, and I've now got to sit there pretending it doesn't scare the crap out of me!

kittenkat    pirate
23/02/2013 at 10:43

Am back, had a blast. Looking at my work emails with one eye closed and squinting through the other. That way I can pretend I didn't see stuff. In-laws on their way up for the day and bringing back my dawg. So I decided not to long run with the club this morning (too late back last night, no Cole, visitors etc) so I will trot out with my boy tomorrow.

Had to buy a stupid Disney hat because it was FREEZING over there. Their sale of hats and scarves went up 10 fold me thinks. There was a secret silly hat nod of approval going round. Needs must!

kittenkat    pirate
24/02/2013 at 15:42

14 miles with Cole today, came in at 1.45 so pace ok. It was freezing though!

25/02/2013 at 17:51

Still in work, new it would be manic when I came back but sheesh...

kittenkat    pirate
26/02/2013 at 06:24

Meh! Grumpy fighting Lurgy, and no that's not some perverse re-enactment of Snow White.

kittenkat    pirate
27/02/2013 at 06:27

I just put mayo in my tea.

kittenkat    pirate
27/02/2013 at 18:19

Hi,

I've moved

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.