Is this a mad way to start?

55,661 to 55,680 of 56,022 messages
kittenkat    pirate
02/03/2013 at 15:40

Well done! Feel virtuous now

02/03/2013 at 15:41
I'm feeling like I could eat that pile of bacon butties all over again !
kittenkat    pirate
02/03/2013 at 15:47

I usually spend the last few miles of a long run fantacising about how much I'm looking forward to whatever it is I'm going to eat. I spent on of the last ones really wanting the pint of chocolate milk in the fridge, only to find that thing 2 had drunk it!

02/03/2013 at 16:03
8 miles tomorrow and I'll be over 50 in a week for the first time ever.....

Not sure I can be bothered and schedule only calls for a 6
kittenkat    pirate
02/03/2013 at 16:07

I've missed so many runs lately, I've just been getting so late home from work and then I don't think it's fair on the kids to bugger off and run when i haven't seen them all day.

However I've got a few long runs in that have gone well so I'm not too worried about it.

02/03/2013 at 16:12
Ah the pleasure of having kids who've left home !
kittenkat    pirate
02/03/2013 at 16:18

It's just because the job is so crazy at the moment, and I'm the only one who knows how to do it all (which isn't good as it means I always have to be there). However there will be quieter periods later on in the year.

However, even though running is my stress release, I wouldn't want to be without my kids and able to run all the time. I'm sure by the time they are old enough to leave home I will enjoy that too

kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 15:06

Ok, did 13.5 with furface, feel better now. I've also finished the admin stuff I needed to do, so now I will bury myself in the Sunday papers with a large coffee.

Had venison and red wine sausages for lunch, very strong tasting.

Edited: 03/03/2013 at 16:32
kittenkat    pirate
03/03/2013 at 16:37

I've got to stop reading depressing books! One of my best friends has noticed (rightly), for a pretty up and generally lighthearted everyday persona, when it comes to film and literature I tend to chose the most dark and intensive deconstructions of the nature of being human.

However I do have a book of QI facts on my Kindle, balance redressed yes?

kittenkat    pirate
05/03/2013 at 06:40

Coughing up gunk. Fuck.

Will still try a run with the boy, going into work a bit later today as working late.

05/03/2013 at 18:08

So I'm still in work, hopefully finished by 7 though.

I did 7.5 with the mutt this morning, I'm thinking I might get home to no Internet as we're changing ISP today and nothing has gone right with the whole process so far!

06/03/2013 at 21:20

Manic day at work today but got lots done.

Managed 6.5 with furface after work, always great for a de-stress i find.

kittenkat    pirate
06/03/2013 at 21:32

Nice, I've got a personal troll again. kittenkat and ghost of kittenkat are me, no others.

D is just being called out to some serious shit, I hate this side to our life. One or more families will face 'that' knock on their door tonight.

kittenkat    pirate
07/03/2013 at 18:38

That was a bit of an over-reaction, I just can't keep up with my arse at the moment (are we allowed to say arse now?).

So work is mega busy and so is the tri admin stuff. However I have treated myself to a new pair of running shoes and jacket. Let's call  it a mother's day present from a mother to a mother. It just happens to be the same mother.

kittenkat    pirate
09/03/2013 at 10:50

Lurgy is making its way South, coughing badly so can't run. Oh well it's given me time to update the wave sheets for the race tomorrow, and the rugby is on later.

kittenkat    pirate
09/03/2013 at 15:42

Ok, everything ready for tomorrow now so I can relax... a bit.

kittenkat    pirate
09/03/2013 at 16:22

And I will now say something that I alluded to earlier in this thread. I wrote the risk assessments for the first two races and thought I'd sent them in good time to the BTF, however when the race license didn't come through for the race tomorrow (last week). I realised that I has only sent the first one. Groveling email resulted in instant attention. Thanks BTF

kittenkat    pirate
10/03/2013 at 13:59

Well done to everyone today, the aquathlon went well, I can now relax, until the next one! Remember it's the Police National Championships and we have Tristart and Tristar races too

10/03/2013 at 23:16

KK at least if you buy yourself something for Mothers Day - you know its the right thing.  I got Mrs WS exactly what she asked for - when she saw it she was disappointed - wish I'd boughht her what I wanted to buy her now!

At least both monsters got her reasonable things - can't go wrong with Lush Bath Bombs and smellies

kittenkat    pirate
11/03/2013 at 06:49

I got Christmas chocolates WS!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.