Is this a mad way to start?

55,681 to 55,700 of 55,994 messages
kittenkat    pirate
11/03/2013 at 06:51

I didn't get my own mum anything, but i think she's in Turkey at the moment so that lets me off the hook.

Still lurgified and coughing up gunk, so I haven't been able to train which is a pain. Quite a big day in work today and I need it to run smoothly, tomorrow I'm going to have to work til about 9pm. Ug!

Anyway, on on...

kittenkat    pirate
12/03/2013 at 06:39

Still coughing up gunk. OH DEEP JOY!

kittenkat    pirate
12/03/2013 at 06:40

Have you all got the gunk bit now?

kittenkat    pirate
12/03/2013 at 22:41

Added to the busy day in work was an on the spot un-announced audit by an outside agency. In my job that happens, but it was all good because I'm actually good at what I do. (Mostly)

'Clever me' is good because it keeps my brain active, but the long hours in work and lack of running because of the lingering lurgy, will probably give me justifiable reason to kill you all.

kittenkat    pirate
13/03/2013 at 17:58

Just tried a run, possibly not a good idea when still coughing up gunk, but we'll see. Cole was happy to get out again.

kittenkat    pirate
15/03/2013 at 06:38

Uggg, I did a short run yesterday as well but maybe not such a good idea, it's irritated my cough. Meh.

15/03/2013 at 12:45

got back online - briefly - how are you now KK, I found training too soon brought the cough back, but at least the muck stayed away. 

I shouldn't have said that the circuits I was going toi do was kill or cure  still not sure what the result will be - if the cough keeps going I might even hope for kill

kittenkat    pirate
16/03/2013 at 08:17

Hi WS, I can't shift this cough, even D has told me not to race today, still making my mind up.

In other news, work is very busy and the dog has a post it note on his head.

The in-laws are staying overnight as they're leaving their car here tomorrow and flying from Exeter to join a cruise ship somewhere.

It will be a day of rugby and beer (unless I decide to go to the race later).

kittenkat    pirate
16/03/2013 at 17:09

So they join the cruise ship in Barbados, but they fly from Exeter to Manchester to refuel before going straight to Barbados. The reason? Exeter hasn't got a long enough runway to take off with a full tank of fuel.

kittenkat    pirate
17/03/2013 at 13:16

It's rare that something moves me (or terrifies me) enough that I have to stop reading it, but I did today reading the excerpt from Sonalia Deraniyagala's book.

My worst fear is losing my children.

kittenkat    pirate
17/03/2013 at 17:16

My girls are playing duets in their bedroom, I love the fact that they have such a love of music. Currently they're cycling between an Irish tin whistle, a flute and the keyboard.

Meanwhile I'm fed up of this cough and even D thinks it might not be viral now as I can't seem to shift it. Both Cole and I need to run!

Edited: 17/03/2013 at 17:16
kittenkat    pirate
17/03/2013 at 17:17

'cycling' jeez, that's a word I haven't said *written* for a while.

kittenkat    pirate
17/03/2013 at 17:18

Note to self *shut the fuck up about the cough*.

kittenkat    pirate
18/03/2013 at 06:50

I'm so grumpy and fed up with not being able to run. I will spare you from it and take myself off to work.

18/03/2013 at 13:56

KK back online briefly - was the race the rock solid?  If so I hope you didn't do it.  A couple of friends did it, way beyond any idea of doing it with the cough. 

I was almost tempted to do it, after hearing the horror stories I will do it next year, but not if even slightly under the weather!

out tonight for first time in a week, last weeks' session knocked me back too far - cough still lingering

I thought Exeter had one of longest runways, that was why Concorde could come here?

19/03/2013 at 18:32

Hi WS, no idea about the runway .

The race was a local 10k, so nothing big or scary. I'm still in work. We've had no Internet at home since the farmer accidently dug straight through the main cable that supplies all the phone and Internet connection to the barns.

Big whoops!

kittenkat    pirate
20/03/2013 at 18:43

Back now, and no don't try and bribe him to do it again.

kittenkat    pirate
21/03/2013 at 09:39

Did run did I and he with me,

wet it was, and he did pee.

Still coughing though, so not all good, and had just got into a deep hot bath with coffee and my kindle, and work phoned!

Best get off there now, will take the ark.

kittenkat    pirate
21/03/2013 at 20:17

It's manic in work at the moment, but I like being busy. I haven't got a career as such now as I deliberately left my 'career' to have a family and because I was a workaholic and what I did was so open-ended that you could just work all hours because it was a career you could always improve and improve in.

I now have a job, which I can actually develop and make my own because it's uncharted waters and ripe for expansion.

Years ago I used to think to myself that I could put up with the dramatic highs and lows of my life, if i just would know that I'd get stability and have a family.

I would also say that I would be happy if I had a job that I could just leave when I physically walked out of the building.

I have all this now and yet it's the time when your past demons probably present themselves writ large?

Tis all part of the human condition innit

21/03/2013 at 22:08

Tis all good fun, but too wet to go for a run,
my latest dream, to run on a road that is not a stream
First day of Spring this week, but the spring has sprung a leak

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.