Is this a mad way to start?

55,701 to 55,720 of 56,022 messages
kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 06:29

To not run when there is a leak, is only for the very meek!

However it needs to stop before tomorrow morning, 16.5 with SWRR on the cards.

kittenkat    pirate
22/03/2013 at 17:59

Friday!!!!

We're running from Exmouth back to the arena tomorrow, then I've booked the cinema for the Croods (is that right?)

Shit, i'm getting to the point of being so boring I'm going to post what I'm eating for dinner.

Actually on that point, work sells all the food off extremely cheaply on a Friday afternoon to staff. But eclectic selection of leftovers is eclectic. I brought home a sausage roll, various fish based pastas, a honey chicken panini and a danish pastry... all for £1.10.

kittenkat    pirate
23/03/2013 at 20:39

What a day, so there were a few of us from SWRR in the mara group this morning. We had to change the route because of flooding, plus with all this coughing my chest got tight so I cut short. I think it ended up with about 13.5 miles in 1.46, so steady pace.

Then I got home to my bank telling me my details have been stolen yet again. So account frozen and new card on the way.

But the good stuff included taking the kids to the cinema this afternoon, 'The Croods' is actually really good, funniest bit is when the 'dog' falls out of the tree. You wouldn't feel justified going to films like that if you're just an adult presence, but these films now are very clever and work on several levels to keep everyone happy in a family group.

Edited: 23/03/2013 at 20:55
kittenkat    pirate
24/03/2013 at 14:08

The girls have got a friend over all day, we're just pottering around. I've finished another aquathlon risk assessment and entered a half mara.

Chest feeling ok after the run yesterday so I'l run again after work tomorrow.

25/03/2013 at 16:34

Went down to Budleigh yesterday to do my first open water swim, got out of car and decided a stroll to Otterton Mill would be better - WIMP!

Maybe next weekend  

kittenkat    pirate
25/03/2013 at 18:45

Ha ha ha, can't believe you were even contemplating OW you friggin nutter. I ran just over 5 miles with the bog when I got back , that wind is bitingly cold. I had a buff pulled right up over my nose and mouth and a woolly hat! Loving this spring.

26/03/2013 at 20:49

Nutter yup - thats me

so cold I went to the gym in the car last night, for the last couple of weeks I've cycled to and from the gym as my warm up/cool down.  But it would have been too cold.....

kittenkat    pirate
26/03/2013 at 21:02

Which gym are you with?

I was in work for 12 hours today, and on my way home bought beer and dog gravy. (Made for dogs not from dogs I must add for the slightly stupid).

I've got to the polite sarcastic side of tired now, it's the point where I inject a little humour in telling people to fuck off. No bad blood meant or taken, but just a little kitty snarl meaning that I really do help you when I can and bend over backwards (not sexually in this case), but now is not a good time and don't push your luck.

Oh and the gravy is for the dog...

kittenkat    pirate
26/03/2013 at 21:03

I mentioned that already, about the gravy.

kittenkat    pirate
27/03/2013 at 20:14

I'm coughing again

Another 12 hours in work, but I can't leave stuff undone. So long weekend, I'm cooking Mexican tomorow evening for a friend and so looking forward to a few drinks and chillaxing. I need to probably do my last long run before London on Friday, a few weeks ago I was comfortably doing my longer runs in the high 7 min miles. Now I'm going through a lull in everything: Effort, confidence to run fast, sense of humour, botherdness and any inclination to not make my PJs clash with my dressing gown.

Serious shit huh?

kittenkat    pirate
27/03/2013 at 20:15

At least I'm not doing that rather creepy 'adult baby' onesie(sp?) crap.

Edited: 27/03/2013 at 20:15
kittenkat    pirate
28/03/2013 at 19:12

Ok, that was a hell of a week! D is working over the weekend so the last chance i have to do a good long run before London is tomorrow, let's see how that goes after tonight. My friend is here and we're drinking, eating and putting the world to wrongs; whilst watching Lord of the Rings with thing 1. Thing 2 is on a sleepover in the village and D is out on stuff I can't tell you about.

Oh and if you are really riveted by my postings about my family, Cole is conked out in front of the fire and I've trained the bed bugs to do their own interpretation of a successful flea circus. They are stealing food from my fridge instead.

28/03/2013 at 20:43

Hope you have a great weekend, managed a 4 mile hill run tonight, first real run for a few weeks. 

Getting busy at work, finally got online after a few busy nights, the gym is Active Fitness near the Blue Ball.  It's in a converted barn and has a personal trainer taking a group of up to ten nutters, I think its better than the corporate conglomerate gyms.

kittenkat    pirate
29/03/2013 at 12:57

Sounds good, I like the Blue Ball too, great garden for the kids.

I ran with Cole this morning, only 7. I did plan to go further but the wind was bone chilling and my head wasn't in the right place (I think it was attached to my right buttock). I think I just need a bit of r&r after the last few weeks in work. Cooking Mexican (though not a Mexican) for my friend tonight.

So will take the girls out to do the food shop. D is playing lumberjack as his mate's arrived with a truck load of wood, and no, that's not some kind of gay convention.

29/03/2013 at 23:02

hope you enjoy the mexican - r&r sounds good, decorating all day, two Guinesses down - maybe one more to go.

Blue Ball is great, let the monsters run riot while sitting down in comfort,

Hope D enjoys being a lumberjack

kittenkat    pirate
30/03/2013 at 09:19

I made chicken quesadillas, and they were lovely if I say so myself! Today is an assault on the shit pit that is a busy house. Hosework is the most mundane boring thing, but it's getting to the point we can't find stuff, I'll try not to sweep a child under the carpet.

Dr Who tonight, is it sad I'm looking forward to that?

Oh and the wood is good, it's from an old tree that's been felled over 4 years ago (apparently), so the sap has dried out and it will burn well. Ridiculous we're still lighting the fire in March!

kittenkat    pirate
31/03/2013 at 11:48

A run cough free, nearly. And quite fast too.

D working and the kids want to go to MacDonalds for lunch. Let's keep it classy.

kittenkat    pirate
31/03/2013 at 15:02

Ugh... I've got to have a look at the fields in the online entry software, I'm having to go through a very laborious procedure to get the right tristar cats for each kid in the children's race next weekend, and there are about 100 of them as well as the adult sprint and novice entries and the police championship.

The girls are out on the farm so amusing themselves, I guess I'd rather not know exactly where as I don't want to see them climb some of those trees, or the ruined barn. They're finding their own physical boundaries and sense of danger. I think that's a good thing, I just don't want to witness it!

I had to go out and inspect a dead bird they found, Thing 1 wanted to move it up into a tree so cats couldn't get it. I explained why we should leave it and that it was part of nature that dead things got eaten, it was a natural cycle blah blah blah. She pointed to the window of the shed it had flown into and said 'Well that's not natural is it?'.

She's got a point!

Edited: 31/03/2013 at 15:05
01/04/2013 at 22:21

sounds like too much work to get a race together.

Sounds like Thing1 looks at things the logical way, I know what you mean about giving them space but not wanting to see them pushing the boundaries.  Monster1 is the same.

kittenkat    pirate
02/04/2013 at 07:34

I have woken up to sooooooo many late entries for the aquathlon on Sunday.

I was up at 5am worrying about it all.

Silly, I know.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.