Is this a mad way to start?

55,721 to 55,740 of 55,994 messages
kittenkat    pirate
04/04/2013 at 16:49

I'm a moron, or I don't like the number 9.

If you get a race number with a 9 on the end this weekend, count yourself lucky.

kittenkat    pirate
10/04/2013 at 17:03

Too busy! The aquathlon was our largest to date, with over 200 on the starting list.

I had a great appraisal with my boss yesterday, she's really happy with me. Can't believe I've been there full time for 6 months already.

It's Thing 1's 11th birthday today, we had her party in Torquay where the pool has a slide and wave machine, dropped all the kids off home after that except for her best friend who's come round for the afternoon. I've got the rest of the week off work (D and me juggling kids Easter holidays) and then my parents are coming for the weekend. I've booked us a posh pub meal with real ales on Saturday and then a hearty walk round the canal towards Tiverton. Right up their street.

Edited: 10/04/2013 at 17:04
kittenkat    pirate
11/04/2013 at 19:12

Fuck, we've argued. We disagree probably once every 3 years on average. D wants the kids to have 3 solid meals a day, I let them graze as and when they feel hungry, which is the way I've always eaten, and I've never been overweight.

They aren't overweight, far from it and have natural appetites that they still recognise (which the 3 big meals a day works against, in my opinion)

His argument is that we need more order in the house and he never became overweight from 3 meals a day. He didn't but a lot of his immediate family did...

Help?

kittenkat    pirate
12/04/2013 at 13:44

Well D in work, last day of the holidays for the girls. I cleaned the house this morning, and my did it need it. Housework is SO boring though, I resent doing it but no-one else will. That said, Thing 2 spontaneously does stuff like the washing up.

We then walked out on the farm, it seems ages since I've just gone and done that. The girls keep trying to trick Cole into swimming in the deep parts of the stream by throwing his ball in there.

Now cooking banana bread (again) to get rid of the bananas from the aquathlon, and listening to music with Thing 1, now she's 11 she's all grown up and stuff

She's singing perfectly in tune to 'You don't know you're beautiful". It's nice to have someone who can sing in the house as me, D and the dog are shit at it.

kittenkat    pirate
13/04/2013 at 17:42

So, tried a pub new to us Tiverton way with my parents at lunchtime that was recommended by a friend. I had confit of duck in plum jus and it was gorgeous. Otter, Tribute and Doom Bar on barrel; what's not to like?

We then trudged round the farm for a bit flinging the ball and kids for Cole.

Parents have gone back to their hotel now but will be over this evening for a takeaway from a lovely curry restaurant in Topsham.

We're then out with D's parents for lunch in Honiton tomorrow. It's a bit of a foodie and beery weekend!

I managed to get a run in with Cole this morning.

14/04/2013 at 19:49

Sounds like a good weekend, we have the same meal discussions in our house  - I graze, Nicki eats 3 meals a day.

Eldest monster same as Nicki, youngest does both grazing and 3 meals!  But he never stops so isn't even slightly overweight.

Good news on the appraisal, mine was OK a month ago when I said I was happy and settled in my job, a week later I couldn't wait to leave!

kittenkat    pirate
14/04/2013 at 19:56

I had duck again for lunch (sorry duck population, one or more of you is hobbling around without a leg or breast this weekend. Your fault for being delicious). That's how people denounce their serious crimes isn't it, by transference...

I'm reading, as always, very challenging literature about life stories and survival.

I should stop reading, there was an article in the papers lately that said we would be happier if we didn't read the news. Maybe we would be in our own little bubble concept; but how does that help anyone...

kittenkat    pirate
14/04/2013 at 20:00
Wrinkly Smurf wrote (see)

Sounds like a good weekend, we have the same meal discussions in our house  - I graze, Nicki eats 3 meals a day.

Eldest monster same as Nicki, youngest does both grazing and 3 meals!  But he never stops so isn't even slightly overweight.

Good news on the appraisal, mine was OK a month ago when I said I was happy and settled in my job, a week later I couldn't wait to leave!

I do like my job and it's well within my capacities; but I also recognise my stress levels which are personality (deficit) driven, rather than anything else.

kittenkat    pirate
14/04/2013 at 20:10

Note to self: Internet diva, go to bed! (I will actually after I've done some mundane stuff, and possibly drafted my resignation letter to the Governors). I can't fit it in, our life is too hectic, but I feel guilty as I've always done community stuff.

kittenkat    pirate
14/04/2013 at 20:15
kittenkat wrote (see)
Wrinkly Smurf wrote (see)

I do like my job and it's well within my capacities; but I also recognise my stress levels which are personality (deficit) driven, rather than anything else.

'Capabilities'. Oh damn you all, I'm off to eat the aniseed sweets left over from the allsorts, whilst either (a) rocking slowly in the corner and refusing to brush my teeth, or (b) something else.

kittenkat    pirate
15/04/2013 at 20:24

Oh this is so friggin stupid. I'm an experienced runner, yet I'm talking myself in and out, in and out... And then rinse and repeat another 10 times per day, about going to London next weekend.

Why? You tell me.

I can't be fucking doing with this emotion, part of me wants to just take my running back to the very intrinsic level and not bother with races. I've never enjoyed them until it's all over. And even then not always.

I can't do 'going to enjoy it', it's just not in my psyche. I've run straight past Buckingham Palace 3 times now and never friggin noticed it, and I'll be doing that again on Sunday. And swearing to myself copiously.

It's just running, it's not important... But it is obviously for me, but as substitute or a medicine to what?

Anyway, very busy in work but lots of laughing and joking today, which is always good.

kittenkat    pirate
15/04/2013 at 20:49

And now Boston, so awful.

15/04/2013 at 22:26

I can't believe about Boston, off to check latest in a minute - friends of friends safe so one bit of relief.

15/04/2013 at 22:29

Loads of laughing and joking at work today as well.

I know what you mean about races, I don't enjoy them as much as I should, but my personality disorder (laziness) means if I don't have a race coming up I don't bother training

kittenkat    pirate
15/04/2013 at 23:02

I just feel 'deflated' at best tonight, and so tired. However tomorrow I wil run with my dog before work (who is getting like my own 'Ted' in my mind; and we both know it and are deliriously happy running together)

He could be bluffing though...

Edited: 15/04/2013 at 23:05
kittenkat    pirate
16/04/2013 at 20:48

Well we did run, it was quite a reflective one. I've been posting on the RW USA forum for almost as many years as i've been here. There's a group of us that have moved to a different USA running online place now, and we know each other as well as you can online. So it was emotive yesterday, making sure all our guys were safe (think Mudchute, plus us running and transpose that. You get the picture).

I worked until 7pm tonight and then brought work home with me, how twatty is that? BUT I'm still enjoying it in a vaguely masochistic way. Keeps me out of trouble a lot more also.

17/04/2013 at 13:25

KK know what you mean, friends of friends made it safely

Stopped taking work home a few weeks ago - even left the work laptop at work the other day - freedom - but going online on the mobile isn't good.  Note to self - buy a pc.

kittenkat    pirate
17/04/2013 at 18:08

I've just got home and I'm tempted to open my work email!

kittenkat    pirate
18/04/2013 at 20:09

Ok, this could just be the rhetoric that a percentage of runners throw out before a race (holds hand up high)... Or not. I can't answer that.

BUT, I've found out I've made the women's team for our club for a relay event in a couple of weeks. We're a big club with some very speedy young runners, so at 42 with no proper training and just running with my furry face (his furry face but he's mine. Geddit?)

I diverge. This all makes me nervous, but the original point that I haven't yet made is that in my head it gives me a get out clause for London by saying that I want to slack off to be fresh enough for the next race.

When in reality, I'm having doubts that London will go that well for me, so I want to make the smoke screen of "I'm a good marathon runner honest!" thus covering my back if I don't run well.

Ok, this is getting self indulgent but that's ok because this thread is about ME, as I was mercilessly reminded of in its infancy *yawn*.

Ok, stop Kate and talk about cheese. They just had a segment (should that be smegment?) about Stinking Bishop on The One Show. One of our local pubs serves that on their cheese platter. It tastes like pickled sperm, I would challenge any man or woman not to chunder.

Then after half a bottle of red, it tastes like pickled sperm that has bathed in the gents urinals. I would challenge any man or woman or beast, not to chunder.

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 20:10
kittenkat    pirate
18/04/2013 at 20:12

I could carry on in the vein, 'There was an old woman who swallowed a fly...' but I will spare you

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 20:12
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.