Is this a mad way to start?

55,741 to 55,760 of 56,022 messages
kittenkat    pirate
18/04/2013 at 20:14

The One Show just had a segment (filling in the gaps)

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 20:15
kittenkat    pirate
19/04/2013 at 06:34

Oh my, I was in twatwaffling mood last night. Ok, in denial of the weekend, just focusing on my role of buying biscuits for a meeting this morning. Damn that I'm going to make it cakes. No, no wait... A huge chocolate fountain with marshmallow clouds, edible adorable cherubs singing softly and Turkish delight gondolas.

Puts your average custard cream in its place.

(I'm good at denial huh?)

kittenkat    pirate
19/04/2013 at 21:07

Ok, quite a day. My oldest bestest matie secured a headship today after a 2 day gruelling interview process; which I know well as have been on the interview panal for those posts. Love her lots, well done mate.

Work for myself today was intense but that's not for discussing here. I'm still working like one of those old wind up toys that has suddenly been cross wired with the latest version of the Duracell bunny.

And so, I'm packed and will drag myself up early, drive to that big place with lots of people and pointy buildings... Whoever is in London, I may or may not meet. I reserve the right to be antisocial until after the marafun But in Chandos, we will be what we always have been. (Quite arsed and very sociable)

19/04/2013 at 21:08

Have fun whichever you choose, or do both and enjoy the runs

kittenkat    pirate
19/04/2013 at 21:10

Thanks mate

kittenkat    pirate
19/04/2013 at 21:23

Bugger, I'm drinking too much tonight. It would be much easier if I didn't have such an internal conflict with myself. Don't worry, I'm experienced and all I need to do to counteract this is to drink 2 litres of water per 50 miles I drive tomorrow. That means I am desperate to piss every hour. I will study the colour of that expulsion and invite random strangers to view the contents of my toilet bowl at every service station (if they could provide their own litmus paper, it would be a bonus)

Have I mentioned I hate races before?

kittenkat    pirate
19/04/2013 at 21:35

I also need a sausage roll, that is pivotal and the first bite will produce a Zen like status. This is fortuitous as the cafeteria were selling them off cheap to staff today.

If you want to meet me, wear a sausage roll in your lapel.

Anyway guys, I will be at Chandos as normal. Have a good one whether running or supporting.

20/04/2013 at 08:36

Enjoy the wee stops - it all adds to the fun, especially if Thing1 and Thing2 catch on with the "Are Wee There Yet" 

I managed a short bike ride this morning, now Mrs WS has gone for a swim, when we get back both my monsters are off for their swimming lessons and we're dumping them on unsuspecting friends - an afternoon off

kittenkat    pirate
22/04/2013 at 14:32

Rampant sex?

Well I Londinuimed and am now back after doing what felt like the whole frigging Monopoly board trying to get out of London. Ask, just ask how many van drivers and cabbies country bumpkin girl pissed off this morning but changing lanes, dithering and trying to get the sat nav to respond to my vocal questions.

Personal worst in a stand alone marafun for me (3.31 something) but that's ok, I knew it was going to just be a question of steady from the start after that chest infection thing wiped me out for so many weeks. I knew that I didn't have the long runs in my legs and it would hurt from mile 20 onwards. Fairy nuff, it is what it is and twas nice to have a drink with everyone after.

Will be back next year. Oh and i LIKE the colour of my tent (t-shirt) oh and I crossed the finish and this guy held out his hand, shook mine and said 'congratulations'. Why thank you Sir Richard Branson.

kittenkat    pirate
22/04/2013 at 14:33

Oh and a complaint. Rice is a very poor substitute for beer in the goody bags, what happened to our usual can of London Pride huh?

kittenkat    pirate
22/04/2013 at 14:42

Just looked at the official results for the first time, it was 3.30.29.

22/04/2013 at 18:02

I can't even dream of a time like that, well done KK especially after the cold/flu.  glad you made it there and back in one piece.

kittenkat    pirate
22/04/2013 at 18:11

Talking of 'one piece' I was beaten by a man in a mankini with stuff written on his arse in permanent marker.

Ok, he had quite a fit body, but a mankini DOES NOT LOOK GOOD on any man. It's like the man of your dreams having halitosis. Sex ain't going to happen ever...

(Are my standards too high or too low?)

The mankini man also had his name written on his chest, to which a bloke in the crowd shouted "Loving your work Paul".

I smiled.

Edited: 22/04/2013 at 18:13
22/04/2013 at 23:58

Sounds like your standards are too high, a mankini is just so comfortable, in fact I always wear one, even when I'm in meetings in the office.....

Wondering what I've agreed to: a friend has talked me into a gentle bike ride to loosen his legs I agreed, then he told me the route.

Exeter along roads to Powderham/Starcross, Dawlish Warren, Dawlish, over Mamhead to Haldon, across to Dunchideok and back through Alphington - about 26 miles with a cat3 climb.  I have problems doing more than 5 miles on the flat - why did I agree?  Do you think a note from my mum would get me out of it?

23/04/2013 at 00:00

Note to self: find out the route before agreeing to go for a bike ride

kittenkat    pirate
23/04/2013 at 06:55

Bwhahahaha... Gotta love the hill at Mamhead! Remember start off in the lowest gear you think you'll need (and pushing the bike doesn't count as a gear) and work up

My running territory is all around Haldon and I have run the mamhead hill although only a couple of times because it's not that safe for runners. Biked it lots, me and most of Exeter's cyclists! I was actually thinking of dusting off my bike (maybe) this week as I'm giving my running legs a bit of time off after London.

kittenkat    pirate
23/04/2013 at 17:43

Completely friggin manic in work, I'm just feeling really affectionate towards the team I work with, they are just so lovely and supportive. I will buy them artery clogging rewards on the way to work tomorrow.

23/04/2013 at 23:29

Sounds like a good day at work KK, If your lot are anything like mine they'll love you for as long as their mouths are full

Biking I plan to start off slowly and ease off as the ride progresses, hopefully I'll be able to ride backwards at some stage!  After all of the races I've done I should have checked the route when the guy said "mostly flat with a little bump part way round".  I checked the route on mapmyride and the little bump is classed as a Cat3 climb, but there are quite a few other undulations as well - think Haldon to Dunchideok!

Edited: 23/04/2013 at 23:36
kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 06:16

All my run routes are lumpy, most of them start with a straight 2 and a half miles up Haldon, which is just as well as flat running bores me. I actually do better in races that have a few upflats. My fastest ever half was Plymouth and that's not flat.

Edited: 24/04/2013 at 06:16
24/04/2013 at 16:55

I like upflats - brilliant word I'll have to start using it.....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.