55,761 to 55,780 of 56,034 messages
kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 18:06

I can't take credit for its creation, I got it from here. Well there -------

*points to tri forum*

Edited: 24/04/2013 at 20:18
kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 20:26

Ok, this is getting silly now with the problems with forum posts. The above is not how I posted it, and we still can't do PMs. I think that RWUK must be really on its uppers as any tech problems with the forums have been ignored for multiple weeks. Yes you might argue that it's 'free' for us but don't be naive, in business 'free' means that you bring in marketable 'stuff' by a secondary means. That's fine, i don't mind promoting RWUK or USA as I've got a loyalty to both. For the USA now it's through the people that run it because they are accessible and friendly. Here, we lost that but if we can get it back, that's good.

kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 20:39

Even if your software is shit, and you restrict a lot of content to subscribers only, so completely missing the sizeable demographic of older and more experienced runners who have no connection anymore with a mag 80% aimed at noobs.

That's fine for your mag and I think that you should target that market, however that leaves a percentage of older and loyal runners in 'no man's land'.

My suggestion is to not carpet bomb and recognise loyalty online if you can. For example, i've been here for years and don't subscribe because (well you can work it out), but I feel for my loyalty over the years you could at least let me enter races online. You still profit from that, and I say this after my post a while ago as a race organiser, why I didn't choose you to offer my race online. Because you charge too much and for my club I worked out that we had enough support and would be over subscribed without you (sorry).

But on a personal and lazy level, if I could enter my favourite races purely online, I would do that, even paying a couple of quid extra. However, not being a subscriber though ironically being a more long suffering 'supporter'...

(FB *did* warn you that I rant well)

kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 20:42

I will have to vote 'Brown Smarties'.

kittenkat    pirate
24/04/2013 at 20:47

You don't wan't my custom. (Cross post with the semi trained monkey kk barely employs to post in her absence)

25/04/2013 at 13:49

Agreed KK, go get 'em

I survived the 'hill' it was a bit demoralising being left on every hill, and having one of the group get to the top then drop back down to accompany me up to the top.  But the worst bit was when I was overtaken by a second group out for a bike ride as well - they went past like I was stood still - I know I wasn't 'cos I was still sitting down

The downhill from the top of Haldon into Clapham was great fun - almost 50mph before I bottled it and started to brake slightly

25/04/2013 at 13:51

Now looking for another early Sept short Tri - the one I had planned to do has just sent me an email saying it's not running this year - Weymouth looks to be about the closest so I might end up there.....

kittenkat    pirate
25/04/2013 at 17:09

WS, check out Plymouth Olympic tri? Also there's one in Teignmouth.

We've got meningitis in the school, my friend's little boy is in intensive care. He's doing ok though.

&n

kittenkat    pirate
25/04/2013 at 17:09

wtf is going on with this website?

kittenkat    pirate
25/04/2013 at 17:10

This isn't me messing about, I'm posting normally honest!

Ultra AJH    pirate
25/04/2013 at 21:26
Hello

Madlot says he will be our third
kittenkat    pirate
26/04/2013 at 06:40

YEAH! Go us! (Does he know how to find the start?)

I am SO looking forward to a lie in tomorrow, I'm completely knackered. Also i get to finish work early, I have to go to one of our satellite centres to deliver some training but I reckon I'll be done by 3pm so I'm coming home. My friend is picking up a curry for us and it will be a few beers and blissful sleep. The only thing happening this weekend is a child swap on Saturday evening, we give one away and get one back, so thing 2 goes and thing 1 has a friend over. 2 11yr olds, I might just take them to Blockbuster and let them watch a movie in the bedroom, it's not like they were ever going to sleep early anyway.

26/04/2013 at 13:07

Hi KK bad news about friends son - hope all goes well

I've decided on Weymouth sprint tri - bit of googling last night - not too far away, things for Mrs WS and 2 monsters to do nearby, and it's on my birthday!  My pressie to me

Might hire a campervan rather than B&B/Hotel - cheaper, fun for kids, they can easily keep warm if cold/blowy, no queue for a shower.

kittenkat    pirate
26/04/2013 at 16:01

Thanks, my mate's little boy is responding well to treatment, think they're all past the really scary bit.

Campervan sounds like a good call.

Well I've had a very productive day, mostly meetings and delivering training but it feels like a positive step forward with a lot of stuff. And although the whole annual London weekend was fab last weekend, I'm SO glad that I can just kick back tonight with D and my friend and then I don't have to get up tomorrow morning.

Fuck yeah! However the house is a complete tip again so that's on tomorrow's to do list. I'll also go for a gentle run.

Edited: 26/04/2013 at 16:02
kittenkat    pirate
26/04/2013 at 16:05

I also need to do some admin for our last aquathlon, and the event return form for the BTF for the one before.

However, in order to do stuff I have to be able to find stuff so the house cleaning takes priority!

26/04/2013 at 22:02

Enjoy the cleaning, today work felt like wading through treacle - gave up went home and mowed the lawn - tip run first thing tomorrow then trial personal trainer session and food fair for the afternoon

kittenkat    pirate
27/04/2013 at 09:16

Oh yeah, we're going to pop to the food fair, we're in town anyway to pick up thing 1's new glasses.

kittenkat    pirate
28/04/2013 at 19:35

We couldn't find the food fair, neither could our friends. But Google afterwards showed that it was in a place that wouldn't have been expected by the locals. We could have been not so lazy, and Googled it before we went...

My lovely down weekend where I can just hide emotionally in rural Devon with D, the kids, Cole, great neighbours and assorted livestock, has been a bit shattered today by 2 announcements. One my brother has been diagnosed with cancer (but the best kind to be caught early), he also is in the fucking shit that is applying for your own job yet again in the carousel of redundancy policy which working in public service forces on us. (Well him particularly working in the careers service in the North, self explanatory huh?)

And the other news is worse.

kittenkat    pirate
28/04/2013 at 19:41

I rarely speak with my brother, but after my mum phoned and gave me the news, i phoned straight away. After dad died, he grew up with just me and our mum. Both of us are strong women in good and bad ways, but talking to him tonight despite us being 42 and 43 respectively, I really felt that he needed that bond that has always been between the 3 of us.

Ultra AJH    pirate
28/04/2013 at 20:46

Oh KK, awful news. Hope that treatment can be quickly got an successful x

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.