Is this a mad way to start?

55,801 to 55,820 of 55,998 messages
07/05/2013 at 16:50

Horrible horrible start to today. On the way to work, driving along a busy A road. Suddenly a German Shepherd leapt out into the road, got across my side and I was screaming at this guy in a 4x4 on the other side of the road as I could see what would happen. Being in a 4x4 he didn't see it and hit it hard, it bounced and then hit again and rolled under the car. The noise it made was agonising. I leapt out of my car and wished it was dead, there was no way it would have survived. But it was fully conscious and broken all over, could only move it's head. The owner came over and just looked at dog, in shock I suppose. I told him about 3 times to ring an emergency vet. His wife came out of the house, but stayed on the other side of the road and gestured that the vet would ring back. In the meantime I told him to tell her to call any vet, it didn't have to be theirs. Another lady came out of a house and I told her to fetch a blanket. A few of us eventually lifted him onto a board and a woman with a vehicle big enough drove him to the vet. I just kept stroking his head, there was nothing to be done for him. If I had a gun I would have shot him. So horrendous to see such a beautiful animal in so much pain and shock.

I left my number with the dog owners they were an old couple, he was so arthritic that he couldn't bend down to comfort his dog on the side of the road.

So got to work covered in a bit of blood... and then burst into tears!

The guy who hit the dog couldn't stop shaking, I felt so sorry for him, I told him over and over again that I saw the whole thing and it wasn't his fault.

When I crossed the road to see the owners wife she asked if he was dead, I said no but he was in a really bad way. She explained that she couldn't get down her front steps unaided due to some medical condition. So that explains why she was just watching from the top of her steps.

And I thought it was Monday and had completely forgotten that I work late on Tuesdays, so here I am still...

Edited: 07/05/2013 at 16:52
kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:19

Missed a call and got a voicemail  "Hello, this is Mrs ****, you witnessed my dog getting run over today, unfortunately he didn't make it. We thank you so much for caring"

I knew the dog had no chance, it was just really awful that he was conscious.

kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:30

I do get pissed off that so many people read this thread, but don't have the guts to post when maybe it would be appreciated. I know I can avoid this voyeurism by discontinuing the thread, but I've dug my heels in with it over the years and I'm a stubborn cow as you all know.

Also the weirdest comment I got today was from a Hungarian woman who works in our office, she said "I wish I could cry like you". i think what she meant was that when i feel emotion I just express it fully, irrespective of my situation or surroundings. I rarely get that emotional at my age because I've very controlled and guarded. I cry probably about 3 times a year, if that! (yes, yes I know that's not emotionally healthy) but when i do, i do and don't give a shit who witnesses it.

It's cathartic and then someone always offers you cake and a good cuppa. Sorted

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:39

I read this most days......

not sure what you want me to post after your posts of above ? 

Must have been shit. I hate cats love ddogs  

My first thought was how much damage to the car......  I would be pretty annoyed if my motor was damaged by someone failing to control their dog....

in the same way my Outlaw last year was ruined by a dog owner failing to control their   dog when it knocked me off my bike 

kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:49

Yeah he probably had damage to his car, plus it wasn't his fault and he felt completely shit and was shaking.

I don't give a shit about our cars, so damage to material stuff is never on my personal radar, it can be sorted out. When i was much younger, i came into a lot of money due to bad circumstances. I spent it on a top of the range car and material stuff, only to regret that. Cars don't matter... But Dave, you're not in your 20's. Surely you don't give a crap about whatever car you drive v important stuff? I went to a conference last year for work and there was a really fat unattractive guy who produced 3, yes 3 mobile devices ranging from his IPhone  to Ipad, and seemed really proud of ownership of them. All i could thing was 'you're a fat creepy sweaty fuck who can't get laid'

I might have been a bit unkind, but my point is that the guy had nothing to bring to the table than what he possessed.

kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:54

And in this case the dog owner was to blame I guess, he opened his garage and the dog ran out. The dog was 5 so not a pup and I did notice when i comforted him, that he was overweight and hadn't been brushed so an unfit adult dog an unfortunate choice of breed from the owner. However, the dog itself was lovely and not his fault.

07/05/2013 at 21:55

No but still not having a job I have had to ditch the fully comp insurance ... So hitting an out of control mutt could have left me with a very damaged motor and no way of getting it repaired 

kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 21:59
kittenkat wrote (see)

Yeah he probably had damage to his car, plus it wasn't his fault and he felt completely shit and was shaking.

I don't give a shit about our cars, so damage to material stuff is never on my personal radar, it can be sorted out. When i was much younger, i came into a lot of money due to bad circumstances. I spent it on a top of the range car and material stuff, only to regret that. Cars don't matter... But Dave, you're not in your 20's. Surely you don't give a crap about whatever car you drive v important stuff? I went to a conference last year for work and there was a really fat unattractive guy who produced 3, yes 3 mobile devices ranging from his IPhone  to Ipad, and seemed really proud of ownership of them. All i could thing was 'you're a fat creepy sweaty fuck who can't get laid'

I might have been a bit unkind, but my point is that the guy had nothing to bring to the table than what he possessed.

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

No but still not having a job I have had to ditch the fully comp insurance ... So hitting an out of control mutt could have left me with a very damaged motor and no way of getting it repaired 

Get a cheaper car? What are you driving? At your age you should be able to get insurance for next to nothing. We can.

07/05/2013 at 22:09

My humble apologies for my choice of car.....

i shall stick it on eBay ASAP  ( along worth my TT bike as I can't afford to keep that  either ) 

kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 22:14

You haven't told us what your car IS, you need to do that before I fling real pooh at you.

Dave... Look it'll keep until the morning. We went through the almost bankrupt phase (I'm not assuming you're there now but just trying to read into what you're posting).

Material posessions mean Jack, and they really do.

kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 22:17

But conversely, when you are used to working hard and providing, and the rug is pulled from under your feet from nothing that you've done wrong... It's completely shit.

kittenkat    pirate
07/05/2013 at 22:20

Just hang in there, but buy a rubber car because I'll punch the shit out of you if you kill a dog.

(fair enough?)

08/05/2013 at 00:10

KK just got online, bad for all involved, car driver, dog owners and unlucky bystanders - I'd be more angry than upset - but that's the way my mind works (can't call it a brain under Trades Description Act Regs)

Edited: 08/05/2013 at 00:11
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:04

How sad, and dreadful for you to witness KK. I have nightmares about my Nemo doing something like that, he's Houdini in a black coat. It only takes a second of somebody not paying attention and he's out, over the fence and gone. For instance he darted out of the back door the other day. Luckily I was able to grab him but unknown to me hubby had opened the cellar door into the garden and left it ajar. Nemo went straight down the cellar and out again, over the fence and down the road looking for anything to chase. Only way to get him back is to open my car hatchback and yell "in the car".Due to his hunting tendency the only way he can be out in the garden is secured with a long line which I hate doing but unfortunately its the only way to keep him safe and allow him to be outside for a while.

kittenkat    pirate
08/05/2013 at 06:30

Thanks guys, Iw, Maggie was like that. I do miss my shepherds, they are such a fantastic breed of dog.

I was in work for 11 and a half hours yesterday, today I am coming home in time for the chip van in the village (Wednesdays is ALWAYS Nippy Chippy night in our house).

kittenkat    pirate
10/05/2013 at 07:03

Friday, thank fuck. It's been a really busy week. It's our club tri on Sunday, the girls and me are going to help.

kittenkat    pirate
10/05/2013 at 16:21

I managed to leave work early today, brain stopped working and my friend was picking up the girls, I didn't want to be late for them.

Those on FB know that it's not been a good doggy week for me. Cole has to have an x-ray on his hips, worst case scenario early onset arthritis or hip dysplasia. Hopefully not, but my my running buddy is on the bench for the time being.

Tonight it's just me and my girls, D working and my neighbour (and one of my best friends), who comes over every Friday has gone on holiday so we are cooking chocolate brownies and cup cakes right now and then someone in the office lent me their Life of Pi DVD, kittens night in.

10/05/2013 at 16:33

enjoy the brownies and Pi, kittens night in sounds good - our monsters night in tonight for us as well

Hope Cole OK and its just a sprain or similar

kittenkat    pirate
10/05/2013 at 16:38

Thanks WS

The kids are currently licking out the bowls, sugar rush in 3...2...1...

10/05/2013 at 19:08

fun, fun, fun

55,801 to 55,820 of 55,998 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.