Is this a mad way to start?

55,841 to 55,860 of 55,994 messages
Ultra AJH    pirate
14/05/2013 at 19:58

All our family used to come to Devon when we were there.

kittenkat    pirate
14/05/2013 at 20:03

I remember when I was a kid, we went to St Agnes on 2 consecutive summers and rented a small cottage. It was the best summer holiday you could give a kid as far as I was concerned and made up my mind then to live down here.

It's still quite ironic that lots of D's family live in Aggy and his cousin owns the Tap House.

kittenkat    pirate
15/05/2013 at 19:44

The One Show is at the Devon County Show site (5 miles up the road).

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2013 at 13:06

Well, I've just popped home for half hour before the hospital appointment, I guess I should start sorting out the swim waves for next weekend, but I just want a cup of tea and a quick Cole walk I think.

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2013 at 13:10

Ah, the neighbour just rang to say she took Cole for a walk already, that's why he's put himself back to bed. I shall just drink my tea then!

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2013 at 16:20

Ha, my consultant knows me very well... "I know you're pretty tough inside and out but we can give you some medication to help with x, y and z..."

And then the flabotomist caught my vein badly, those people who have regular bloods taken will know what I mean. She did apologise and called me the perfect patient. What do other people do in those circumstances? Slap her round the face? It's nicely bruised already.

Oh and they had cancelled my appointment, and everyone was stumped about the phone call on Sat evening. The staff are all lovely there, they squeezed me back in.

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2013 at 18:56

Ok end of SATS for thing 1, that's good and she feels positive. We also have this weekend when nothing is scheduled, which should be bliss but... I have to do the race waves for the club, plus the series rankings to date.

I'm mentally doing my 'push, pull' thing with voluntary stuff. Before I got involved in race organisation and giving something back, I would only look at it from the viewpoint of my own race and performance. Therefore when there was any contention about results, (most commonly with faster women and men running with female allocated numbers, to knock them off the podium), I would be very direct and  of course that confidence put pressure on the organisers.

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2013 at 18:58

However, when you organise races I can say that you have no interest or emotion in who actually was placed, that really does pass you by. You just want to get the results right technically.

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2013 at 18:58

For everyone.

kittenkat    pirate
16/05/2013 at 19:00

And provide a great experience for all entrants.

kittenkat    pirate
17/05/2013 at 07:02

Friday! YEAH!

17/05/2013 at 20:20

FRIDAY

Soggy County Show  (is there any other sort?)

kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2013 at 08:04

Did you go?

kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2013 at 10:18

Right, it's the 11th hour, I've got to get these swim waves done.

kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2013 at 17:54

Not happy, well my calf isn't. I noticed it was tight on my last run, was reduced to walking today. I don't get calf problems and I'm coming up to some big races.

In better news, we bought the girls their first proper running shoes today, thing 2 ran with me for the first mile, before peeling off to go back home down the farm track.

It's great that my kids see running as just something you do, it's normal in their eyes. She has got the making of a great little runner, very natural and we're all built like runts of the litter, which lends itself to running.

Cole is booked in for his hip x-ray on Friday.

kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2013 at 17:55

I still haven't done the swim waves, but I work better under pressure.

Ultra AJH    pirate
18/05/2013 at 18:16

My calf was very hu happy last week. I am putting it down to going off too fast and wearing racing flats when I should have stuck to my more cushioned shoes.

kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2013 at 18:24

That's the only thing I can think of AJH, is that I raced fast and short in Dorset, when I've done no short stuff at pace for a long time. I'm worried now because I've got the heads up that I've probably made the team for the Welsh Castles. I really want to do it because we have a strong chance of winning.

I can't run with this injury, I'm just going to Google like fuck to find out how I can heal in a short amount of time. It's still odd for me to have a calf problem though when I'm actually very balanced biomechanically, maybe I'm just getting old

Do you need some dosh for the JW, I get paid on Friday.

Edited: 18/05/2013 at 18:25
Ultra AJH    pirate
18/05/2013 at 18:47

I need to really do it after I get paid which will be month end. But if you want to send it when you get paid I can PM you my details when I'm at work?

kittenkat    pirate
18/05/2013 at 19:34

Ok that's cool. I can do it on Friday. I think Lurker needs the money in. Cheers mate.

55,841 to 55,860 of 55,994 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.