I've won the loan of a Wattbiike

woohoo!!!!

21 to 31 of 31 messages
purpletrilady    pirate
02/11/2010 at 20:19
Off to evesham tomorrow to measured for the bike and also to have a "physical assessment", hope they are not expecting a cyclist! 
purpletrilady    pirate
03/11/2010 at 17:31

well I've been interviewed, videoed, photographed and assessed for my training programme.

I arrived at the assessment centre at about 11. (See the link below). Its a brand new building and the main room is full of  gelaming brand new watt bikes, rowing machines and treadmills

The physical assessment was quite easy - it was basically 30 minutes of gradually build up followed by a 3 minute max heart rate test and then a 10 minute cool down. The 3 minute test was good fun and I'm pleased to say I hit my max heart rate

The first part of the assessment look at my cycling technique... which apparently has a lot of room for improvement!! The Watt bike has a linked screen showing power, hr, cadence and load of other stuff.  It also shows the power you are putting thru each leg in the form of a peanut shaped graphic.

Next week I will be sent my programme - after each workout I download the workout details to a laptop and then send to Eddie (sport scientist) for analysis.

There are three of us who won the competition and we meet monthly for assessments and progress checking.They are looking for some good PR and so are really keen to help us progress and improve.

My Watt bike should arrive in the next week. I'll post the programme when I get it

Sport science place
Watt bike

Edited: 03/11/2010 at 17:38
Holly_Golightly    pirate
03/11/2010 at 18:33
I've striving to get a peanut.
debbo    pirate
03/11/2010 at 19:06
I could bring you some peanuts to Rutland

PTL - cool - does having the wattbike mean you don't have to do outdoor cycling till the nice weather comes back?
03/11/2010 at 19:59
Nice one Purple.  Looking forward to hearing how you progress. 
purpletrilady    pirate
03/11/2010 at 20:20

debbo - yep thats correct , thats suits me just fine. They reckon 1 hr targeted training on the bike is worth 2hrs cycling on the road.

still wanna new bike tho  , will drop you a mail

purpletrilady    pirate
03/11/2010 at 20:22
holly - apparently I can get a peanut but its not fat enough
Edited: 03/11/2010 at 20:23
03/11/2010 at 21:11
sounds coolio IPM I take it you are fighting fit wasnt your hamstring playing up? mine is still killing me its that bad I am seriously thinking of going backonmy word and entering a 2011 Ironman to teach a lesson
03/11/2010 at 21:14
peanuts after a winter of training on that you wanna see brazil nut  shaped graphs
purpletrilady    pirate
03/11/2010 at 22:06

ridge - not hamstring, Ive been having ITB problems so not running much.

so which IM?? Wales/Henley?? goooo on you know you want to

04/11/2010 at 07:45

IPM SSSSSHHHHHHH! secretly saving for IM Wales but gonna try and link it in to taking the kids away for a week hiking in Snowdonia after (good post race recovery yomping up Snowdon) while I am in the area if its full if/ when I get the cash together Henley also sounds good

I can cycle and swim no problems with no pain more than 30 mins of runninng and my hamstring really starts moaning very strange hope the ITB band clears up I take it you are doing all the usual ITB stretches etc

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.