Jane Tomlinson Again

Cross Europe Cycling

8 messages
04/05/2004 at 12:04
Jane Tomlinson Again
Anyone see this news item yesterday? She's cycling from Rome to London(?I think)
She really does seem to be made of iron.
I did a similar cycle trip last year, but then I'm not ill! (Still knackered by the end).

Interesting to see that our great british media views her half ironman as merely "half a triathlon".
04/05/2004 at 12:21
amazing woman
04/05/2004 at 12:28
Really amazing, I keep thinking about what see has done when I have a bad training session and think to myself what have I got to whinge about.
04/05/2004 at 14:38
She's finnishing her ride in Leeds, her home town. Round of applause for her I think. Noticed myself that she had completed a half triathlon, one day they will get ti right, we need a leather ball to be kicked at the end of a tri I think, then it would get full TV and media coverage!!!.
05/05/2004 at 23:04
Rome to Leeds with her brother (not London).

I cannot try to describe the admiration I hold for the Lady after competing against her in the GNR and London Tri. I had hoped to ride locally with her and, I think it was, her husband when they did John O'Groats to Lands End but couldn't get the time off work.

I used to feel sorry for myself when I lost my hearing, but Mrs Tomlinson soon puts things into perspective.
05/05/2004 at 23:10
didnt she do Flm this year too ?

she was apparently in a lot pain before she set off for this
06/05/2004 at 10:31
Top lady and still going
06/05/2004 at 10:56
When I was struggling in my race on Sunday, I thought about her and it certainly spurred me on.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.