Joined new club

What a nice surprise

9 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
11/01/2004 at 21:34
We decided with much heart-wrenching to transfer from our old club as we now live quite a long way away. Very happy to discover, not only will we get race entry fee supplements and half-price swim tickets, but they have 3 swim sessions per week and starting this week, a pro trainer every Tuesday. Plus group training runs on Wednesdays and a bike group on Sundays.
11/01/2004 at 22:52
Excellent IW. I must say I was reflecting today on how much I am enjoying the training support and social aspect of the club I joined last year. This week included a 13 mile club run on Wednesday evening, an hour and a half coached swim session (by SwimForTri) on Thursday evening and a 50 mile group bike ride today. They will pretty much feature as three regular sessions for me over the next few months.
Monique    pirate
11/01/2004 at 22:52
Hoorah, that sounds like an excellent club, not many tri clubs near us at all.
11/01/2004 at 22:58
Monique, you should do what they did with Serpies and just start a tri section of your club. You can be sure there will be a lot of demand if there aren't many clubs in the area. You'll also find both sections of the club benefit, as the tri people get involved in road running and cross country etc and vice versa.
Monique    pirate
11/01/2004 at 23:10
Derek and I are pushing for that, but we are dealing with some purists. Also this being Yorkshire their hair turns white at the mention of triathlon race entry fees.
11/01/2004 at 23:13
what club is it richard? serpies tri section? might join, what are the details?
12/01/2004 at 10:19
You just join the running club and that's it. There's no extra to join the tri section as such, other than a BTA membership which you've probably already got anyway Andy.

Problem is if we're clubmates we're supposed to encourage each other and I quite enjoy a bit of friendly abuse you old clydesdale.
Monique    pirate
12/01/2004 at 10:28
You could be the Grumpy Old Men of Serpentine. Richard is the Walter Matthau I think.
12/01/2004 at 10:36
Either that or Laurel and Hardy. I'm not keen on being Stan Laurel, but Andy is a shoe in for Ollie.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.